• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Oversized, men's t shirts make women look fat

StandUpChuck

Tart with a Heart
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Stop wearing them!!! :crazy3:

:rofl

If someone IS fat then wearing tighter clothes, unless they're tailored and properly fitted (which most off-the-rack clothes are not) it will only make them look MORE fat. :shrug:

I wear baggy shirts all the time - I feel self conscious when I wear fitted clothes even though I've lost a lot of weight. So, while I'm several sizes smaller, I still wear my 'fat' clothes - because I've yet to sculpt the perfect body worthy of decent attire.

:rofl

If someone IS fat then wearing tighter clothes, unless they're tailored and properly fitted (which most off-the-rack clothes are not) it will only make them look MORE fat. :shrug:

I wear baggy shirts all the time - I feel self conscious when I wear fitted clothes even though I've lost a lot of weight. So, while I'm several sizes smaller, I still wear my 'fat' clothes - because I've yet to sculpt the perfect body worthy of decent attire.

I'm in the process of revamping my casual wardrobe, too. Your body will look more perfect in well fitted clothes. They don't have to be tight (they shouldn't be unless they're skinny jeans), but they should have a decent shape. It takes a little time in the dressing room to figure out what works best, but it's so worth it.

The reason I went on this rant is that I have a drawer full of oversized men's t shirts that I keep buying anytime we travel. I put one on today with a pair of bermuda shorts, and I look like I've got an apple torso with chicken legs.
bbb.jpg

:mrgreen: Well, then stop wearing them :mrgreen:

Some people just don't give a damn. I'm in the middle - I care but not enough to buy new clothes yet :) I've got a ways to go. I'll alter all of my own clothes, first - and I'll wear them out before I spend money on stuff. LOL

Last edited:
:mrgreen: Well, then stop wearing them :mrgreen:

Some people just don't give a damn. I'm in the middle - I care but not enough to buy new clothes yet :) I've got a ways to go. I'll alter all of my own clothes, first - and I'll wear them out before I spend money on stuff. LOL

I owe it to my son to dress frumpy today. I picked him up from school yesterday after I had worked out, so I didn't bother to change. I was wearing short workout shorts, and a thin, tight layering tank. It didn't matter because there's no need to get out of the car. When he got into the car, he updated me on an ongoing situation in the class that was gone on too long. I decided I was going in to talk with the teacher right then and there. I didn't even think about what I was wearing until a breeze blew some paper off her desk, and I bent over to pick them up.

I don't blame you for not wanting to buy new clothes yet. Congratulations on your success! Keep up the good work!

I dress for comfort and oversized shirts and pants are comfy. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom