• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Outrageous: Veterans Groups STILL Waiting for Money Trump Raised

imyoda

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Front Page Stories | RedState

“More than two months after Donald Trump skipped a Republican debate to hold a fundraiser for veterans, the targeted beneficiaries are still seeing a fraction of the promised money raised from the Republican’s charitable foundation and his wealthy friends.

A survey by The Wall Street Journal of 19 of the 22 groups originally listed by Mr. Trump’s presidential campaign as the prospective recipients of the funds found that they had received roughly $2.4 million of the estimated $6 million in donations the campaign said the event generated. The total received by all of the groups is likely to be more.

One organization refused to disclose how much it received, another said it needed to submit more paperwork before a check would be forthcoming, and one didn’t respond to multiple inquiries.

All of the groups reported receiving checks from the Donald J. Trump Foundation or associates through the mail, and most arrived in late February in increments of $50,000 or $100,000. Three organizations reported getting smaller donations in March that averaged between $5,000 and $15,000.

“Mr. Trump has distributed many of the contributions to a number of worthy organizations, and will continue to do so,” said Hope Hicks, a campaign spokeswoman.

Ms. Hicks declined to break down how much the various groups had received to date or the total distributed from money raised at the Jan. 29 event.

A Trump Organization accountant didn’t respond to a request for comment………….

……….. One of two things needs to happen here:
1. Get the organizations all the money that was supposedly raised.
2. Trump should stop saying he "raised" $6 million when some of that is clearly not money his organization has in their possession or control over.
Either way, Trump's constant brag about the "$6 million" he raised for veterans’ groups is baloney.”
And once again proves himself to be a liar and cheat…………..
Now we know what he means when he says “……..and we are going to take care of our vets…….”
YEAH………….

“More than two months after Donald Trump skipped a Republican debate to hold a fundraiser for veterans, the targeted beneficiaries are still seeing a fraction of the promised money raised from the Republican’s charitable foundation and his wealthy friends.

A survey by The Wall Street Journal of 19 of the 22 groups originally listed by Mr. Trump’s presidential campaign as the prospective recipients of the funds found that they had received roughly $2.4 million of the estimated $6 million in donations the campaign said the event generated. The total received by all of the groups is likely to be more.

One organization refused to disclose how much it received, another said it needed to submit more paperwork before a check would be forthcoming, and one didn’t respond to multiple inquiries.

All of the groups reported receiving checks from the Donald J. Trump Foundation or associates through the mail, and most arrived in late February in increments of $50,000 or $100,000. Three organizations reported getting smaller donations in March that averaged between $5,000 and $15,000.

“Mr. Trump has distributed many of the contributions to a number of worthy organizations, and will continue to do so,” said Hope Hicks, a campaign spokeswoman.

Ms. Hicks declined to break down how much the various groups had received to date or the total distributed from money raised at the Jan. 29 event.

2. Trump should stop saying he "raised" $6 million when some of that is clearly not money his organization has in their possession or control over.
Either way, Trump's constant brag about the "$6 million" he raised for veterans’ groups is baloney.”
Now we know what he means when he says “……..and we are going to take care of our vets…….”
YEAH………….

$2.4M in two months sounds like money is being donated to me.

Since you seem so concerned about our vets, bust our your checkbook.

YEAH………….

Seems to me if he really cared he would have been helping long before he decided to run for president. This was nothing more than a political stunt. Time will tell how much of the six mil goes to vets.

$2.4M in two months sounds like money is being donated to me.

Since you seem so concerned about our vets, bust our your checkbook.

So where is the rest of the $6 million the dirt bag said he raised?

How can you possibly defend him? Are those the values you want your children to look up to and admire...........

If you can stand by and see nothing wrong.............. you are not any one I would ever be in the same room with...........

Seems to me if he really cared he would have been helping long before he decided to run for president. This was nothing more than a political stunt. Time will tell how much of the six mil goes to vets.

I assure you..............Not much more................ unless it becomes the subject for the MSM ...........and then he will blame it all on the incompetence of someone else.......

Let me see if I understand this. No one else is doing anything like this. So the criticism is that when Trump is already doing more than anyone else, he's required to do even more, because it isn't living up to his critics expectations, when those expectations for everyone else amounts to zero.

