• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Outrage as Newt Gingrich says Capitol attack investigators could be jailed

Once again, Republicans tell us all what they intend to do. And we're not listening to them. How much longer can we afford to wave it off as just rhetoric? They've told you what they intend to do. They want to overturn elections. They want to arrest political opposition. It's not just their party leads, how many times have we seen someone on this very message board say Democrats should be jailed as a threat to the nation?

They're telling you what they are going to do. Start listening.
Why does anyone let this pig near a mic any longer?

They've got no choice but to cooperate within the bounds of the law.

The democrat party committee wanting to create a fiasco should be made to keep the inquiry a lawful and legitimate one and not a Media circus. Which of course is the whole point of the investigation to begin with. To create a media spectacle as far into the election year as possible.

It never was to investigate. There's thousands of hours of footage and any ameture detective could've wrapped this up a year ago.
Per our Roger Stone/Donnie Trump new reality show.

I still wanna know how a bunch of knuckleheads managed to take over the ****ing Capitol and why they weren't washed out on a river of their own blood.

But that’s just me.

I don't have any problem prosecuting the people who tore shit up in the riot.

I also want the BLM and antifa people who set fire to police stations and courthouses prosecuted.

What downright pisses me off is the double standard applied here. And the fact that liberals are the type of people perfectly fine with law enforcement and government institutions discriminating based off political affiliation. As long as it's directed to people they don't like.

I wouldn't be okay with it if the roles were reversed. So I think it's chicken shit for liberals to be that way.

I know ho

I also want the BLM and antifa people who set fire to police stations and courthouses prosecuted.

What downright pisses me off is the double standard applied here. And the fact that liberals are the type of people perfectly fine with law enforcement and government institutions discriminating based off political affiliation. As long as it's directed to people they don't like.

I wouldn't be okay with it if the roles were reversed. So I think it's chicken shit for liberals to be that way.
I know you’re not allowed to see it. But there’s a difference between protests about a real thing, police misbehavior, and rioting over a lie knowingly told.

You might be able to slightly compare the two if anybody anywhere that doesn’t consume your media ageeed with.

But you can’t.

I know ho

I know you’re not allowed to see it. But there’s a difference between protests about a real thing, police misbehavior, and rioting over a lie knowingly told.

You might be able to slightly compare the two if anybody anywhere that doesn’t consume your media ageeed with.

But you can’t.

And you just can't see that those protests were weaponized.

BLM is not an organization of poor marginalized people wanting thier voices to be heard. It's a university bred, political party activist group funded by corporate America and the democrat party. Those riots were not just allowed to happen, but they were endorsed, funded and organized by democrat party operatives and made to happen.

Kamala Harris and Joe Biden lied intentionally to create violence and chaos as well. They literally brought an attack upon an American town by the worst people in society. Then lied about the violence they caused.

It's the goddamn ignorance and double standards of liberals that makes me truly sick.

All the bitching and pissing and moaning on here all day, every day about the "bad orange man". He didn't do shit joe Biden hasn't done.

Joe Biden is just as big of a piece of shit as Donald Trump ever was. And the democrat party is every bit as conniving, and corrupt as any other in the world.

But liberals can lie to themselves so easily and convince themselves that's not the case.

All media is propoganda now.

Your entire belief set here is based on a foundation of democrat party propoganda with almost no common sense mixed in. And you want to talk about me?

Last edited:

Once again, Republicans tell us all what they intend to do. And we're not listening to them. How much longer can we afford to wave it off as just rhetoric? They've told you what they intend to do. They want to overturn elections. They want to arrest political opposition. It's not just their party leads, how many times have we seen someone on this very message board say Democrats should be jailed as a threat to the nation?

Nothing in that statement says anything about overturning the elections. What it actually IS talking about is abuse of power.

I know ho

But you can’t.
Would you rather be punched for an unjust cause or murdered for one people think is just?

Btw...police misbehavior is a real thing like any other profession that has misbehavior. They are all composed of people and people make mistakes. The main difference is that most of the complaints against the police are from people who sit behind a computer screen, and aren't there on the streets being put at risk.

Fine, you can advocate for more prosecutions related to the riots of the summer of 2020. But, they are completely different issues than what we are talking about here. If you don't understand that then you don't grasp the issues around the events of 1/6 and how they relate to Trump's efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 election. Don't take my word for, several federal judges opined on this subject.

The only double standard is you attempting apply a common standard to fundamentally different things.

Fine, you can advocate for more prosecutions related to the riots of the summer of 2020. But, they are completely different issues than what we are talking about here. If you don't understand that then you don't grasp the issues around the events of 1/6 and how they relate to Trump's efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 election. Don't take my word for, several federal judges opined on this subject.

The only double standard is you attempting apply a common standard to fundamentally different things.

Except they're not fundamentally different at all. Only democrat party propoganda would think that.

Both advocated and incited violence for political benifits

Except they're not fundamentally different at all. Only democrat party propoganda would think that.

Both advocated and incited violence for political benifits
How ****ing retarded does one have to be to consider seeking fair treatment, even if by resorting to criminality the same as attempting to stop the peaceful transition of power to a duly elected president by shouting to hang the VP. etc. etc.?

