• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

overnor of the State of Mississippi, proclaim the month of April 2021 as Confederate Heritage Month in the State of Mississippi

Loulit01

Leftist Filth
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
After publicly dumping its Confederate flag, Mississippi accused of quietly continuing 'Confederate Heritage Month'
“Now, therefore, I Tate Reeves, Governor of the State of Mississippi, proclaim the month of April 2021 as Confederate Heritage Month in the State of Mississippi,” a document reads.
By
Jenna Romaine | April 13, 2021

--------------------------

I'm embarrassed. I'm angry. Maybe we can get Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana to secede again. They're a drain on the economy.

After publicly dumping its Confederate flag, Mississippi accused of quietly continuing 'Confederate Heritage Month'
“Now, therefore, I Tate Reeves, Governor of the State of Mississippi, proclaim the month of April 2021 as Confederate Heritage Month in the State of Mississippi,” a document reads.
By

I'm embarrassed. I'm angry. Maybe we can get Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana to secede again. They're a drain on the economy.
If anyone thought the deeply held belief in white supremacy would just be let go, they haven't been paying attention. There is a long journey still in front of us.

By

Confederate Heritage Month is also known as Loser Month.

It is embarrassing. It’s all about the lost cause and historical revision. Local groups should use the month as a way to attempt giving people the truth about the Confederacy. Blow up the airways with historical stories. I would donate money for such a cause.

The OP article is very incomplete.

What an idiot and a stupid idea.

Couldn’t care less.

Yes, we already knew the Trump cult couldn’t care less about people celebrating a regime which killed hundreds of thousands of Americans in a desperate attempt to preserve slavery. You lot save your outrage for things like the color of someone’s suit.

Confederate Heritage Month is also known as Loser Month.

It is embarrassing. It’s all about the lost cause and historical revision. Local groups should use the month as a way to attempt giving people the truth about the Confederacy. Blow up the airways with historical stories. I would donate money for such a cause.
You mean like the Vietnam War Memorial and Holocaust museums are about lost causes of "losers," right?

By

Miss Sippy? One of the most backwards, unhealthy, uneducated, poorest states in the union? That Miss Sippy?

What is the point of privately declaring something confederate heritage month? This is a very strange story. If the governor is signing secret executive orders for the benefit of white supremacists that seems--as an understatement--to be a problem.

Last edited:
The Nazis lost the war. Holocaust victims didn’t start WWIII.

No they didn't. Most reported themselves and their children to horrific death. You aren't claiming Jews of Europe won WW2 are you? Claiming the Jews of the Warsaw Ghetto won? Weren't they the "losers?" And we know how much you despise losers.

You mean like the Vietnam War Memorial and Holocaust museums are about lost causes of "losers," right?
Gee, unlike the Confederates the US troops in Vietnam did not betray their country.

Oh, and weren’t fighting to preserve slavery.
Welcome to Joko world

No they didn't. Most reported themselves and their children to horrific death. You aren't claiming Jews of Europe won WW2 are you? Claiming the Jews of the Warsaw Ghetto won? Weren't they the "losers?" And we know how much you despise losers.
Why don't we just agree that confederates and those who support them are clearly losers, and you can save your wacko argument that Jews who died in the Holocaust were also losers for a more appropriate forum, like the one Trump is about to start.

Why don't we just agree that confederates and those who support them are clearly losers, and you can save your wacko argument that Jews who died in the Holocaust were also losers for a more appropriate forum, like the one Trump is about to start.

Why do you try to read the exchange between people - and don't waste my time with your TDS problem?

Yes, we already knew the Trump cult couldn’t care less about people celebrating a regime which killed hundreds of thousands of Americans in a desperate attempt to preserve slavery. You lot save your outrage for things like the color of someone’s suit.

I can guarantee that you won’t find a single post of mine complaining about the color of a person’s suit. One of the great things about the US is if you don’t like the state you’re in, you can go to a different one. I rarely, if ever, even think about Mississippi much less think I should have some say in their local politics.

Those are American war dead. Confederates are not American war dead. They are traitors. We don’t honor traitors.

Well. Most of us don’t, I should say.

I can guarantee that you won’t find a single post of mine complaining about the color of a person’s suit. One of the great things about the US is if you don’t like the state you’re in, you can go to a different one. I rarely, if ever, even think about Mississippi much less think I should have some say in their local politics.

However, in presidential elections, their votes count more than mine.

"Here's to the state of Mississippi
For underneath her borders, the devil draws no lines
If you drag her muddy river, nameless bodies you will find
Whoa, the fat trees of the forest have hid a thousand crimes

The calendar is lyin' when it reads the present time

Whoa, here's to the land you've torn out the heart of
Mississippi, find yourself another country to be part of

And here's to the people of Mississippi
Who say the folks up north, they just don't understand
And they tremble in their shadows at the thunder of the Klan
The sweating of their souls can't wash the blood from off their hands
They smile and shrug their shoulders at the murder of a man

Oh, here's to the land you've torn out the heart of

And here's to the schools of Mississippi
Where they're teaching all the children that they don't have to care

All the rudiments of hatred are present everywhere
And every single classroom is a factory of despair
There's nobody learning such a foreign word as "fair"

And here's to the cops of Mississippi
They're chewing their tobacco as they lock the prison door

Their bellies bounce inside them when they knock you to the floor
No they don't like taking prisoners in their private little war
Behind their broken badges they are murderers and more

And, here's to the judges of Mississippi
Who wear the robe of honor as they crawl into the court
They're guarding all the bastions of their phony legal fort
Oh, justice is a stranger when the prisoners report
When the black man stands accused, the trial is always short

And here's to the government of Mississippi
In the swamp of their bureaucracy they're always bogging down
And criminals are posing as the mayors of the towns

And they hope that no one sees the sights and no one hears the sounds
And the speeches of the governor are the ravings of a clown

And here's to the laws of Mississippi
Congressmen will gather in a circus of delay
While the Constitution is drowning in an ocean of decay
"Unwed mothers should be sterilized", I've even heard them say
Yes, corruption can be classic in the Mississippi way

And here's to the churches of Mississippi
Where the cross, once made of silver, now, is caked with rust
And the Sunday morning sermons pander to their lust
The fallen face of Jesus is choking in the dust

Heaven only knows in which God they can trust"

Link

Oh, I’m sure if I bothered to actually do a search I could find you moaning about some equally meaningless thing that some Democrat did to trigger you. One of the great things about the US is that we are one country, not fifty loosely connected ones, and therefore when a state does something as despicable as celebrating those who fought for slavery we have every right to call them out on it.

Those are American war dead. Confederates are not American war dead. They are traitors. We don’t honor traitors.

Well. Most of us don’t, I should say.

You know most confederate soldiers stayed in the US after the war and were Americans, right?

You know most confederate soldiers stayed in the US after the war and were Americans, right?

I understand they stayed here but that doesn’t make them Americans. If you are loyal to the confederate flag, you’re not an American.

Oh, I’m sure if I bothered to actually do a search I could find you moaning about some equally meaningless thing that some Democrat did to trigger you. One of the great things about the US is that we are one country, not fifty loosely connected ones, and therefore when a state does something as despicable as celebrating those who fought for slavery we have every right to call them out on it.

So you’re acknowledging Mississippi residents are US citizens that have a say in this country too? I am a little shocked to see you refer to the US as “great.” That’s not very woke at all.

Back
Top Bottom