• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Outrage in Stanford Rape Case Over Light Sentence for Attacker and Statement [W:377]

Re: Outrage in Stanford Rape Case Over Light Sentence for Attacker and Statement by H

mmmm, I just had a thought, if he had raped the woman in Florida could he have shot the grad students who came to her aid?

You betcha! And then sell the pistol for a small fortune. :doh:roll:

Re: Outrage in Stanford Rape Case Over Light Sentence for Attacker and Statement by H

And since he lied to produce the material in that report which impacted his sentence - is there not some legal recourse to bust this asshole down to his proper size?

I think he can only be recalled for a sentence increase before he starts serving his current sentence. Otherwise it's up to the general public to make his life a misery once he's out.

Can you- he was found guilty os sexual assault- from what I recall, 3 felonies.
You appear to be blaming the victim??
I do not need to.
It is what he got.
If you say he deserved more it is on you to show that he did, which you can not do because you do not have all the information the Department had when recommending the sentence they did.

On the contrary - you're the expert here. Since you were an eye witness and have all the facts I think everybody - including the jury, the Prosecutor, and the victim should all bow to your superior knowledge on what happened. Or were you just engaging in bizarre 'defend the rapist' drivel?
You are being asinine and evidently are not paying attention to anything which has been said.

Try reading for once and not assuming.

Still, it was the Prole Departments Recommendation.
They recommended that six months for a reason, and they have far more information about this case than either of us do.

If anything it should tell you that you do not have enough information to make any judgements about this case.

The defense needed to call Excon as a witness. He has the entire story and apparently saw the whole thing. Just ask him.
Oh look. Wiggen is again engaged in uncalled-for asininity.

Because the judge was concerned for his "future athletic career" That's disgusting.
Apparently you missed the part that that was the Recommended sentence by the Department which recommends the sentences.

I do not need to.
It is what he got.
If you say he deserved more it is on you to show that he did, which you can not do because you do not have all the information the Department had when recommending the sentence they did.

Your post

You have said absolutely nothing of import. Try again.

Apparently you also don't get it.
His crime, if he actually committed a crime, is "Officially" downplayed by the fact of his sentence being so lenient.

There is a reason it is so lenient, can you establish why?

Tell us the reason?
Then you state, if he officially committed a crime. Was he not found guilty? Can you explain that to the great unwashed??

This should help you see the light.

apparently that is beyond some people's comprehension

heroes they will never be like the two guys who saved her...apparently there are those here who would not have saved her and made her drink the tea

This kid's face is all over FB and people are angry

there's still some hope for humanity :thumbs:

This kid's face is all over FB and people are angry

there's still some hope for humanity :thumbs:

Indeed, just saw it.
The father, now he is a real piece of work.

Indeed, just saw it.
The father, now he is a real piece of work.

Guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

I think he can only be recalled for a sentence increase before he starts serving his current sentence. Otherwise it's up to the general public to make his life a misery once he's out.

It's hilarious to see Liberals going ape **** over this case. I wonder what the outrage is really about.

Your post

Tell us the reason?
Then you state, if he officially committed a crime. Was he not found guilty? Can you explain that to the great unwashed??
Oy vey!

Have you yet established that he deserves more time than recieved?
No you have not.

And yet the most extreme leftists say there's no need for mandatory minimum sentencing, takes too much power from the judges they say.

it does, and we shouldn't have them. One whole, judges are meant to judge and assess and handout appropriate punishment. There are cases where people get off light, there are cases when people are too heavily punished, but if we are to make mandatory punishments, then you really don't need the judge in the first place.

It's hilarious to see Liberals going ape **** over this case. I wonder what the outrage is really about.

The outrage is really about a rapist who received an abnormally lenient sentence because the judge was more concerned about the future prospects of the rapist than meting out justice and downplayed the risk to the general public posed by allowing this human refuse to roam free after 6 months.

I think that may take many years to explain.
And we all have lives.
What is it that your disagree with?

Oy vey!

Have you yet established that he deserves more time than recieved?
No you have not.
Have you explained your posts.
nope- Getting used to that.

because a girl's rape has to be all about the political?

my god, give it up for a moment and be human

Guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

What a creature. Now I wonder how well his social circle - employer - co-workers will look upon his statements.
I smell a touch of pariah coming on.

The outrage is really about a rapist who received an abnormally lenient sentence because the judge was more concerned about the future prospects of the rapist than meting out justice and downplayed the risk to the general public posed by allowing this human refuse to roam free after 6 months.

This has happened several times in recent years. Why is this case a big deal?

there is going to be justice one way or another
While there are cases where a Sex offender status should not be imposed. This one clearly is appropriate.
Now I wonder has the DA plans to appeal the sentence?
Edit- checked and no news - but support for the victim. What a weenie=

Up for election in 2018.
Do not think he will get many woman's votes.
Or those with daughters.

Last edited:

there is going to be justice one way or another

The sentence is insufficient, but he will be a registered sex offender for life so he'll continue to pay the price of that stigma for many years to come.

because a girl's rape has to be all about the political?

my god, give it up for a moment and be human

It's a political forum.

This has happened several times in recent years. Why is this case a big deal?

The Stuebenville case was also a big deal. What other cases are you referring to?

Yeah...no good spin on this. Cant attribute it to a plea deal. With any luck he will get a little something tacked on while he is in jail.

Back
Top Bottom