Seems legit.

YEAH………….

Do you actually think Trump counts and distributes the money ? :shock: Do you think the accounting and locating the proper agencies that distribute the money happens in a month or two ? :roll:

Do you actually think Trump counts and distributes the money ? :shock: Do you think the accounting and locating the proper agencies that distribute the money happens in a month or two ? :roll:

And your point is?

Or do you expect me to guess?

The point is that even if the charity steals all the money it is not Trump's fault..

How can you possibly defend him? Are those the values you want your children to look up to and admire...........

If you can stand by and see nothing wrong.............. you are not any one I would ever be in the same room with...........

I'm not defending him, actually no one can say he has stopped donating the money.
You..........might..........be..........getting..........the..........vapors..........for..........no..........reason..........!..........

YEAH………….

sooo.. ya still voting for Trump?.. or has that changed in the last 15 minutes?

in any event, Trump gave a sizable donation ( 250 grand) to a veteran advocacy group i'm very involved with... and we're very appreciative of the donation... its a lot of money we didn't have before.
no other candidate has given us 1 red cent...

I can, and will, defend him on this one..... he's the only candidate donating money to veterans advocacy groups..... no one else is.

that money was not disbursed immediately is not a concern....
I hope we get some of the money that left leaning veterans groups have( stupidly) refused to take from Trump
their loss, hopefully our gain.... we'll take money from anyone, regardless of politics.... there's no such thing as red money and blue money, it's all green and it all goes to very important missions.

sooo.. ya still voting for Trump?.. or has that changed in the last 15 minutes?

in any event, Trump gave a sizable donation ( 250 grand) to a veteran advocacy group i'm very involved with... and we're very appreciative of the donation... its a lot of money we didn't have before.
no other candidate has given us 1 red cent...

Still hoping Trump gets the nomination............no change here

I can, and will, defend him on this one..... he's the only candidate donating money to veterans advocacy groups..... no one else is.

that money was not disbursed immediately is not a concern....
I hope we get some of the money that left leaning veterans groups have( stupidly) refused to take from Trump
their loss, hopefully our gain.... we'll take money from anyone, regardless of politics.... there's no such thing as red money and blue money, it's all green and it all goes to very important missions.

Yes and it seems he is keeping $.5 million as a handling fee..............He sure is giving it to the vets............right up the keister.......

Still hoping Trump gets the nomination............no change here

ahh.. i see what you're doing....

my bad, when I asked who your choice was, i thought you would be honest and tell me who you wanted for President... I should have know better and asked a clearer question.

Yes and it seems he is keeping $.5 million as a handling fee..............He sure is giving it to the vets............right up the keister.......

if getting money they didn't have before is what you consider getting screwed, I sincerely hope Trump keeps screwing us.....hard.

Let me see if I understand this. No one else is doing anything like this. So the criticism is that when Trump is already doing more than anyone else, he's required to do even more, because it isn't living up to his critics expectations, when those expectations for everyone else amounts to zero. Seems legit.

OHHH PLAAAHEEEEZZZZEEEEE.... :doh

Trump has NEVER shown any deep appreciation for veterans until he needed cover for being caught in another lie about being against the Iraq war BEFORE troops went in. He needed a dodge to avoid a debate he later admits he should have attended... he doesn't seem to have much interest that his claims actually become fact and the money raised does get to the vets he suddenly loves...

crap onna cracker he is as real as a hooker's smile... :peace

The point is that even if the charity steals all the money it is not Trump's fault..

So the hot shot business man can be forgiven not vetting the charity team- how about his cabinet? he off the hook if his administration fails to carry through on policy or Presidential edicts???

It seems a sorry preview of how he would hold his people to their tasks... VA sucks??? Well it's not his fault- he doesn't run the VA... and he doesn't seem to concerned it isn't. :doh

I think we learned all we need to know from Trump University- the school defrauded students you say??? Well it's not Trump's fault.... :roll:

Point is he took credit then walked off unconcerned... :peace

ahh.. i see what you're doing....

my bad, when I asked who your choice was, i thought you would be honest and tell me who you wanted for President... I should have know better and asked a clearer question.

