• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Outrage as Newt Gingrich says Capitol attack investigators could be jailed

Deuce

Outer space potato man
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Calling the members of the 6 January committee “wolves [who] are going to find out that they’re now sheep”, he said that if Republicans take Congress in November, “this is all going to come crashing down … they’re the ones who in fact, I think, face a real risk of jail for the kinds of laws they’re breaking”.

Once again, Republicans tell us all what they intend to do. And we're not listening to them. How much longer can we afford to wave it off as just rhetoric? They've told you what they intend to do. They want to overturn elections. They want to arrest political opposition. It's not just their party leads, how many times have we seen someone on this very message board say Democrats should be jailed as a threat to the nation?

They're telling you what they are going to do. Start listening.

Once again, Republicans tell us all what they intend to do. And we're not listening to them. How much longer can we afford to wave it off as just rhetoric? They've told you what they intend to do. They want to overturn elections. They want to arrest political opposition. It's not just their party leads, how many times have we seen someone on this very message board say Democrats should be jailed as a threat to the nation?

I can't believe that he's a far right wing extremist. He just always seemed so reasonable.

If any of those people violated search and siezure laws or any other statutes that protect the freedom and anonymity of the people involved in the investigation, then they should be prosecuted.

Why would liberals object?

Anyone who takes this lightly is a fool.

The GQP has turned their back on freedom in favor of a scorched earth power grab.

Be very weary people, very weary.

Calling the members of the 6 January committee “wolves [who] are going to find out that they’re now sheep”, he said that if Republicans take Congress in November, “this is all going to come crashing down … they’re the ones who in fact, I think, face a real risk of jail for the kinds of laws they’re breaking”.

I dunno if the people on the committee have broken any laws....i would hope not. But if they have, shouldnt they have to answer for their supposed crimes?

I have zero clue if he has any proof of these claims, but i would hope he does....otherwise, why say it?

But i have no issue with ANYONE who breaks the laws paying the price....ANYONE.

If any of those people violated search and siezure laws or any other statutes that protect the freedom and anonymity of the people involved in the investigation, then they should be prosecuted.

This is just more of what I'm talking about. This is how you folks will publicly justify your actions. "They were assaulting our rights and had to be stopped!!"

But let's talk about standards you folks pretend to have, because I always find it amusing what you people will pretend you believe in order to justify your goals. Are you telling me the right wing position is that any police officer in this country who searches a vehicle and later has that search thrown out in court should go to prison?

I dunno if the people on the committee have broken any laws....i would hope not. But if they have, shouldnt they have to answer for their supposed crimes?

I have zero clue if he has any proof of these claims, but i would hope he does....otherwise, why say it?

Exactly.

If these people broke laws during the investigation, they should be prosecuted.

That includes lying, evidence fabrication, tampering and omission.

I don't know if that happened. But if it did, they should be prosecuted.

This is just more of what I'm talking about. This is how you folks will publicly justify your actions. "They were assaulting our rights and had to be stopped!!"

But let's talk about standards you folks pretend to have, because I always find it amusing what you people will pretend you believe in order to justify your goals. Are you telling me the right wing position is that any police officer in this country who searches a vehicle and later has that search thrown out in court should go to prison?

If that same police officer was found to have planted evidence, then yes.

Why not?

Exactly.

If these people broke laws during the investigation, they should be prosecuted.

That includes lying, evidence fabrication, tampering and omission.

I don't know if that happened. But if it did, they should be prosecuted.
If Donald Trump is found to have broken laws during the investigation, he should be prosecuted.

This includes lying, obstruction of justice, evidence fabrication, tampering, and omission.

I don't know if that happened. But if it did, he should be prosecuted.

If Donald Trump is found to have broken laws during the investigation, he should be prosecuted.

This includes lying, obstruction of justice, evidence fabrication, tampering, and omission.

I don't know if that happened. But if it did, he should be prosecuted.

You see. How hard is that?

Now do Adam Schiff.

And now you've shifted your goalposts to planted evidence. Not bad. B- mental gymnastics!

In some instances, an illegal search and seizure is a crime by law enforcement.

In those instances then yes. They should be prosecuted.

And why not?

In some instances, an illegal search and seizure is a crime by law enforcement.

In those instances then yes. They should be prosecuted.

And why not?
In what instances? Show me an example of a police officer actually convicted of a crime for illegal search and seizure. Not planting evidence, mind you.

I want to see what it is you are pretending to believe Democrats have done.

I don't know. Why does the right object to an actual investigation to start with?

If...IF there was an actual violation of law by the committee, then yes appropriate measures can be taken. But this appears as nothing more than another cog in the 1/6 Obstruction campaign the Right has waged.

Seriously?

Jailed for what? This is the same douche who started massive investigations into the Clintons and only came away with a semen stained dress. **** him.

Last edited:

The line "First thing let's do is kill all the lawyers" actually refers to the removal of those who would know that the perpetrators' acts were illegal and take steps to prevent them.

In what instances? Show me an example of a police officer actually convicted of a crime for illegal search and seizure. Not planting evidence, mind you.

I want to see what it is you are pretending to believe Democrats have done.

Fabrication of evidence is illegal. And is generally introduced during the search and siezure, but not always. Planting evidence is definitely illegal.

See

Also excessive force or manipulation during the search can be criminally liable as well. Like beating, berating or intimidating someone to say something you want that isn't true.

See,

Saucier v. Katz, 533 U.S. 194 (2001)

Graham v. Connor, 490 U.S. 386 (1989)

Now I'm not saying democrat party political operatives did this. But if they did, it should be investigated and prosecuted accordingly.

I don't know why anyone would object.

I don't know. Why does the right object to an actual investigation to start with?

If...IF there was an actual violation of law by the committee, then yes appropriate measures can be taken. But this appears as nothing more than another cog in the 1/6 Obstruction campaign the Right has waged.

It looks to me the right is not objecting at all. But questioning the procedures, evidence and methods used.

Seems reasonable to me. It should all be done by the book.

No more Adam Schiff shows.

Lest we forget, Adam Schiff went on national television claiming to have specific evidence he actually denied having any knowledge of during sworn testimony.
He got away with doing that. And it was wrong

It looks to me the right is not objecting at all. But questioning the procedures, evidence and methods used.

Seems reasonable to me. It should all be done by the book.

No more Adam Schiff shows.
Yes, it's a cog on the 1/6 Obstructionist machine. All they can do now is scramble to attack the committee itself and try to discredit it, as we are seeing more and more Trump's role in the 1/6 Sedition.

Yes, it's a cog on the 1/6 Obstructionist machine. All they can do now is scramble to attack the committee itself and try to discredit it, as we are seeing more and more Trump's role in the 1/6 Sedition.

I don't understand why you would object to demanding transparency and accountability during a sensitive investigation.

Why wouldn't you want this to done by the book and in the open with oversight?

Don't forget the debacle of the Schiff fiasco where he said one thing to the media and completely different things under oath.

We don't need a media spectacle here, we need a by the book inquiry. I think that's what the gop wants to do.

The democrat party wants to drag this out through the media, no matter the results. Just like they did with justice kavanaugh and just like they did with the bogus "Russian collusion" fiasco.

It doesn't matter the allegations were completely horseshit. Millions of people still think justice kavanaugh is a "gang rapist" despite having absolutely zero legitimate evidence to prove it.

That's not good for anybody

Last edited:
I don't understand why you would object to demanding transparency and accountability during a sensitive investigation.

Why wouldn't you want this to done by the book and in the open with oversight?

Don't forget the debacle of the Schiff fiasco where he said one thing to the media and completely different things under oath.

We don't need a media spectacle here, we need a by the book inquiry. I think that's what the gop wants to do.

The democrat party wants to drag this out through the media, no matter the results. Just like they did with justice kavanaugh and just like they did with the bogus "Russian collusion" fiasco.

That's not good for anybody
of all people asking for transparency. Let's ask trump and his people if they are being transparent and cooperating during this investigation.

yeah, right!

of all people asking for transparency. Let's ask trump and his people if they are being transparent and cooperating during this investigation.

yeah, right!

They've got no choice but to cooperate within the bounds of the law.

The democrat party committee wanting to create a fiasco should be made to keep the inquiry a lawful and legitimate one and not a Media circus. Which of course is the whole point of the investigation to begin with. To create a media spectacle as far into the election year as possible.

It never was to investigate. There's thousands of hours of footage and any ameture detective could've wrapped this up a year ago.

Back
Top Bottom