• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Outrage as Newt Gingrich says Capitol attack investigators could be jailed

Fabrication of evidence is illegal. And is generally introduced during the search and siezure, but not always. Planting evidence is definitely illegal.

See

Also excessive force or manipulation during the search can be criminally liable as well. Like beating, berating or intimidating someone to say something you want that isn't true.

See,

Saucier v. Katz, 533 U.S. 194 (2001)

Graham v. Connor, 490 U.S. 386 (1989)

Now I'm not saying democrat party political operatives did this. But if they did, it should be investigated and prosecuted accordingly.

I don't know why anyone would object.
Nobody is objecting. You're providing a straw man argument instead of actually meeting the standard of evidence I asked for. You've proven me right. You withdrew your goalposts from illegal search and seizure to fabrication of evidence.

You don't actually have an argument. You don't actually have any evidence. You want to spew this vague platitude of "criminals should be prosecuted" pretending that anyone actually objects to it, when you know for a fact that they don't. The reason you are doing all of this is that it's the only way to justify what you actually want: Democrats in prison. You don't care whether there's actually any evidence they broke the law, that's just a facade and everyone sees through it.

I love watching you guys pretend to believe what you say, but I'm not going to engage with it as though it's real.

Nobody is objecting. You're providing a straw man argument instead of actually meeting the standard of evidence I asked for. You've proven me right. You withdrew your goalposts from illegal search and seizure to fabrication of evidence.

You don't actually have an argument. You don't actually have any evidence. You want to spew this vague platitude of "criminals should be prosecuted" pretending that anyone actually objects to it, when you know for a fact that they don't. The reason you are doing all of this is that it's the only way to justify what you actually want: Democrats in prison. You don't care whether there's actually any evidence they broke the law, that's just a facade and everyone sees through it.

I love watching you guys pretend to believe what you say, but I'm not going to engage with it as though it's real.

In other words, you acknowledge crimes can be committed during the course of an investigation, but somehow thats a reason to insult and deflect from the reason that an investigation may be prudent?

You're getting incomprehensible at this point.

You stopped debating the subject of a possible investigation and started slinging blind insults.

I'm not surprised at all.

But I did think we were getting somewhere. Y'all just can't help yourselves. And the people who are tasked with policing regretfully only police one side.

Last edited:
Anyone who takes this lightly is a fool.

The GQP has turned their back on freedom in favor of a scorched earth power grab.

Be very weary people, very weary.
The Right is not interested in finding out the real truth and they don't give a damn about what is good for the American people and the Country all they are interested in is getting back in power taking down the Dems and what is good for the party screw everything and everybody PARTY FIRST
Have a nice day

In other words, you acknowledge crimes can be committed during the course of an investigation, but somehow thats a reason to insult and deflect from the reason that an investigation may be prudent?
No, you are using this general concept to deflect from the fact that you have absolutely no evidence to support your accusation that Democrats have broken the law in this investigation.

I'm not surprised at all.

But I did think we were getting somewhere. Y'all just can't help yourselves. And the people who are tasked with policing regretfully only police one side.
The idea that law enforcement is biased against conservatives instead of liberals is... absurd.

The whole party is being marched off a cliff.

Once again, Republicans tell us all what they intend to do. And we're not listening to them. How much longer can we afford to wave it off as just rhetoric? They've told you what they intend to do. They want to overturn elections. They want to arrest political opposition. It's not just their party leads, how many times have we seen someone on this very message board say Democrats should be jailed as a threat to the nation?

They're telling you what they are going to do. Start listening.
I wonder when we're going to see the Rs jailed who carried out 8 Benghazi investigations over years wasting million and millions and millions in taxpayer dollars. If the Gingrich Precedent is to be followed, we must start there.

They've got no choice but to cooperate within the bounds of the law.

The democrat party committee wanting to create a fiasco should be made to keep the inquiry a lawful and legitimate one and not a Media circus. Which of course is the whole point of the investigation to begin with. To create a media spectacle as far into the election year as possible.

It never was to investigate. There's thousands of hours of footage and any ameture detective could've wrapped this up a year ago.

another clueless conservative errrrr i mean "libertarian"

they are NOT cooperating!

This is just more of what I'm talking about. This is how you folks will publicly justify your actions. "They were assaulting our rights and had to be stopped!!"

But let's talk about standards you folks pretend to have, because I always find it amusing what you people will pretend you believe in order to justify your goals. Are you telling me the right wing position is that any police officer in this country who searches a vehicle and later has that search thrown out in court should go to prison?
i dont believe we are talking about a cop searching a car for dope

i would hope that it goes a little bit more serious than that....wouldnt you think?

what wont the left do right now to try and pin the attack from the 6th on higher ups in the GOP ranks?

i dunno? do you? The democrats are looking at a really dismal 2022 November unless something miraculous happens....

SO what would Nancy and her cronies pull to stay in power? That is all DC is about anymore....which party can stay in power....

i dont believe we are talking about a cop searching a car for dope

i would hope that it goes a little bit more serious than that....wouldnt you think?

what wont the left do right now to try and pin the attack from the 6th on higher ups in the GOP ranks?

i dunno? do you? The democrats are looking at a really dismal 2022 November unless something miraculous happens....

