• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

overnor of the State of Mississippi, proclaim the month of April 2021 as Confederate Heritage Month in the State of Mississippi

There are all sorts of lefty idiots that hate everything about this country and they’re still Americans. Something tells me you’re ok with them.

It was not left storming the Capital Jan 6. Own it, the history books will not be kind to those folks.

If any state actualy left the Union it would tank the economy overnight. Normalize solving problems instead of running away.
If Mississippi left the union it would tank their economy. Not sure it would tank our economy.

If Mississippi left the union it would tank their economy. Not sure it would tank our economy.
TL;DR it would ruin America's AAA credit rating and putting an immediate halt to most of the borrowing we do to prop our economy up. It would mean an immediate decades-long dipression.

More than anything I think it’s more romanticizing the idea of rebellion against authority.

Well then... that was not the Confederacy. They were a bunch of whiners who picked up their ball and went home the very second they thought that they were not going to get what they wanted because they lost some political power.

perhaps the US government can honor the month of April by collecting tax dollars from Mississippi but returning none of them.

After publicly dumping its Confederate flag, Mississippi accused of quietly continuing 'Confederate Heritage Month'
“Now, therefore, I Tate Reeves, Governor of the State of Mississippi, proclaim the month of April 2021 as Confederate Heritage Month in the State of Mississippi,” a document reads.
By
Jenna Romaine | April 13, 2021

--------------------------

I'm embarrassed. I'm angry. Maybe we can get Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana to secede again. They're a drain on the economy.

What an idiot, if he created a heritage month of the pre-Civil War era, an honest month celebrating the good things and remembering all the evil things that happened, well then maybe it would be a positive thing to do, now to call it confederate heritage month is just stupid, it is celebrating "We betrayed the US and caused many casualties to allow rich people to keep owning slaves" month and that is just all kinds of wrong.

After publicly dumping its Confederate flag, Mississippi accused of quietly continuing 'Confederate Heritage Month'
“Now, therefore, I Tate Reeves, Governor of the State of Mississippi, proclaim the month of April 2021 as Confederate Heritage Month in the State of Mississippi,” a document reads.
By

I'm embarrassed. I'm angry. Maybe we can get Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana to secede again. They're a drain on the economy.
1618638783752.png

By

Those 3 States just drag down the national IQ. What exactly is Confederate Heritage, how do we celebrate? With mint juleps and a visit to the slave quarters?

Good for Mississippi

"Here's to the state of Mississippi
For underneath her borders, the devil draws no lines
If you drag her muddy river, nameless bodies you will find
Whoa, the fat trees of the forest have hid a thousand crimes

The calendar is lyin' when it reads the present time

Whoa, here's to the land you've torn out the heart of
Mississippi, find yourself another country to be part of

And here's to the people of Mississippi
Who say the folks up north, they just don't understand
And they tremble in their shadows at the thunder of the Klan
The sweating of their souls can't wash the blood from off their hands
They smile and shrug their shoulders at the murder of a man

Oh, here's to the land you've torn out the heart of

And here's to the schools of Mississippi
Where they're teaching all the children that they don't have to care

All the rudiments of hatred are present everywhere
And every single classroom is a factory of despair
There's nobody learning such a foreign word as "fair"

And here's to the cops of Mississippi
They're chewing their tobacco as they lock the prison door

Their bellies bounce inside them when they knock you to the floor
No they don't like taking prisoners in their private little war
Behind their broken badges they are murderers and more

And, here's to the judges of Mississippi
Who wear the robe of honor as they crawl into the court
They're guarding all the bastions of their phony legal fort
Oh, justice is a stranger when the prisoners report
When the black man stands accused, the trial is always short

And here's to the government of Mississippi
In the swamp of their bureaucracy they're always bogging down
And criminals are posing as the mayors of the towns

And they hope that no one sees the sights and no one hears the sounds
And the speeches of the governor are the ravings of a clown

And here's to the laws of Mississippi
Congressmen will gather in a circus of delay
While the Constitution is drowning in an ocean of decay
"Unwed mothers should be sterilized", I've even heard them say
Yes, corruption can be classic in the Mississippi way

And here's to the churches of Mississippi
Where the cross, once made of silver, now, is caked with rust
And the Sunday morning sermons pander to their lust
The fallen face of Jesus is choking in the dust

Heaven only knows in which God they can trust"

Link
Do you have a link for the above manifesto?

The governor is certainly a brave man to sign such a document.

Apparently, he does not believe that it will hurt his political career in Mississippi.

Nowadays, there are very few politicians who have such political guts. The last one was (reputedly) defeated in last year's presidential election.

TL;DR it would ruin America's AAA credit rating and putting an immediate halt to most of the borrowing we do to prop our economy up. It would mean an immediate decades-long dipression.
Source? I don't doubt you have one I'd just like to understand the "why" of it.

Apparently, he does not believe that it will hurt his political career in Mississippi.

Nowadays, there are very few politicians who have such political guts. The last one was (reputedly) defeated in last year's presidential election.

So, you believe that Trump was a racist? Just intrested, what makes you believe that?

I’m sure he doesn’t. This, after all, is the state where after a terrorist attack the local cops blamed the victims and claimed that they were just trying to make Mississippi look bad.

let's see, around 360,222 US Soldiers died in the Civil War. A TON of them were killed by the traitors in the South.

What's not to love about them??

By

BRAVO!
and Hurrah

Many honorable people suffered for the CSA
They should not all be regarded as sadistic slave owners.

Historical fiction good one
https://www.amazon.com/Shaman-Cole-...618682593&sprefix=shaman++noah,aps,203&sr=8-1

History award winning one
https://www.amazon.com/Battle-Cry-F...=1618682710&sprefix=battle+cry,aps,217&sr=8-1

Moi

Canada-3.png

How is it brave if he doesn't believe it will hurt him?

He signed the document on April 7th, which really only gives them three weeks. It would've been extremely appropriate to have signed it on the 1st.

So, you believe that Trump was a racist? Just intrested, what makes you believe that?
President Trump refused to kowtow to or grovel before BLM. That takes guts in today's America! If he had pandered to those folks, as almost all politicians & corporations & media do, he might even have won reelection.

President Trump refused to kowtow to or grovel before BLM. That takes guts in today's America! If he had pandered to those folks, as almost all politicians & corporations & media do, he might even have won reelection.
That would have been abandoning his base.

Couldn’t care less.

Why do you not care? Let's say a governor declared a month in their state to be "Nazi Heritage Month", would you care then?

This is why Mississippi left the union in it's own words:

'Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun. These products have become necessities of the world, and a blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization. That blow has been long aimed at the institution, and was at the point of reaching its consummation. There was no choice left us but submission to the mandates of abolition, or a dissolution of the Union, whose principles had been subverted to work out our ruin. That we do not overstate the dangers to our institution, a reference to a few facts will sufficiently prove."

Tell me, what would be a more vile and evil cause than that? Mississippi took up arms against their fellow Americans to preserve the most evil institution in human history. In 1860, over 60% of Mississippi's population was enslaved. The average lifespan of a slave in Mississippi was only half that of antebellum whites. Slaves had no rights to marriage and husbands and wives were routinely broken up. Their children were often sold off and they never saw them again. Depending on their labors, they were often considered completely disposable. Confederate heritage is every bit as evil and as vile of a heritage as that of Stalin's Russia or Nazi Germany, and I say that as someone born and raised in the South.

Moreover, the South has nothing to do with the Confederacy today. Southern cities are often very diverse, blacks and whites in southern cities often live in the same neighborhoods, work in the same workplaces, and attend the same places of worship. So why would anyone want to slander the south by associating it with the confederacy today?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom