• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Outrage..........really??

Oceandan

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Of course last night we learned the verdict in the George Zimmerman case. For the most part, across the country the verdict was accepted. Twitter lit up, not unexpectedly. Here's a sample

Celebs Go Wild on Twitter

While it's not surprising a rash of "celebrities", many of whom probably never spent a millisecond of their time watching the actual trial, but instead remember the picture of a 12 y.o. TM, the nbc EDITED 911 call, and the abc video purported GZ had no injuries, expressed their outrage, I have a question for them. I actually have a question for all of us, including myself. Are our actions, collectively, advancing or setting back race relations in America?

In a span of eight days, in ONE city of our nation...........

Victims

July 10 – Marlon Young, a 39 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Auburn Gresham.
> Read more about this homicide.
July 8 – Ed Cooper, a 15 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Humboldt Park.
July 8 – Georgina Randell, a 30 year old black female, caused by a gunshot in North Lawndale.
July 8 – Marquise Chandler, a 20 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in West Garfield Park.
July 7 – Ramone Godfrey, a 19 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in New City.
July 6 – Patricia Martin, a 40 year old black female, caused by a assault in Roseland.
July 6 – Jerimiah Milsap, a 24 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Near West Side.
July 6 – Terry Patterson, a 48 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in East Garfield Park.
July 5 – Elliott Frazier, a 26 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Rogers Park.
July 5 – Aurelia Wilborn, a 64 year old unknown female, caused by a stabbing in Roseland.
July 4 – Shavonte Howard, a 20 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Gage Park.
July 4 – Marlon Obanner, a 31 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in West Englewood.
July 4 – Steve Mabins, a 21 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in East Garfield Park.
July 4 – Theodis Young, a 36 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Greater Grand Crossing.
July 3 – Ernest McMullen, a 26 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Woodlawn.
July 3 – Rayford Brown, a 24 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in South Shore.
July 3 – William Jones, a 26 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Auburn Gresham.
July 3 – Damani Henard, a 14 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Austin.
July 2 – Ashley Hardmon, a 19 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Austin.
July 2 – Terrence Graves, a 23 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Washington Heights.

Tracking homicides in Chicago - Tracking homicides in Chicago | RedeyeChicago.com

How many "million hoodie" marches have al sharpton and jesse jackson led in Chicago? How many press conferences has ben crump led in Chicago? How many of these cases has POTUS said, "if I had a son...."? How many of the celebs who were tweeting outrage last night, have tweeted about these?

Since February 26th, 2012, the night of the GZ/TM incident, there have been well over 600 killings in Chicago, many involving young people.

Have they made the news? Have the pictures when the victims were twelve years old been shown on TV? Has their been an outrage on social media because no one has been held accountable in many of these cases? Do we have melissa-harris perry saying, as she did last night on cnn, this verdict means it's ok to kill innocent black children?

The media and racially charged Americans arbitrarily picked the Zimmerman case to make a big deal out of. They don't even think twice about the other shootings that happen every single day.

This was never about violence. It's always been about "If you attack someone, you better make damn sure he's the same color as you".

Just got a phone call from a friend:

The turd-like newspaper New York Times, the quotidian Bible of the Black Racist Enabling DEM Gay/Lib scum had this on their Front Page:

A crowd of the Teen age Thug Trayvon Martin Female Sympathizers cuddling their infants in their arms purportedly showing the extent the emotional anguish these idiots are going thru with bemoaning the just verdict of Z's NOT GUILTY verdict !!!

I puked when I heard that........and, I am still puking.

I wonder how many times, if ever, these same idiots turned out in the streets cuddling their babes in their ams to bemoan the MONTHLY THOUSANDS of the TEEN AGE Black/Black, and Black/Non Black crimes across the Nation ?!?!?

I really hope you aren' going to spam this on every Zimmerman thread; what a waste.

As for the OP great post. The left and its lame stream media ignore the obvious and people think what George Zimmerman did was wrong just because of the hype it got. I think that's lame and stupid. The man should have never been tried in the first place.

The turd-like newspaper New York Times, the quotidian Bible of the Black Racist Enabling DEM Gay/Lib scum had this on their Front Page:

A crowd of the Teen age Thug Trayvon Martin Female Sympathizers cuddling their infants in their arms purportedly showing the extent the emotional anguish these idiots are going thru with bemoaning the just verdict of Z's NOT GUILTY verdict !!!

I wonder how many times, if ever, these same idiots turned out in the streets cuddling their babes in their ams to bemoan the MONTHLY THOUSANDS of the TEEN AGE Black/Black, and Black/Non Black crimes across the Nation ?!?!?

That is a racist remark.

I think I've seen this same post on about 10 different threads. How about something new??

Yep, not a word about Chicago from these fine upstanding Americans...

Wow....

Every single one of those celebrities are a bunch of ****ing morons.

Clearly, their big hot shot celebrity lifestyle kept them from keeping up with the actual evidence in the case....... just flapping their fat ass gums for the sake of flapping their gums.

What a bunch of morons.

Yep, not a word about Chicago from these fine upstanding Americans...

Those "words" are from people who have either been misinformed by the media or friends, or have chosen to be misinformed, like Al Sharpton... Here, I'll show you what I mean:

Ice Cube
The Trayvon Martin verdict doesn't surprise me. Stanford, FL never wanted Zimmerman arrested. Now he's free to kill another child.
7:37 PM - 13 Jul 2013

They didn't have any evidence to charge him with anything, so they didn't... Until the race baiters forced them too. And Zimmerman killed a 17 year old boy who physically attacked him, not a child.

Miley Ray Cyrus
[No justice. No peace.
8:10 PM - 13 Jul 2013

Well you're half right... There's no peace, but justice was served.

Nicki Minaj
What are your thoughts? @BarackObama We're allowed to disregard 911 operators, pursue and kill ppl now?

A 911 operator's instructions are not legal commands, Zimmerman did not "pursue" Martin and yes you can kill someone if they attack you, refuse to stop the attack and you fear death or great bodily harm so deadly force is justified according to Florida's self defense laws.

BILL BELLAMY
The Verdict is unacceptable. When a Child's Life is not Valuable to us as a Society we have an even Deeper problem.
8:00 PM - 13 Jul 2013

Coming to a verdict based on the evidence, testimony and the law is absolutely acceptable... A child's life is always valuable, but so is the life of an innocent man who committed no crime, and was brutally attacked, beaten, and forced to use deadly force to defend himself.

Michael Pena
George Zimmerman is responsible for a death that could have been prevented. Following someone with a gun then killing them.
7:47 PM - 13 Jul 2013

Yes, it could have been prevented if Martin had just continued back to his home instead of attacking Zimmerman, refusing to stop beating him, and forcing him to use deadly force to defend himself.... You left out the part about being attacked and in order to defend himself, having to kill them.

Ellen Page
If u really believe racism isnt a massive problem, that the oppression of minorities is not a horrific and systemic issue. U R in denial.
8:48 PM - 13 Jul 2013

That may be true, but this case had absolutely nothing to do with racism or the oppression of minorities.

Lena Dunham
No. My heart is with Sybrina Fulton, Rachel Jeantel, everyone who loved Trayvon and has been sent the message that his life didn't matter.
7:14 PM - 13 Jul 2013

The message that came from that verdict wasn't "Trayvon's life didn't matter"... What it said was "George Zimmerman's life matters" and we are not going to send a man to prison and take away his freedom for legally defending himself.

SHAQ
George Zimmerman not guilty can u believe that. Wow
7:03 PM - 13 Jul 2013

Yes I can, because I watched the trial.

Lil' Kim
#riptrayvonmartin Very sad. I just heard about the verdict. We need justice.
8:06 PM - 13 Jul 2013

Obviously you were misinformed... Justice was served and the man who legally defended himself from a brutal attack, wasn't sent to prison... So turn that frown, upside down.

mia farrow
An armed vigilante decides a boy "looks suspicious", so he hunts him down and shoots him in the heart #notguilty??
7:17 PM - 13 Jul 2013

There was no vigilante in this case, just a man who was attacked and forced to use deadly force to defend himself... And when he decided that a boy looked suspicious, he didn't hunt him down and shoot him, he called the police department... The shooting part came after the boy physically attacked Mr. Zimmerman.

See what I mean? These people are simply misinformed... That all.

Last edited:
The hate and ignorance posted on these pages is tragic. Check yourselves people.

The hate and ignorance posted on these pages is tragic. Check yourselves people.

The hate and ignorance is posted by those "celebrities" who don't know **** about anything. Using the platform that they have, to keep their followers grossly misinformed and disingenuously ignorant.

Oops.........

Yup... That's why I thought it was important to post the facts and straighten folks out.

Only to those with enough common sense to understand......

The hate and ignorance is posted by those "celebrities" who don't know **** about anything. Using the platform that they have, to keep their followers grossly misinformed and disingenuously ignorant.

First of all these are celebrities, you do not KNOW them; despite your obvious gift for making sweeping generalizations.

Only to those with enough common sense to understand......

Again with you insults...please, don't you have a little more intellectual muscle then that.

Yup... That's why I thought it was important to post the facts and straighten folks out.

Your facts are not facts at all. The only facts in this case are that

Trayvon was walking through a gated community
There was a fight
Zimmeran shot Martin when Martin was on top of him

The rest of your "facts" are really just conjecture on your part. You failed in your effort to "straighten people out".

For the record, what the jury did was make a decision of not guilty, they did not make a decision that he was innocent.

Those "words" are from people who have either been misinformed by the media or friends, or have chosen to be misinformed, like Al Sharpton... Here, I'll show you what I mean:

Ice Cube
The Trayvon Martin verdict doesn't surprise me. Stanford, FL never wanted Zimmerman arrested. Now he's free to kill another child.
7:37 PM - 13 Jul 2013

They didn't have any evidence to charge him with anything, so they didn't... Until the race baiters forced them too. And Zimmerman killed a 17 year old boy who physically attacked him, not a child.

Miley Ray Cyrus
[No justice. No peace.
8:10 PM - 13 Jul 2013

Well you're half right... There's no peace, but justice was served.

Nicki Minaj
What are your thoughts? @BarackObama We're allowed to disregard 911 operators, pursue and kill ppl now?

A 911 operator's instructions are not legal commands, Zimmerman did not "pursue" Martin and yes you can kill someone if they attack you, refuse to stop the attack and you fear death or great bodily harm so deadly force is justified according to Florida's self defense laws.

BILL BELLAMY
The Verdict is unacceptable. When a Child's Life is not Valuable to us as a Society we have an even Deeper problem.
8:00 PM - 13 Jul 2013

Coming to a verdict based on the evidence, testimony and the law is absolutely acceptable... A child's life is always valuable, but so is the life of an innocent man who committed no crime, and was brutally attacked, beaten, and forced to use deadly force to defend himself.

Michael Pena
George Zimmerman is responsible for a death that could have been prevented. Following someone with a gun then killing them.
7:47 PM - 13 Jul 2013

Yes, it could have been prevented if Martin had just continued back to his home instead of attacking Zimmerman, refusing to stop beating him, and forcing him to use deadly force to defend himself.... You left out the part about being attacked and in order to defend himself, having to kill them.

Ellen Page
If u really believe racism isnt a massive problem, that the oppression of minorities is not a horrific and systemic issue. U R in denial.
8:48 PM - 13 Jul 2013

That may be true, but this case had absolutely nothing to do with racism or the oppression of minorities.

Lena Dunham
No. My heart is with Sybrina Fulton, Rachel Jeantel, everyone who loved Trayvon and has been sent the message that his life didn't matter.
7:14 PM - 13 Jul 2013

The message that came from that verdict wasn't "Trayvon's life didn't matter"... What it said was "George Zimmerman's life matters" and we are not going to send a man to prison and take away his freedom for legally defending himself.

SHAQ
George Zimmerman not guilty can u believe that. Wow
7:03 PM - 13 Jul 2013

Yes I can, because I watched the trial.

Lil' Kim
#riptrayvonmartin Very sad. I just heard about the verdict. We need justice.
8:06 PM - 13 Jul 2013

Obviously you were misinformed... Justice was served and the man who legally defended himself from a brutal attack, wasn't sent to prison... So turn that frown, upside down.

mia farrow
An armed vigilante decides a boy "looks suspicious", so he hunts him down and shoots him in the heart #notguilty??
7:17 PM - 13 Jul 2013

There was no vigilante in this case, just a man who was attacked and forced to use deadly force to defend himself... And when he decided that a boy looked suspicious, he didn't hunt him down and shoot him, he called the police department... The shooting part came after the boy physically attacked Mr. Zimmerman.

See what I mean? These people are simply misinformed... That all.

These people are "celebrities" because you all made them celebrities. Stop supporting their music and films and see what they are then.

Your facts are not facts at all. The only facts in this case are that

Trayvon was walking through a gated community
There was a fight
Zimmeran shot Martin when Martin was on top of him

The rest of your "facts" are really just conjecture on your part. You failed in your effort to "straighten people out".

For the record, what the jury did was make a decision of not guilty, they did not make a decision that he was innocent.

Zimmerman's legal presumption of innocence remains intact with the not guilty verdict.

You can spin it any way that you want, but he is a free man, and should be.

I suggest that you look at the evidence honestly and with out any bias.

Six jurors were able to do just that.

These people are "celebrities" because you all made them celebrities. Stop supporting their music and films and see what they are then.

If you think I have ever supported rap music you don't know me.

Zimmerman's legal presumption of innocence remains intact with the not guilty verdict.

You can spin it any way that you want, but he is a free man, and should be.

I suggest that you look at the evidence honestly and with out any bias.

Six jurors were able to do just that.

I did look at the evidence. And No....a not guilty verdict does not mean you are innocent. A not guilty verdict could have been reached for a variety of reasons. One of those could be that, despite the evidence, a reasonable doubt remained as to his guilt. You do not know WHY they arrived at that verdict. Until each juror speaks and states that they arrived and their verdict because they believed him innocent you can not make that claim.

Separate fact from conjecture.

I did look at the evidence. And No....a not guilty verdict does not mean you are innocent. A not guilty verdict could have been reached for a variety of reasons. One of those could be that, despite the evidence, a reasonable doubt remained as to his guilt. You do not know WHY they arrived at that verdict. Until each juror speaks and states that they arrived and their verdict because they believed him innocent you can not make that claim.

Separate fact from conjecture.

Ok here's a challenge. Using just the facts of the case, show how GZ committed a crime.

Ok here's a challenge. Using just the facts of the case, show how GZ committed a crime.

I never challenged the verdict or said that Zimmerman committed a crime. I said that you can not leap to "he is innocent" because of the verdict. Again, you make assumptions and read into the post things that are not there.

There was an article today about the verdict and the "white murders black" issue... and the article didn't even mention that GZ is actually Latino, which is not considered "white" in the sense of "Caucasian of European ancestry" in the usual course of events... I suppose because that does not fit the script the race-baiters have decided to impose on this case.

Back
Top Bottom