• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Outrage..........really??

I never challenged the verdict or said that Zimmerman committed a crime. I said that you can not leap to "he is innocent" because of the verdict. Again, you make assumptions and read into the post things that are not there.

LOLOL omg, seriously??? HOW on God's green earth is he NOT innocent if he didn't commit a crime??????????

This should be good. I'll wait for it. I don't know what galaxy you're from but here on earth. if you haven't committed a crime, YOU ARE INNOCENT.

LOLOL omg, seriously??? HOW on God's green earth is he NOT innocent if he didn't commit a crime??????????

This should be good. I'll wait for it. I don't know what galaxy you're from but here on earth. if you haven't committed a crime, YOU ARE INNOCENT.

The term "innocent" can imply a level of MORAL responsibility......

Which there is a much greater argument to be made that George had a level of MORAL responsibility, even if no CRIMINAL one.

The hate and ignorance posted on these pages is tragic. Check yourselves people.

They are just reposting twitter feeds, calm down. And yes, there's quite a lot of hate and ignorance on twitter and among those who wanted Zimmerman to be guilty so badly.

Yep, not a word about Chicago from these fine upstanding Americans...

Celebs Go Wild on Twitter
I am tempted to start a twitter account to just tell those celebs to learn the evidence and shut the **** up.

Ignorance is what is the problem here. In this forum and in the nation. And the Press just reenforces it with their false reporting.

The two tweets I fond to be funny were the following.

marlon wayans @MARLONLWAYANS
If y'all do riot please grab me some Rick Owens sneakers and a Givenchy Nap sack. Thank u

AKON @Akon
Every African American in the United States need to move their money, family, knowledge back to Africa…

I never challenged the verdict or said that Zimmerman committed a crime. I said that you can not leap to "he is innocent" because of the verdict. Again, you make assumptions and read into the post things that are not there.

are you not innocent till proven guilty and was he found not guilty there for he never lost his innocence that is one of our corner stones in our justice system and if you don't like it then you can move to a country where you are guilty till proven innocent which seams to be the system you would rather have

Absolutely wrong, at least by our system of law. Zimmerman started out the trial innocent and only would have been guilty had the jury found that by the preponderance of evidence. That why we find people "not guilty" rather than "innocent", because that's they are innocent already until proven guilty.

There was an article today about the verdict and the "white murders black" issue... and the article didn't even mention that GZ is actually Latino, which is not considered "white" in the sense of "Caucasian of European ancestry" in the usual course of events... I suppose because that does not fit the script the race-baiters have decided to impose on this case.

I think this is the aspect most appalling to me. Not only did the "race baiters" have to gin up the issue, they had to create new terms to satisfy the narrative. TBH, was a real eye opener. I mean after this, is there no limit to how far they go?????

If you think I have ever supported rap music you don't know me.

I dont know you. And am not referring to you specifically.
Back in the day people like Marlon Brando and Paul Newman were some of the greatest actors of their time.
But they were also very liberal. But they knew the dividing line between their trade and their world view and people respected them for it.
Now today, I couldnt care less about what Ice Cube has to say or think. Or Shaq for that matter.

Laughter...very mature.

A verdict of not guilty is based on the fact that reasonable doubt remained as to his guilt. Not guilty does not equate to innocent. It simply means that we don't have enough evidence to support these charges, to eliminate all reasonable doubt. Just because there was not enough evidence to convict him does not mean he did not commit a crime. It means it can not be proven. In the eyes of the law he is not guilty whether he is in fact guilty we will never know.

Examples...do you think Casey Anthony or OJ were innocent. They were found not guilty. The system is set up, thank goodness, to protect innocent people from being thrown in prison but guilty people fall through the cracks.

I am not saying Z is guilty and should go to prison I am saying that, really, no one knows and you can not assume that this is a just verdict. You can only be assured that the law was followed.