How ****ing retarded does one have to be to consider seeking fair treatment, even if by resorting to criminality the same as attempting to stop the peaceful transition of power to a duly elected president by shouting to hang the VP. etc. etc.?

In other words, you think shouting hang Mike pence during a riot is sedition.

But chanting death to America while setting fire to a federal courthouse with people trapped inside is just a peaceful protest.

Congratulations, here's your sign

In other words, you think shouting hang Mike pence during a riot is sedition.

But chanting death to America while setting fire to a federal courthouse with people trapped inside is just a peaceful protest.

Congratulations, here's your sign
Trying to stop the peaceful transition of power to a duly elected President by a scumbag and his followers because the scumbag wanted to remain in power IS sedition and only the morons who still kiss his ass can not see that.

Jailed for what? This is the same douche who started massive investigations into the Clintons and only came away with a semen stained dress. **** him.
Republcians have always been scum, they just have turned into terrorist scum now. they have been doing this dirty shit forever while they project to dems and their moron base believe it

of all people asking for transparency. Let's ask trump and his people if they are being transparent and cooperating during this investigation.

yeah, right!
I can't believe they pretend to have credibility posting such easily refuted, and also completely hypocritical bullshit. The people not being transparent are the guilty Trump people, suing to block data, not tesitfying.

And these still try to moronically project onto liberals.

"if Republicans take Congress in November, “this is all going to come crashing down … they’re the ones who in fact, I think, face a real risk of jail for the kinds of laws they’re breaking”.

I don't see him saying anything that you just wrote about. If they are breaking laws, then yes they need to be jailed.

"if Republicans take Congress in November, “this is all going to come crashing down … they’re the ones who in fact, I think, face a real risk of jail for the kinds of laws they’re breaking”.

I don't see him saying anything that you just wrote about. If they are breaking laws, then yes they need to be jailed.
If Donald Trump raped and murdered a cheerleader in 2004, he needs to be imprisoned.

No I'm not going to back up that statement with evidence. Why do you ask? If Donald Trump raped and murdered a cheerleader in 2004, shouldn't he be imprisoned? Why would anyone object to imprisoning Donald Trump if he raped and murdered a cheerleader in 2004!?

Surely, we all agree that it's not ok if Donald Trump raped and murdered a cheerleader in 2004.

If Donald Trump raped and murdered a cheerleader in 2004, he needs to be imprisoned.

No I'm not going to back up that statement with evidence. Why do you ask? If Donald Trump raped and murdered a cheerleader in 2004, shouldn't he be imprisoned? Why would anyone object to imprisoning Donald Trump if he raped and murdered a cheerleader in 2004!?

Surely, we all agree that it's not ok if Donald Trump raped and murdered a cheerleader in 2004.
Sure, I don't think anyone would disagree. How does this validate what you posted?

Sure, I don't think anyone would disagree. How does this validate what you posted?
So you didn't really get it, ok.

See, what I'm doing is making an accusation that Donald Trump raped and murdered a cheerleader in 2004, but I'm hiding it behind "just asking questions." It's purely smearing Donald Trump. There's no evidence to my accusation, but I'm implying there might be.

Which is exactly what Gingrich is doing. He's making up shit with no evidence, and getting people like you to defend it on this dumb ass generalization of "well crimes should be punished guys am I right?"

What downright pisses me off is the double standard applied here.
And the fact that liberals are the type of people perfectly fine with law enforcement and government institutions discriminating based off political affiliation. As long as it's directed to people they don't like.

There is no double-standard.

What's happening is you are being lied to by right-wing television, radio, and internet media, and you believe the lies. That's what is happening. You were given the impression that a bunch of black people ran wild and murdered everyone in cities by the tens of thousands! What you don't understand is that 15 to 20 million people peacefully protested, and a handful of people did engage in violence, and the government did prosecute the people who engaged in violence:

And what you want is not justice, or a lack of a double-standard as you claim. What you want is the right for your political allies to violently threaten your political opponents. But they don't have that right. They never did. What you want is the right to tell black people to stfu and sit down and be quiet or "else." But you don't have that right. And you never did. What you want is the right to violently threaten Congress into accepting an election outcome that never happened. But you don't have that right, and you never did.

Trump is a loser. He lost. Stop whining. Get over it.

l'll be damned I guess its true what they say:

trumpturds really ARE the enemies of America.:unsure::cautious:

So you didn't really get it, ok.

See, what I'm doing is making an accusation that Donald Trump raped and murdered a cheerleader in 2004, but I'm hiding it behind "just asking questions." It's purely smearing Donald Trump. There's no evidence to my accusation, but I'm implying there might be.

Which is exactly what Gingrich is doing. He's making up shit with no evidence, and getting people like you to defend it on this dumb ass generalization of "well crimes should be punished guys am I right?"
And exactly what the parties have done going back decades at this point. Likely since Clinton (Mr.)

No different now. Or the near future.

This isn't surprising to me, why is it to you?

No different now.

Hmmmm.
I cant remember anyone saying the folks investigating Hillarys emails for 5 years would ever be imprisoned.
What gives fella?

Back
Top Bottom