• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Outrage over ruling that mom who strangled daughter won’t be jailed

texmaster

Hippie Hater
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
A Calgary mother won’t spend a day in jail for killing her teenage daughter with a head scarf — a decision that has prompted outrage.

A national victims’ group, based in Toronto, is stunned by the suspended sentence given to Aset Magomadova by Court of Queen’s Bench Justice Sal LoVecchio on Thursday.

“I really strongly disagree. It sends a massively huge message to the rest of the country and the world that her daughter’s life was valueless,” said Joe Wamback, co-founder and chairman of the Canadian Crime Victims Foundation..

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Outrage+over+ruling+that+strangled+daughter+jailed/3284086/story.html

So you can kill your kid if she's a "handful" :roll:

What idiots would ignore a report from the medical examiner that it took 2.5 minutes of consistent strangling to kill this girl and the fact her prints weren't even on the knife this sorry excuse for a mother claimed she had in her hand!

Last edited by a moderator:
Who cares. Oh wait shes Muslim no wonder its making news.

Who cares she killed her kid and got away with it?

Who cares she killed her kid and got away with it?

From the article:

The Crown appealed the conviction long ago and is almost certain to take the sentence to the Alberta Court of Appeal, but Vomberg said he could not comment about such a possible situation at this time.

Apparently the government does.

Do you Americans have to bring religion into everything? I thought you where better than the Europeans but obviously not.

She strangled her damn daughter and got away with it.

As if you would have posted this if it were anyone but a Muslim.

He did not even mention that in his opening statement.

You might be correct, however I'd rather avoid bringing up that subject all together if he didn't...

Might I remind everyone, that regardless of race, creed or religion. A mother murdered her daughter. I don't care if it was religious, plenty of mothers kill their children that are of every religion. For every ****ed up reason imaginable.

Last edited:
Do you Americans have to bring religion into everything? I thought you where better than the Europeans but obviously not.

Most of us don't.

Sounds like she needs to be stabbed in the no-no spot with a bayonet dipped in bacon grease.

Was Andrea Yates a muslim? I would think any mother murdering her children would make the news regardless of religion.

Last edited:

Where did I even say Muslim?

Thanks for basing this off nothing more than you opinion and far left lunacy. This is me shocked.

Last edited:

Its a Canadian article :roll:

You do know Canada and the US are separate countries right?

He did not even mention that in his opening statement.

You might be correct, however I'd rather avoid bringing up that subject all together if he didn't...

Might I remind everyone, that regardless of race, creed or religion. A mother murdered her daughter. I don't care if it was religious, plenty of mothers kill their children that are of every religion. For every ****ed up reason imaginable.

Amen to that Jet

Wasn't it obvious? Im not attacking you, calm down.

I'm very calm. And no when you quote no one its not obvious.

Why are you so against being thorough?

You're not Danarhea in disguise are you? Just notice the similarity in names. BTW, the Muslim needs to hang for murder.

I see, so because a minority murdered someone, it should be overlooked? Nice logic.

As if you wouldn't be attacking the OP if this wasn't an honour killing which for some sick reason you feel compelled to defend. I think you just hate women.

Standard conservative absolutism. Nowhere did I defend the killing. As for "hating women," I think you're projecting.

I see, so because a minority murdered someone, it should be overlooked? Nice logic.

No, I'm saying the OP takes every possible opportunity to attack Islam, even threads that aren't about Muslims he'll bring them into it.

No, I'm saying the OP takes every possible opportunity to attack Islam, even threads that aren't about Muslims he'll bring them into it.

Tex did not mention Muslim nor Islam. .. I also did not, but you just did

Wait...you are talking about Islam, the same Islam that is down with stoning women because they did something the rest of the world would find normal or acceptable, the same Islam that finds "honor" killing and marrying children to grown men acceptable.

Is that what you want to talk about?

Back
Top Bottom