SO what would Nancy and her cronies pull to stay in power? That is all DC is about anymore....which party can stay in power....
I'm sorry but if you want to imprison Democrats I'm going to have to ask you for actual evidence of some specific crime.

I have zero clue if he has any proof of these claims, but i would hope he does....otherwise, why say it?
Newt would say anything. This is nothing unusual for the scumbag to do

Calling the members of the 6 January committee “wolves [who] are going to find out that they’re now sheep”, he said that if Republicans take Congress in November, “this is all going to come crashing down … they’re the ones who in fact, I think, face a real risk of jail for the kinds of laws they’re breaking”.

I dunno if the people on the committee have broken any laws....i would hope not. But if they have, shouldnt they have to answer for their supposed crimes?

I have zero clue if he has any proof of these claims, but i would hope he does....otherwise, why say it?

But i have no issue with ANYONE who breaks the laws paying the price....ANYONE.

Okay, common sense time here: What laws could committee members have possibly broken? Gingrich didn't specify which laws were broken, so that ought to tell you something, shouldn't it?

Dude, don't be a lazy voter. Think about things you hear, as well as the things you post.

Once again, Republicans tell us all what they intend to do. And we're not listening to them. How much longer can we afford to wave it off as just rhetoric? They've told you what they intend to do. They want to overturn elections. They want to arrest political opposition. It's not just their party leads, how many times have we seen someone on this very message board say Democrats should be jailed as a threat to the nation?

They're telling you what they are going to do. Start listening.
Want to know what real dementia looks like?

See Newt.

The democrat party committee wanting to create a fiasco should be made to keep the inquiry a lawful and legitimate one and not a Media circus. Which of course is the whole point of the investigation to begin with. To create a media spectacle as far into the election year as possible.

It never was to investigate. There's thousands of hours of footage and any ameture detective could've wrapped this up a year ago.

Here's the problem with your analysis, son. You've got two lifelong Republicans who willingly joined that committee. Good God, one of them is a combat veteran; the other is the daughter of a conservative icon.

Maybe living in a world of facts for once.

Okay, common sense time here: What laws could committee members have possibly broken? Gingrich didn't specify which laws were broken, so that ought to tell you something, shouldn't it?

Dude, don't be a lazy voter. Think about things you hear, as well as the things you post.
how the hell do i know?

and more importantly, how the hell do you know they havent broken any laws trying anything and everything to keep power for the democrats

i wont speculate.....i didnt say they did.....i said IF they did, they should pay the price for it

just like if it is proven that GOP members were involved in the 1/6 fiasco, they too should pay the price

but i was born in Missouri.....the "show me" state.....things like real evidence are a hoot to me

not conjecture or theories or crackpot "he had to be involved" bullshit.....real evidence

Calling the members of the 6 January committee “wolves [who] are going to find out that they’re now sheep”, he said that if Republicans take Congress in November, “this is all going to come crashing down … they’re the ones who in fact, I think, face a real risk of jail for the kinds of laws they’re breaking”.

I dunno if the people on the committee have broken any laws....i would hope not. But if they have, shouldnt they have to answer for their supposed crimes?

But i have no issue with ANYONE who breaks the laws paying the price....ANYONE.
I dunno if Newt Gingrich had Margaret Thatcher poisoned, but if he did, shouldn't he have to answer for his crime?

and more importantly, how the hell do you know they havent broken any laws trying anything and everything to keep power for the democrats

You don't. But that's the point: if Gingrich believes there's criminality, shouldn't he at least cite a statute that's been violated? What 'crime' have Democrats (and oh by the way two members of his own party) committed? Think about that.

The members of the Committee, by contrast, have made it clear what they're investigating, and why. Let's start with the fact that what happened on January 6th was a crime - multiple crimes, actually. How do I know? Because there have already been multiple prosecutions and, get this, multiple convictions. That's the difference. Gingrich can't even cite a ****ing statute, but guess what -- the Committee is investigating multiple criminal acts, as evidenced by the convictions.

There's your difference. If you continue to post "Well, um, how do I know?" then I will write you off as a partisan troll, because you'll be posting in contravention of the evidence. That's the difference, mate.

but i was born in Missouri.....the "show me" state.....things like real evidence are a hoot to me

not conjecture or theories or crackpot "he had to be involved" bullshit.....real evidence

You've been shown. It's a question as to whether or not you choose to accept.

If any of those people violated search and siezure laws or any other statutes that protect the freedom and anonymity of the people involved in the investigation, then they should be prosecuted.

Why would liberals object?
Why am I sure that only points one way?

I still wanna know how a bunch of knuckleheads managed to take over the ****ing Capitol and why they weren't washed out on a river of their own blood.

But that’s just me.

You got nutz going on 1/06/2022 ! Most of it was neglectful ignorance. The Trumpets pulled their Shat ! They are gonna pay big time. The Country was at a state of war and what the Seditionists pulled You know Trumpys Crownies in secret at the Hotel and at the Crowd before and during was Treason ! Happy Jail times !

I do agree that the Demo's acts after Hill's defeat are really old crappers pulling crap but Trump should of just said Good luck see you in 4 years and STFU. He will never get my vote or his Cronies. History will table those hard Right Cronies and laugh at forever.

We really got to put these old F/X out to pasture at 70 !

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom