• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Our Nation's Future -- God Help Us

ChezC3

Relentless Thinking Fury
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
UCLA’s undergraduate student government passed a resolution unanimously last week to criticize any use of the term “illegal immigrant” to describe illegal immigrants. Many students are upset with Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, whom they feel is too harsh on illegal immigration. The resolution, entitled “Drop the I-Word,”

UCLA Student Government Passes Resolution Blasting 'Racially Derogatory' Term 'Illegal Immigrant'

So the future leaders in this country find legal definitions too much for their delicate sensibilities... The term "illegal immigrant" i.e someone who illegally immigrated to this country, has hereby been decreed -- by whom I can only imagine as the New Breed of the Unthinking Left -- to be racist.

This is what they're churning out in American universities nowadays? We're going down hard people, God help us...

UCLA Student Government Passes Resolution Blasting 'Racially Derogatory' Term 'Illegal Immigrant'

So the future leaders in this country find legal definitions too much for their delicate sensibilities... The term "illegal immigrant" i.e someone who illegally immigrated to this country, has hereby been decreed -- by whom I can only imagine as the New Breed of the Unthinking Left -- to be racist.

This is what they're churning out in American universities nowadays? We're going down hard people, God help us...

express elevator to hell....goin down

Do you not understand that this country is already going down eventually, and mostly for economic reasons, plus the trend we are seeing among the general population to be apathetic, easily entertained by cheap electronics, and shallow?
We've already survived longer than would ordinarily have been expected, and we're just living on borrowed time until we rot from the inside out.

This issue has been around a while. "Undocumented" seems to be the most PC phrase for better than a decade.

College student in CA...Leftist by nature...doesn't understand that being 'illegal' could mean anyone...has a real problem with not knowing Hispanics are Caucasian....likely has no clue of the Native American element.

Hog Wash!

This issue has been around a while. "Undocumented" seems to be the most PC phrase for better than a decade.

Think I'm going to devote myself to being as anti-PC as possible for the rest of my days.

Someone has to be a buffer to insanity.

pouring syrup on shyte don't make it pancakes...

Do you not understand that this country is already going down eventually, and mostly for economic reasons, plus the trend we are seeing among the general population to be apathetic, easily entertained by cheap electronics, and shallow?
We've already survived longer than would ordinarily have been expected, and we're just living on borrowed time until we rot from the inside out.

Nonsense, we are going to borrow our way to prosperity. We have all the wealth that we need, it just needs to be redistributed "fairly". All will get free education, including free college, and then be qualified to simply watch others (the undocumented?) do the hard menial labor needed to support their lofty dreams. Anyone unable to find meaningful and satisfactory work (of their liking) will be kept "in waiting" (as long as their dream job is not available) at a middle class lifestyle supported by generous social "safety net" programs. ;)

Think I'm going to devote myself to being as anti-PC as possible for the rest of my days.

Someone has to be a buffer to insanity.

That is fine, but I think there is a bit of validity to the undocumented v. illegal part as opposed to the immigrant v. alien part of the discussion. Generally speaking, "Illegal" carries with it the popular connotation that it is "criminal". Unauthorized presence has traditionally been treated as a civil law violation as opposed to a criminal law violation. I use "illegal immigrant" but the point is not lost on me.

Now if you want to call people retarded or midgets, I am all there with you on that one.

pouring syrup on shyte don't make it pancakes...

But it makes them easier to swallow I bet.....the more syrup the better I would imagine.

That is fine, but I think there is a bit of validity to the undocumented v. illegal part as opposed to the immigrant v. alien part of the discussion. Generally speaking, "Illegal" carries with it the popular connotation that it is "criminal". Unauthorized presence has traditionally been treated as a civil law violation as opposed to a criminal law violation. I use "illegal immigrant" but the point is not lost on me.

Now if you want to call people retarded or midgets, I am all there with you on that one.

LOL! Just holler "La Migra' for effect. That will separate the wheat from the chafe.

Living in Texas, I realize the blurred definition.

