• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Outrage as Newt Gingrich says Capitol attack investigators could be jailed

This is just more of what I'm talking about. This is how you folks will publicly justify your actions. "They were assaulting our rights and had to be stopped!!"
That's a hoot coming from the party who will justify anything with stupid "they're going to destroy our democracy!" arguments.

And exactly what the parties have done going back decades at this point. Likely since Clinton (Mr.)

No different now. Or the near future.

This isn't surprising to me, why is it to you?
Ok great, you agree it's invalid.

"if Republicans take Congress in November, “this is all going to come crashing down … they’re the ones who in fact, I think, face a real risk of jail for the kinds of laws they’re breaking”.

I don't see him saying anything that you just wrote about. If they are breaking laws, then yes they need to be jailed.
If they take the Congress they will probably drop all investigations that could indite and send any Republican or Trump supporter to jail and start up a bunch of new investigations into any and all Dems they think even spit on the side walk and try to send them to jail.
They are not interested in finding out the truth they are all for promoting the Party at any cost Screw the American people and the Country the Republican Party comes first
Have a nice day

Ok great, you agree it's invalid.
Sometimes it is. The witch hunts designed purely to find something, ANYTHING that they can get to stick to further the power towards the party they wish it.
Clinton, Bush, Clinton, Trump.

Yes, they all do it.

If they take the Congress they will probably drop all investigations that could indite and send any Republican or Trump supporter to jail and start up a bunch of new investigations into any and all Dems they think even spit on the side walk and try to send them to jail.
They are not interested in finding out the truth they are all for promoting the Party at any cost Screw the American people and the Country the Republican Party comes first
Have a nice day
You are right, they likely will. And the THEY are also the YOU.

When does it end?

And you just can't see that those protests were weaponized.

BLM is not an organization of poor marginalized people wanting thier voices to be heard. It's a university bred, political party activist group funded by corporate America and the democrat party. Those riots were not just allowed to happen, but they were endorsed, funded and organized by democrat party operatives and made to happen.

Kamala Harris and Joe Biden lied intentionally to create violence and chaos as well. They literally brought an attack upon an American town by the worst people in society. Then lied about the violence they caused.

It's the goddamn ignorance and double standards of liberals that makes me truly sick.

All the bitching and pissing and moaning on here all day, every day about the "bad orange man". He didn't do shit joe Biden hasn't done.

Joe Biden is just as big of a piece of shit as Donald Trump ever was. And the democrat party is every bit as conniving, and corrupt as any other in the world.

But liberals can lie to themselves so easily and convince themselves that's not the case.

All media is propoganda now.

Your entire belief set here is based on a foundation of democrat party propoganda with almost no common sense mixed in. And you want to talk about me?
I hope you feel better after that.

Your angst gives me joy!

Would you rather be punched for an unjust cause or murdered for one people think is just?

Btw...police misbehavior is a real thing like any other profession that has misbehavior. They are all composed of people and people make mistakes. The main difference is that most of the complaints against the police are from people who sit behind a computer screen, and aren't there on the streets being put at risk.
That might be because it’s really hard to file a complaint against a cop.

I have zero clue if he has any proof of these claims, but i would hope he does....otherwise, why say it?

Because it plants the seed of criminality in the minds of the poorly educated, non-critical thinking people in this country. It is just the latest in a long string of Big Lies promulgated by the right.

Remember "Obama isn't a native-born citizen"? Big lie, got lots of traction. No evidence, no proof, just someone saying it and repeating it day after day after day. There are still many stupid people, some right on this board, who still believe it. And they have shown that they will believe just about anything, without evidence, as long as they hear it often enough.

There is no evidence that the committee is doing anything wrong, let alone criminal, all we have is a right-wing pundit saying it. Let's see how often it is repeated.

In what instances? Show me an example of a police officer actually convicted of a crime for illegal search and seizure. Not planting evidence, mind you.

I want to see what it is you are pretending to believe Democrats have done.
Recent brief presented regarding financial records was that they will not recognize any judicial review or restraint of their subpoena power. They firmly believe they can investigate anyone for anything and have no limit to that power.

Do you think that is right?

"if Republicans take Congress in November, “this is all going to come crashing down … they’re the ones who in fact, I think, face a real risk of jail for the kinds of laws they’re breaking”.

I don't see him saying anything that you just wrote about. If they are breaking laws, then yes they need to be jailed.
What laws did they break?

Recent brief presented regarding financial records was that they will not recognize any judicial review or restraint of their subpoena power. They firmly believe they can investigate anyone for anything and have no limit to that power.

Do you think that is right?
I do not think your characterization of the brief is right, no.

It takes a dynasty of scoundrels to recognize one. We have more than a boat load of anti-Democracy types all striving to install DJT. imo

Du Pont Dynasty: Behind the Nylon Curtain​

Alfred I. du Pont, betrayed by his cousins and pushed out of the organization, landing in social exile as the powerful “Count of Florida”; the three brothers who expanded Du Pont’s control to General Motors, fought autoworkers’ right to unionize, and then launched a family tradition of waging campaigns to destroy FDR’s New Deal regulatory reforms; Governor Pete du Pont, who ran for president and backed Newt Gingrich’s 1994 Republican Revolution; and Irving S. Shapiro, the architect of Du Pont’s ongoing campaign to undermine effective environmental regulation.