Who do you want for President? Since you've been so keen on bashing anyone who supports an attack on the establishment and elitism (like you have been campaigning tirelessly in regards to myself. I now realize you're not out to get me specifically, but you are clearly pushing an agenda, just calling you out for it).

OHHH PLAAAHEEEEZZZZEEEEE.... :doh

Trump has NEVER shown any deep appreciation for veterans until he needed cover for being caught in another lie about being against the Iraq war BEFORE troops went in. He needed a dodge to avoid a debate he later admits he should have attended... he doesn't seem to have much interest that his claims actually become fact and the money raised does get to the vets he suddenly loves...

crap onna cracker he is as real as a hooker's smile... :peace

I keep hearing actions count. By that measuring stick he is supports veterans more than any other candidate. I will not say it is not selfish motivation but isn't that exactly what everyone does? You aren't working for free or donating it all to charity are you?

I keep hearing actions count. By that measuring stick he is supports veterans more than any other candidate. I will not say it is not selfish motivation but isn't that exactly what everyone does? You aren't working for free or donating it all to charity are you?

NOOOO he USES veterans for his own self promotion- he gives a rat's rump about vets. Takes the photo op and walks away... puts his name on a school and walks away... if this is an example of his outstanding business savvy that he will use making 'better' trade deals we are up a creek... he put his name on the event and now 'it's not his fault???' :roll:

Who do you want for President? Since you've been so keen on bashing anyone who supports an attack on the establishment and elitism (like you have been campaigning tirelessly in regards to myself. I now realize you're not out to get me specifically, but you are clearly pushing an agenda, just calling you out for it).

my choice is Gary Johnson...

edit to add, I've promised a friend i'd vote for Bernie if he gets the nod.... he's not my choice for Prez whatsoever, but I understand my vote isn't going ot make or break anything, so why the hell not.

NOOOO he USES veterans for his own self promotion- he gives a rat's rump about vets. Takes the photo op and walks away... puts his name on a school and walks away... if this is an example of his outstanding business savvy that he will use making 'better' trade deals we are up a creek... he put his name on the event and now 'it's not his fault???' :roll:

I never said its not his fault. Thanks for that super distortion. I said he is currently doing more than anyone else because every other candidate is doing nothing.

My thoughts are some follow up is going to be needed on both sides, from the charities and from the Trump campaign.

RELATED

Donald Trump blows off Burlington bills - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-

Donald Trump blows off Burlington bills

“Last month, Donald Trump's campaign spent nearly $9.5 million on expenses. Yet the presidential candidate has continued to blow off the $8,500 he owes the city of Burlington. Now, the mayor tells WCAX News he's considering taking action against Trump.

"Well, I think he certainly can afford to pay it and I think he should," said Mayor Miro Weinberger, D-Burlington.

Weinberger is not happy Trump is blowing off Burlington. The presidential candidate owes the city thousands and the bills are 60 days past due.

"Eighty-five-hundred bucks is not nothing for the city of Burlington. We have not gotten responses to our outreach emails and phone calls," said Weinberger.

These bills stem from Trump's January visit. The Republican candidate spoke to a full house at the Flynn Theater. The rally attracted a throng of protesters and hundreds of supporters who could not fit inside the venue………..

…… incur some overtime to do so, and I think he should pay the overtime," said Weinberger.

In February, the city billed the Trump campaign-- $7,200 to cover the cost of staffing 32 police officers and another $1,260 to pay for four fire personnel and two rescue vehicles…………

……… We reached out to the Trump campaign several times to ask if they're disputing the charges or if they plan to pay. Our phone calls and emails had not yet been returned when this story was published.

Burlington's mayor says within two weeks he'll decide whether to take further action, but he declined to say what that action may be.”

At any and every opportunity Donald looks to not pay his bills………… I bet there are dozens of venues still waiting for “the check is in the mail….”

How do think he got so rich………. By screwing folks and stealing from others…………

my choice is Gary Johnson...

edit to add, I've promised a friend i'd vote for Bernie if he gets the nod.... he's not my choice for Prez whatsoever, but I understand my vote isn't going ot make or break anything, so why the hell not.

You do realize he isn't an incrementalist, unlike yourself...
Part of the right-wing screwing this country over...

Back
Top Bottom