• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'Out for long time': Trump tweets as US shutdown sets new record

You are projecting.

JFC! Your arguments are dumb.
You pointed to "40% of the money remains uncommitted" as somehow supporting what you claim, but it doesn't.
Now you are trying to claim that the 60% committed doesn't equate as spent.
Just stop, your commentary is just becoming more and more foolish.

Awarded contracts is for all intent and purpose spent money.

Uncommitted funds equates as unspent.

OK. Spent. So Trump has "spent" $.96B. He still has more money available. His first ask was $1.6B for border security (not specifically a wall) and he still has some money. Why ask for $5.7B all of a sudden for a wall that is not really a wall? It's a barrier. Or maybe it's a wall. It could be made of steel or concrete or recycled beer cans from Weekend at Kavanaugh's Place. We're not even sure where it will be built. We've been given zero details.

See, here's the issue with me: I'm fiscally conservative. Show me me more about this "wall" before I want to give you more money. I've seen nothing that tells me this wall is nothing but another colossal waste of tax payer money.

So **** Trump. He's not getting his wall. He might be able to con others to spend money, but he's not conning me.

OK. Spent.
:applaud

So Trump has "spent" $.96B. He still has more money available. His first ask was $1.6B for border security (not specifically a wall) and he still has some money. Why ask for $5.7B all of a sudden for a wall that is not really a wall? It's a barrier. Or maybe it's a wall. It could be made of steel or concrete or recycled beer cans from Weekend at Kavanaugh's Place. We're not even sure where it will be built. We've been given zero details.

See, here's the issue with me: I'm fiscally conservative. Show me me more about this "wall" before I want to give you more money. I've seen nothing that tells me this wall is nothing but another colossal waste of tax payer money.

So **** Trump. He's not getting his wall. He might be able to con others to spend money, but he's not conning me.

You realize there must be projections on costs right?
So he shouldn't be asking for more funds that are going to be needed to continue the ongoing construction and to pay for the other measures he wishes to accomplish his border security goals?

No. Your whole position is nothing more than negative bias

:applaud

You realize there must be projections on costs right?

Yes. Show me how the projections were made.

So he shouldn't be asking for more funds that are going to be needed to continue the ongoing construction and to pay for the other measures he wishes to accomplish his border security goals?

He can. What are the details?

No. Your whole position is nothing more than negative bias

If you believe so. Not sure what your opinion on this means.

Yes. Show me how the projections were made.
As you acknowledge they exist, and the figures are not germane to this discussion, I do not need to.
If you want to look at them do your own web search.

He can. What are the details?
Interesting. You did it again.
Acknowledgement and then a request for something that is not germane.

Not sure what your opinion on this means.
I am sure you are feigning ignorance of what I mean.

As you acknowledge they exist, and the figures are not germane to this discussion, I do not need to.
If you want to look at them do your own web search.

Interesting. You did it again.
Acknowledgement and then a request for something that is not germane.

I am sure you are feigning ignorance of what I mean.

Thanks for wasting both of our time.

Thanks for wasting both of our time.
As you were the one spewing bs, you wasted your time, especially as I do not mind pointing out the bs you spew.

As you were the one spewing bs, you wasted your time, especially as I do not mind pointing out the bs you spew.

How can one argue over the views of a self-proclaimed BS master?

How can one argue over the views of a self-proclaimed BS master?
Who is arguing that you are not a self proclaimed bs master?

Who is arguing that you are not a self proclaimed bs master?

I am not the one to mention BS twice as if I was a master in detecting it.

Now...how effective are you in actually proving BS is BS? Those skills seems less proven, but the ability to supposedly detect it can only come from the similar skill level in spreading it.

I am not the one to mention BS twice as if I was a master in detecting it.
iLOL It doesn't take a master to point out your bs, though it does figure you thought you were so adept at it that you thought you could get away without it being detected.
Now you know different.

No.
Tell the House to start cooperating and negotiating instead.

Why should the House get what they want without cooperating and compromising with what the President wants?
They are in no position to make demands.
The only position they can take is one of cooperation with the other parties.

Except all the house wants is to fund the government. Trump wants a bunch of blank check pork barrel spending shoved in or he blows up the whole thing. What has Trump offered the other side? He's the great deal maker but can't even pretend to negotiate?

Except all the house wants is to fund the government.
Well unfortunately that isn't an option at this time with out negotiation.

Trump wants a bunch of blank check pork barrel spending shoved in or he blows up the whole thing.
Is that what he wants? Do tell.

What has Trump offered the other side? He's the great deal maker but can't even pretend to negotiate?
He doesn't have to make their counter offer, that is incumbent upon them to formulate their own.

No it is not extortion.

Of course it’s extortion. It’s the only possibility.

Trump is attempting to obtain funds(material) for a wall/barrier by threatening to keep the gov’t closed until he gets what he wants. Plain and simple, that, is extortion.

You argue that Pelosi is practicing extortion by refusing to negotiate/compromise(process) with Trump’s demands(material) for a wall/barrier.

Your argument is logically incorrect since Pelosi isn’t demanding anything of material. Refusing to negotiate/compromise isn’t a demand of anything material. Negotiation /compromise is a process. The two are fundamentally different acts. Trump is demanding something of material, Pelosi isn’t.

For example, extortion(act) is when a terrorist is holding hostages and demands the police for money(material) in exchange for the release of hostages.

If the police refuse to negotiate/compromise with the extortionist, the police aren’t now the extortionists because they refuse to negotiate/compromise. That’s absurd, right?

Now apply the example to Trump and Pelosi.
Trump extorts by demanding funding(material) for a wall in exchange for opening the government.
Pelosi, logically cannot be the extortionist by refusing to negotiate since she is not demanding anything of material, she is only refusing to negotiate, which is not anything of material, but of process.

Your logic is very troublesome. It validates the position of the extortionist by equating material with process. Your logic follows that if the police refuse to negotiate/compromise with the extortionist, then the police now hold the position as being the extortionist because they refuse to negotiate/compromise.

So, in your way of thinking, what are the original hostage takers now? Just great deal makers who managed to pass on the label of extortionist to the police because they refused to negotiate/compromise? Please elaborate logically.

There is nothing wrong with making logical mistakes, but refusing to acknowledge them and continuing to promote poor logic is wrong. In this case, it is obvious, the ends do not justify the means.

Of course it’s extortion. It’s the only possibility.
Wrong.
Again.
No it is not extortion.
It is what has been going on for ages.
The President puts on the table what he wants and they name what they want in order for him to get what he wants.

It is part an parcel of negotiations.
As I have repeatedly said; They are all responsible for their lack of cooperation.

You argue that Pelosi is practicing extortion by refusing to negotiate/compromise(process) with Trump’s demands(material) for a wall/barrier.
Really? Is that what I am arguing here? Where? Certainly not in what you quoted. So where?

Your argument is logically incorrect ...
:lamo Says you, the one who is logically incorrect.

Back
Top Bottom