From plans to force President Roosevelt from office, to munitions sales to warlords and the rising Nazis, to Freon’s damage to the planet’s life-protecting ozone layer, to the manufacture of deadly gases and the covered-up poisoning of Du Pont workers, to the reputation the company earned for being the worst polluter of America’s air and water, the Du Pont reign has been dappled with scandal for centuries.

Once again, Republicans tell us all what they intend to do. And we're not listening to them. How much longer can we afford to wave it off as just rhetoric? They've told you what they intend to do. They want to overturn elections. They want to arrest political opposition. It's not just their party leads, how many times have we seen someone on this very message board say Democrats should be jailed as a threat to the nation?

They're telling you what they are going to do. Start listening.
Seems unbiased

I can't believe that he's a far right wing extremist. He just always seemed so reasonable.
I disagree. He was never reasonable.
He railed against Bill Clinton's sexual indiscretion at the same time that he was cheating on his wife, who was dying in a hospital.
He claimed Clinton's tax increase would cause a recession, right before the economy boomed.

He railed against Bill Clinton's sexual indiscretion at the same time that he was cheating on his wife, who was dying in a hospital.
He claimed Clinton's tax increase would cause a recession, right before the economy boomed.
I should have added a /s.

They've got no choice but to cooperate within the bounds of the law.

The democrat party committee wanting to create a fiasco should be made to keep the inquiry a lawful and legitimate one and not a Media circus. Which of course is the whole point of the investigation to begin with. To create a media spectacle as far into the election year as possible.

It never was to investigate. There's thousands of hours of footage and any ameture detective could've wrapped this up a year ago.
Do we have thousands of hours of footage which reveals the activity of the perpetrators leading up to the assault of the Capitol? How about inside the White House? Where do we get information about what calls went out to the National Guard and law enforcement? What conversations took place before and during the attack? And between whom?

It sounds like you would like to hang this on some poor fools like the burning of Germany's Reichstag was. No point in seeing how far up the conspiracy goes, right? Let's just blame it on a bunch of stupid knuckleheads and call it a day.

That's a hoot coming from the party who will justify anything with stupid "they're going to destroy our democracy!" arguments.
In their defense, not allowing electioneering to citizens waiting in line to vote is equivalent to Jim Crow 2.0. Also, not supporting $6 trillion dollar spending bills is indeed encouraging the collapse of democracy in America and promoting fascism.

That's totally diffeRent - married Newt was just plum wrung out from feeling so passionate about his country and working too hard that he accidently fell passionately into Callista's bed. And even then it might have been okay if Marianne hadn't refused an open marriage. Clearly she was too capitalist to spread the wealth that is Newt (SO selfish)

#zerocredibilitycons

Do we have thousands of hours of footage which reveals the activity of the perpetrators leading up to the assault of the Capitol? How about inside the White House? Where do we get information about what calls went out to the National Guard and law enforcement? What conversations took place before and during the attack? And between whom?

It sounds like you would like to hang this on some poor fools like the burning of Germany's Reichstag was. No point in seeing how far up the conspiracy goes, right? Let's just blame it on a bunch of stupid knuckleheads and call it a day.

Without a doubt all that footage exists.

Any fresh out of the police academy could wrap this up in a week.

This "investigation" by pelosi, Schiff and crew is the same old drummed up political bullshit they pulled about "supreme court gang rapist" and "Russian collusion" "quid pro quo".

It's a media spectacle. Intended to do nothing but keep the useful idiots frothy at the mouths until election day.

They keep up the image, every week or so there's headlines in the propoganda networks of "new disturbing allegations" or "so an so says this was treason" and so on and so forth.

This is the modern democrat party playbook 101 right here. A bunch of bullshit to shovel right to the yawning yaps of idiot liberals

These guys really do want civil war.

"Outrage as Newt Gingrich says Capitol attack investigators could be jailed"​

This, from a guy who was the first Speaker of the House to actually shut down our government completely. Was the first Speaker of the House to be fined $300,000 for an ethics violation. Repurposed a charity for inner-city youth into a Republican candidate training platform. Stated that child labor laws should be eliminated for the purpose of having school children work as janitors to help pay for their school lunches. And even went so far as to sneak into the House Chamber at 3 am just so he could film himself firing off angry rebukes at democrats while challenging all who disagreed with him - while no one else was present but him and maybe his camera man - which eventually led to Congress taping the Chamber to avoid any of his future grandstanding. .. Seems to me, Newt is in no position to suggest who should be jailed.

Want to know what real dementia looks like?

See Newt.
This isn't that dude..

This is no consequences for their actions. Everyone wants to ***** foot around these type of people.

Someday you all will understand these people are the children acting up in a store that the parents are trying to act like their friend and talk them down instead of taking them out to the car and telling them to shut the **** up

Back
Top Bottom