• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Over 1/3 of info shared by GOP candidates is misinformation.

Crakhobarbie

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Researchers have found that more than one-third of Republican candidates' online communications this election cycle contained some form of misinformation, intensifying questions about politicians' role in perpetuating inaccurate or sometimes false narratives in the national political discourse. Anecdotally, from where I'm sitting it appears it's more than 1/3rd. GOP supporters spout unsubstantiated claims that they spread as if their claims were gospel. MAGA appears to be fully prepared to lie in order to force their faith based narrative on the rest of us. What do you think the outcome of this will be?

Researchers have found that more than one-third of Republican candidates' online communications this election cycle contained some form of misinformation, intensifying questions about politicians' role in perpetuating inaccurate or sometimes false narratives in the national political discourse. Anecdotally, from where I'm sitting it appears it's more than 1/3rd. GOP supporters spout unsubstantiated claims that they spread as if their claims were gospel. MAGA appears to be fully prepared to lie in order to force their faith based narrative on the rest of us. What do you think the outcome of this will be?

Agree. More like 75% is total BS, and the remaining 25% varying amounts of BS.

Yep, The assessment certainly holds true, here in Florida. Even the election last week was something out of Alice-in-Wonderland.
The right-wing candidates said crazy shit like, birds can't fly at night, all gay people try to kill children and other assorted nonsense.
I had fantasies of spraying them with wet horse-shit, just to make the present reality of our universe in balance once again.

36% of conservative narratives are false, compared to 2% for Democrats according to the study.

This is why conservatives have had such a difficult time lately with constantly being proven wrong. They are faced with either admitting that they were misled, or doubling down on proven nonsense. A surprisingly significant percentage of what they believe is simply not accurate because they trusted conservative media to tell them the truth. Most conservative media tells conservatives what it wants them to believe in order to frighten them into voting Republican, not what is factually true.

Compared to 2% for Democrats.

This is why conservatives have had such a difficult time lately with constantly being proven wrong. They are faced with either admitting that they were misled, or doubling down on proven nonsense. A surprisingly significant percentage of what they believe is simply not accurate because they trusted conservative media to tell them the truth. Most conservative media tells conservatives what it wants them to believe in order to frighten them into voting Republican, not what is factually true and in their best interests.
33% vs 2%

Both parties are the same.

LOL what a crock of shit.

Compared to 2% for Democrats.

This is why conservatives have had such a difficult time lately with constantly being proven wrong. They are faced with either admitting that they were misled, or doubling down on proven nonsense. A surprisingly significant percentage of what they believe is simply not accurate because they trusted conservative media to tell them the truth. Most conservative media tells conservatives what it wants them to believe in order to frighten them into voting Republican, not what is factually true and in their best interests.
True. The conservative media spews propaganda. Those who consume that propaganda fervently propagate it online and the absurd garbage cycle is repeated over and over.

True. The conservative media spews propaganda. Those who consume that propaganda fervently propagate it online and the absurd garbage cycle is repeated over and over.
LOL And the liberal media only spew Truth, Justice and the American Way.

33% vs 2%

Both parties are the same.
*36% for Republicans.

The GOP is the party of an alternate reality warped by propaganda to terrify simple folk who don't know who to believe into being afraid of the "woke" boogeyman. They do this because the GOP can no longer win in actual reality.

There's an internet full of empirical evidence supporting my contention. Shall I blanket you with it?
Hammer me baby. Spend the next couple of hours trying to convince me that MSNBC, NBC, CNN, ABC, CBS, NYTimes, WaPo don't spew propaganda for your party.

I’m surprised this stat is so low

Hammer me baby. Spend the next couple of hours trying to convince me that MSNBC, NBC, CNN, ABC, CBS, NYTimes, WaPo don't spew propaganda for your party.
So your reply is "what about the Dems"? Genius.

They do. It's just that on average it's in the neighborhood of 2% of the total news they report, whereas conservative media on average is in the neighborhood of 36%.

You can laser focus on that 2% all you want, but it's still only 2% compared to 36% for conservatives. That's a gargantuan difference when it comes to the news people consume in order to understand current events.

Black is white. Up is down. News is propaganda.

They do. It's just that on average it's in the neighborhood of 2% of the total news they report, whereas conservative media on average is in the neighborhood of 36%.

You can laser focus on that 2% all you want, but it's still only 2% compared to 36% for conservatives. That's a gargantuan difference when it comes to the news people consume in order to understand current events.
Why settle on 36% why not make it 76%.

Simple question - was the Hunter laptop "misinformation?"

Back
Top Bottom