• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Outrageous political ads

BCR

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
Here are a couple I see frequently in Alabama.

The first one truly bothers me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJG-7s1e5eMr

Really? I can't believe one would use the fact that someone believes in evolution as a negative thing. Sad thing is Bryne came out and said that it is not true and he believes everything in the bible is true :doh.

YouTube - Dale Peterson for Ag Commish: Quite possibly the best political ad ever.

This one isn't outrageous as in stepping on peoples toes but it is just plane nutty, Why must he bring out the rifle?

Really? I can't believe one would use the fact that someone believes in evolution as a negative thing. Sad thing is Bryne came out and said that it is not true and he believes everything in the bible is true :doh.

YouTube - Dale Peterson for Ag Commish: Quite possibly the best political ad ever.

This one isn't outrageous as in stepping on peoples toes but it is just plane nutty, Why must he bring out the rifle?

Bah. These politicians are mere girly-men and limp-wristed liberal pansies. Their Right-Wing Kung-fu is weak. I laugh at their alleged extremism, muwahahahaha. :mrgreen:

PaiMeiLarge.jpg

Last edited:
GAH! History fail! The colonists did NOT revolt over a TEA TAX!

Aside from the whole "lets revolt" thing, spooky

I was interested in him telling us that the IRS can levy new taxes without representation. The revolt thing was spooky, but I think just poorly worded. And yes, my actual first thought watching it was the fact that it was not a revolt over a tea tax. Our founding fathers where not quite so petty.

Isn't it kind of scary how these guys manage to get so close to being elected.

I was interested in him telling us that the IRS can levy new taxes without representation. The revolt thing was spooky, but I think just poorly worded. And yes, my actual first thought watching it was the fact that it was not a revolt over a tea tax. Our founding fathers where not quite so petty.
Actually...erm...they...kinda were. The tea tax that caused the Boston Tea Party actually pushed DOWN the cost of tea in the colonies.

Nothing will ever top this ad from Carla Fiorina in California

I'm so thankful that the ad campaign culture in Canada is still very low key compared to some of the stuff I've seen come out of the U.S. It's bound to change though, I am almost sure.

Our founding fathers wouldn't stand for this taxation without representation!
Vote for me, and I'll stop it!

I was also wondering... how does one spy on oneself?

I was also wondering... how does one spy on oneself?

Judging by the guy in the commercial who was talking to people who have been dead for two hundred years, I'd say paranoid schizophrenia.

Back
Top Bottom