Nonsense, we are going to borrow our way to prosperity. We have all the wealth that we need, it just needs to be redistributed "fairly". All will get free education, including free college, and then be qualified to simply watch others (the undocumented?) do the hard menial labor needed to support their lofty dreams. Anyone unable to find meaningful and satisfactory work (of their liking) will be kept "in waiting" (as long as their dream job is not available) at a middle class lifestyle supported by generous social "safety net" programs. ;)

Quite frankly, I identify more strongly with the Mexican portion of our population (illegal or not), than with most of the rest of it. They (for the most part) are willing to work their asses off for what they get, and they strongly value family and community. They will still be standing and contributing when the rest of the country goes down, wallowing in self-absorption and what they believe to be "intellectualism", which doesn't accomplish anything besides a false sense of security. I am glad I am getting old, and hopefully will not be alive to see the long-term future of this nation. There are times when I am just downright embarrassed about what we have become.

I am not saying that I support illegal immigration, because I definitely do not, but hey, at least they are willing to do something besides sitting on their asses, playing with the latest version of the I Phone.

Quite frankly, I identify more strongly with the Mexican portion of our population (illegal or not), than with most of the rest of it. They (for the most part) are willing to work their asses off for what they get, and they strongly value family and community. They will still be standing and contributing when the rest of the country goes down, wallowing in self-absorption and what they believe to be "intellectualism", which doesn't accomplish anything besides a false sense of security. I am glad I am getting old, and hopefully will not be alive to see the long-term future of this nation. There are times when I am just downright embarrassed about what we have become.

I am not saying that I support illegal immigration, because I definitely do not, but hey, at least they are willing to do something besides sitting on their asses, playing with the latest version of the I Phone.

And all grass is green.

LOL! Just holler "La Migra' for effect. That will separate the wheat from the chafe.

Living in Texas, I realize the blurred definition.

LOL. I knew a guy awhile back whose family owned a construction company. He said, "You know, they all have papers that seem legit, there is no way for me to verify them, and the company that provided them say they are validated legal, but the fact that most of my crew will dive into a 40 foot ventilation duct or otherwise disappear as soon as the immigration truck is spotted might be a clue that something isn't quite right."

But it makes them easier to swallow I bet.....the more syrup the better I would imagine.

Except I ordered the country fried steak and biscuits...

Except I ordered the country fried steak and biscuits...

Yeah but with your Yankee accent, everything you say sounds like BS so that is what you got. No charge for the syrup. Y'all come back and see us when you can. :2razz:

Initially and when in rural areas but you often find a different attitude developing once they are exposed to U.S. city life (liberalism?) for a while. They also have some of the better organized criminal/prison gangs. They are not all just peaceful, hard working, family folks, loving tacos, cerveza and tejano music. ;)

Initially and when in rural areas but you often find a different attitude developing once they are exposed to U.S. city life (liberalism?) for a while. They also have some of the better organized criminal/prison gangs. They are not all just peaceful, hard working, family folks, loving tacos, cerveza and tejano music. ;)

Yes, I'm sure you are right. I am speaking from my own experience, which has been positive.

Yeah but with your Yankee accent, everything you say sounds like BS so that is what you got. No charge for the syrup. Y'all come back and see us when you can. :2razz:

but I've lived in Virginia and Kentucky see, so I'm bilingual...;)

but I've lived in Virginia and Kentucky see, so I'm bilingual...;)

Well Virginia isn't part of the real south and Kentucky, well who the hell knows what those people are saying anyways. Mountain folk speak the original language given to us by the aliens who settled the planet as best as I can tell.

I think they're right. Illegal immigrant is not a good term.

Illegal alien is much more accurate.

Yes, I'm sure you are right. I am speaking from my own experience, which has been positive.

Mine as well, thus I continue to avoid cities and prisons. ;)

I think they're right. Illegal immigrant is not a good term.

Illegal alien is much more accurate.

I agree. the term "immigrant" implies legitimacy. let's just call them what they are.... "criminals"

It has been this way in Australia for some time now. The Press has been banned from using the correct term, illegal immigrants, and must use the terms asylum seeker or refugee. Most of the illegal immigrants are not refugees, but country shoppers. They flee their country, most often for economic reasons, and do not stop at the first country they escape to, but head on to Australia, paying thousands of dollars to people smugglers for a spot on a boat. When they land in Australia, the government not only gives them everything they need, the illegal immigrants also have years of appeals, funded by groups who support them and the government, to help them obtain legal status. Political correctness has replaced correct terminology and common sense.

Back
Top Bottom