• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Over There

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Anyone seen this show on FX? It follows several troops in Iraq, a little graphic, similar to Saving Private Ryan. Let me know what you think. Wednesdays 10pm est.

It seems too fake to me. If it was an actual documentary then I'd watch it. Those guys could not capture the "AHHH" expression as well as someone in real life.

The GI hitting the guy (walking towards him while shooting) with an RPG, that blew the upper half off while the lower half kept walking a few more steps after, caught me a little off guard.

How fitting was the opening scene of a sargeant pissed off that he was babysitting a bunch of new recruits instead of going home like he expected.

The show gives me mixed emotions. I feel more compassion for the GI's that have to deal with this. I also feel bad for the innocent Iraqi's that get caught in the middle.

I've yet to see the show. I want to.

I am a bit aprehensive at them doing a series while troops are still "Over There". I dunno...it just seems...dodgy somehow...

Do want to have a look at it...

Back
Top Bottom