• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Outrage After Michelle Obama Does THIS at the White House

imyoda

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Outrage After Michelle Obama Does THIS at the White House | John Hawkins' Right Wing News

……….” The Obama Administration has often been accused of capitulating to hostile foreign states and, in particular, has drawn a great deal of criticism over its actions towards Iran” ……….

“Now, for the second year in a row, the White House has hosted a Nowruz festival, honoring the Iranian New Year. The stated purpose of the festival is to help Americans remember that diversity plays an important role in our country, especially during a time of such “hateful rhetoric.”

“When Barack and I first got here, we committed to opening this place up to as many people from as many different backgrounds as possible — especially folks who have never been through these doors before,” said First Lady Michelle Obama. “We think America is strongest when we recognize our many traditions, when we celebrate our diversity, and we lift each other up.”

She continued, “Right now when we are hearing so much disturbing and hateful rhetoric, it is so important to remember that our diversity has been and will always be our greatest source of strength and pride here in the United States.”

“We are a nation of immigrants and we should cherish the talent and energy and the beautiful traditions and cultures that come with that heritage,” she said, concluding her remarks.

Nowruz is celebrated across the Middle East as well as in parts of Asia and Eastern Europe, marking the Persian New Year and the first day of spring. Persian dancers and Persian cuisine was featured at the White House event………..”

REALLY NOW…………….

GL.........7 1/2 years of............anything Obama is wrong/bad/evil/stupid/underhanded........... What will these folks do with their time when the object of their hate is out of office?

If history gives us any clue.......... after Reagan brought down USSR and communism .......... the RW had no one to direct their hateful energy at.......... so they substituted their emotional driven efforts towards eating each other.......

Will they do the same again? Or will there be a new object/person/idea to hate...................Of course you know...........with out someone to hate the RW would fall apart as an organized group because that no longer would have any purpose to exist........... Hate is the binding glue which make the RW a group of true believers...........

Ponder that a bit.........:shock:

Outrage After Michelle Obama Does THIS at the White House | John Hawkins' Right Wing News

……….” The Obama Administration has often been accused of capitulating to hostile foreign states and, in particular, has drawn a great deal of criticism over its actions towards Iran” ……….

“Now, for the second year in a row, the White House has hosted a Nowruz festival, honoring the Iranian New Year. The stated purpose of the festival is to help Americans remember that diversity plays an important role in our country, especially during a time of such “hateful rhetoric.”

“When Barack and I first got here, we committed to opening this place up to as many people from as many different backgrounds as possible — especially folks who have never been through these doors before,” said First Lady Michelle Obama. “We think America is strongest when we recognize our many traditions, when we celebrate our diversity, and we lift each other up.”

She continued, “Right now when we are hearing so much disturbing and hateful rhetoric, it is so important to remember that our diversity has been and will always be our greatest source of strength and pride here in the United States.”

“We are a nation of immigrants and we should cherish the talent and energy and the beautiful traditions and cultures that come with that heritage,” she said, concluding her remarks.

Nowruz is celebrated across the Middle East as well as in parts of Asia and Eastern Europe, marking the Persian New Year and the first day of spring. Persian dancers and Persian cuisine was featured at the White House event………..”

REALLY NOW…………….

GL.........7 1/2 years of............anything Obama is wrong/bad/evil/stupid/underhanded........... What will these folks do with their time when the object of their hate is out of office?

If history gives us any clue.......... after Reagan brought down USSR and communism .......... the RW had no one to direct their hateful energy at.......... so they substituted their emotional driven efforts towards eating each other.......

Will they do the same again? Or will there be a new object/person/idea to hate...................Of course you know...........with out someone to hate the RW would fall apart as an organized group because that no longer would have any purpose to exist........... Hate is the binding glue which make the RW a group of true believers...........

I personaly don't think this was a smart move................. Foreign traditions have no place in the white house........ I can't imagine the 4th of July being celebrated in Tehrān......... nor do I want it to be celebrated there. If the white house didn't celebrate the Nowruz festival..........no one would've noticed, I believe.

I think we have many far more important issues to concern ourselves with than this ****.

I personaly don't think this was a smart move................. Foreign traditions have no place in the white house........ I can't imagine the 4th of July being celebrated in Tehrān......... nor do I want it to be celebrated there. If the white house didn't celebrate the Nowruz festival..........no one would've noticed, I believe.

Thanks for sharing your opinion....

Did they, or are they going to, celebrate the Jewish New Year, or is that going to far?

REALLY NOW…………….

For diversity i will have a Persian meal.

For diversity i will have a Persian meal.

Good eats............ years ago we had a Persian couple we were friends........... And often we would have each other for dinner and dominos........... (not a traditional Persian game)

and I found the food and variety wonderful.........My mouth is watering at the thought ............ Good memories...

You mean like Christmas, Easter, New Year's Day...and that sort of thing?

You mean like Christmas, Easter, New Year's Day...and that sort of thing?

Come on man. Christmas, Easter & New Year's Day are absolutely a part of American culture. I would argue there is NO country that even comes close to the american infatuation with Christmas.
Probably 99% of the people celebrate Easter, New Year's and Christmas. How many people celebrate the Nowruz festival ?

These traditions may have a foreign background, but they're now definitely a part of american culture.

There's a big difference between "recognizing" other cultures, and forced assimilation. I'm a little leery to believe this, considering the source, but Michelle IS an attention ho. I wouldn't put it past her.

Back
Top Bottom