Last edited:
are you not innocent till proven guilty and was he found not guilty there for he never lost his innocence that is one of our corner stones in our justice system and if you don't like it then you can move to a country where you are guilty till proven innocent which seams to be the system you would rather have

Innocent under the law and innocent are separate issues. There are many instances of guilty people receiving a not guilty verdict.

They are just reposting twitter feeds, calm down. And yes, there's quite a lot of hate and ignorance on twitter and among those who wanted Zimmerman to be guilty so badly.

I am not commenting on the reposted twitter feeds. I am referring to the comments of some of the people who posts THEIR thoughts about the feeds.

Innocent under the law and innocent are separate issues. There are many instances of guilty people receiving a not guilty verdict.

You're mixing semantics. Using legal semantics that last statement is untrue for under that milieu they were never guilty in the first place. Flat out, Zimmerman is innocent. Yes, legally speaking, but that what's at issue here.

I am not commenting on the reposted twitter feeds. I am referring to the comments of some of the people who posts THEIR thoughts about the feeds.

That's what I thought, but I also thought to give you the benefit of the doubt, that you might not be displaying your own hate and ignorance for all to see. But here you confirm that you were.

Where is the hate in this thread? Please point it out....

That's what I thought, but I also thought to give you the benefit of the doubt, that you might not be displaying your own hate and ignorance for all to see. But here you confirm that you were.

How exactly am I displaying hate and ignorance. Because I chose to comment directly to some individuals here that are being hateful does not mean I would not also condemn hatefulness in the twitter feeds. Again, that's an assumption. Again, that's you assuming that you know what I think or feel. You don't know unless I tell you. You are welcome to ask, but to assume is a mistake. We all do it, but don't stay married to it when you are corrected.

Where is the hate in this thread? Please point it out....

Would you see it even if it were pointed out to you? You can not deny it's presence. We may feel differently about what qualifies as hateful in this particular thread but you can not deny it is rampant in threads on this site regarding this case.

Would you see it even if it were pointed out to you? You can not deny it's presence. We may feel differently about what qualifies as hateful in this particular thread but you can not deny it is rampant in threads on this site regarding this case.

You are backtracking.

I asked for you to point out what you believed was hate in this thread. You failed to do that.

Why not go with (and I know I'm reaching here) the jurors found him not guilty and what happened that night is between Zimmerman and God?

He (as with the rest of us) will be judged. Take solace in that.

I dont know you. And am not referring to you specifically.
Back in the day people like Marlon Brando and Paul Newman were some of the greatest actors of their time.
But they were also very liberal. But they knew the dividing line between their trade and their world view and people respected them for it.
Now today, I couldnt care less about what Ice Cube has to say or think. Or Shaq for that matter.

Shaq, at least, is supposedly trained in law enforcement. He should know better.

Your facts are not facts at all. The only facts in this case are that

Trayvon was walking through a gated community
There was a fight
Zimmeran shot Martin when Martin was on top of him

The rest of your "facts" are really just conjecture on your part. You failed in your effort to "straighten people out".

For the record, what the jury did was make a decision of not guilty, they did not make a decision that he was innocent.

it means he is NOT guilty
get over it

Shaq, at least, is supposedly trained in law enforcement. He should know better.

Shaq's comment wasn't EXACTLY clear whether he went one way or the other.

His comment only shows surprise......

I have to give Shaq the benefit of the doubt... at least on the comment shown from your earlier link.

Shaq's comment wasn't EXACTLY clear whether he went one way or the other.

His comment only shows surprise......

I have to give Shaq the benefit of the doubt... at least on the comment shown from your earlier link.

It's almost like, "I'm Black (or think I am or I have Black friends), I have a Twitter account, so I should say something stupid, ignorant, or hateful because I can."

It's almost like, "I'm Black (or think I am or I have Black friends), I have a Twitter account, so I should say something stupid, ignorant, or hateful because I can."

Im confused on how this applies to Shaq's comment.

He said "George Zimmerman Not Guilty? Wow"

It was neither stupid, hateful, or ignorant.

Back
Top Bottom