• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Our Friend DeSantis is Worried Our Kids Aren't Christian Enough

I’m not going to attempt to teach 5th grade history to adults again on this board.

You think you are so learned - act like it. When you get yourself on that level, then we can discuss it.
You're as strict as my fifth grade teacher was to me.
But I survived her.
What part of that scurrilous statement I made did you not like?
The part where I wrote Klan members in robes were all Democrats?
Is that a lie? Just how un-true is it?
I know the KKK was not the Democratic Party and the Dem Party was not the KKK.

The KKK was founded by Democrats, but not the party​

The Ku Klux Klan was founded in 1866 by ex-Confederate soldiers Frank McCord, Richard Reed, John Lester, John Kennedy, J. Calvin Jones and James Crowe in Pulaski, Tennessee. The group was originally a “social club” but quickly became a violent white supremacist group.
“The KKK is almost a paramilitary organization that’s trying to benefit one party. It syncs up with the Democratic Party, which really was a racist party openly at the time,” Grinspan said. “But the KKK isn’t the Democratic Party, and the Democratic Party isn’t the KKK.”

"Thier Creator" referred to God, not humanity. But I will give you an "A" for the creative attempt to rewrite history to fit your own agenda. Your rights are from God, not man. That is what they believed.

Huh?

1. "All men" referred to humanity.

2. Who does their refer to in their Creator?

3. Let's then move on to "Creator"? Are you saying that Creator in the Declaration of Independence refers to a Christian god? If so, how did you come to that conclusion?

I basically ignored organized religions because I don't need them.
You appear to go out of your way to attack them.
And you probably didn't even go to Catholic school like I did.

Out of my way to attack who?

What do you mean by "attack"?

He's basically a fascist.

After fascists assault Jewish college student in weekend rampage​

Governor Ron DeSantis refuses to denounce Florida Nazis, attacks Democrats instead

In a press conference Monday, Florida Republican Governor Ron DeSantis, a possible 2024 presidential candidate, refused to denounce violent Nazis and instead accused Democrats of elevating “anti-Semites.”

DeSantis’ remarks came after Nazis were permitted this past weekend in central Florida to assault a Jewish college student. In a video prior to Saturday’s assault, the Nazis can be heard yelling, “Heil Hitler for what he did,” and “White Power!” At another point a Nazi yells, “He’s a Jew, look at him! Guess where you’re going back to?”

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2022/02/03/oklh-f03.html

After fascists assault Jewish college student in weekend rampage​

Governor Ron DeSantis refuses to denounce Florida Nazis, attacks Democrats instead

In a press conference Monday, Florida Republican Governor Ron DeSantis, a possible 2024 presidential candidate, refused to denounce violent Nazis and instead accused Democrats of elevating “anti-Semites.”

DeSantis’ remarks came after Nazis were permitted this past weekend in central Florida to assault a Jewish college student. In a video prior to Saturday’s assault, the Nazis can be heard yelling, “Heil Hitler for what he did,” and “White Power!” At another point a Nazi yells, “He’s a Jew, look at him! Guess where you’re going back to?”

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2022/02/03/oklh-f03.html

DeathSantis knows that when he runs for president, he is going to need the Neo-Nazis' votes. So he's not going to denounce those scum.

DeathSantis knows that when he runs for president, he is going to need the Neo-Nazis' votes. So he's not going to denounce those scum.
Yes much like you know who, he is courting right wing extremists as his "army". He is also training them in our schools. Nazi's were also indoctinating children in "Christian " bigotry. He is intent on turning our schools into religious battlegrounds. There is literally nothing worse for the school environment where our teachers are already understaffed and underpaid. You notice he says or does nothing about that.

Last edited:
Out of my way to attack who?

What do you mean by "attack"?
This was you who wrote this, right?
What bothers me is when the growing segment of Christian Nationals want to impose their beliefs on people who aren't Christian Nationalists. I damned sure don't want them OR ANY RELIGION in my government. No 10 Commandments posted on the walls of courthouses or schools or public building. None of that. No state sponsored religion. No religious values imposed on the public with public funds on public property.

That certainly looks like an attack to me.
And I not even a religious person. Just one who believes religion and Christianity helped to found this country.

In trainings, Florida tells teachers that religion belongs in public life​

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — New civics training for Florida public school teachers comes with a dose of Christian dogma, some teachers say, and they worry that it also sanitizes history and promotes inaccuracies.

Included in the training is the statement that it is a “misconception” that “the Founders desired strict separation of church and state.”
Other materials included fragments of statements that were “cherry-picked” to present a more conservative view of American history, some attendees said. In a possible effort to inoculate some Founding Fathers against contemporary political complaints, some slides in a presentation pointed out that George Washington and Thomas Jefferson repudiated slavery; unsaid is that both men held enslaved people and helped worked toward a Constitution that enshrined the practice.

“My takeaway from the training is that civics education in the state of Florida right now is geared toward pushing some particular points of view,” said Broward County teacher Richard Judd, who attended the three-day training. “The thesis they ran with is that there is no real separation of church and state.”
The First Amendment prevents the government from “respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,” which scholars widely interpret to require a separation of church and state.

Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) has made civics teaching a cornerstone of his education policy, and he says he’s fighting back against “woke indoctrination” of students by teachers from kindergarten to colleges.

“We’re unabashedly promoting civics and history that is accurate and that is not trying to push an ideological agenda,” DeSantis said at an event this week.

In Florida, he said, students are “learning the real history, you’re learning the real facts.” DeSantis has signed into law new civics curriculum standards, introduced last year for middle-schoolers, which met with little opposition from teachers, who say they are comprehensive and apolitical.
But the “civics bootcamps” DeSantis launched this summer to instruct teachers on how to implement the curriculum have alarmed many in public schools. Judd said the trainers told teachers, “This is the way you should think.”

“One of the insulting assumptions was that we’re all these woke indoctrinators, and so they were presenting a remedy for that,” Judd said.
The training sessions began last month and will continue through July for teachers who volunteer to take them. While not mandated by the state, they come with a $700 stipend for three-day sessions, with a chance to earn a $3,000 bonus and a “Civics Seal of Endorsement.”
Anna Fusco, president of the Broward Teachers Union, said she’s glad the state isn’t mandating the training, but that many teachers are signing up to get the stipends. She said union members who attended the training sessions said they were being told to present to students “only one side of history.”

“It was basically, it’s this way or no way, like there’s only one side to American history,” Fusco said. “Then they kind of slipped in a Christian values piece, ignoring the fact that this country is made up of so many different cultures and religions.”

Ce

Good bye Florida.

My journey to sobriety began there. I have no reason to ever return and found no one in Florida interesting enough to ever miss.

But knowing this is good. every now and then I see a florida license plate so now I know who to absolutely avoid at all cost.

Good bye Florida.

My journey to sobriety began there. I have no reason to ever return and found no one in Florida interesting enough to ever miss.

But knowing this is good. every now and then I see a florida license plate so now I know who to absolutely avoid at all cost.
Good point. You might be stuck on the road sometime and a car with a FL license plate might come up to help you.
Then you can wave them off and feel good about your distaste for Floridians.

Good point. You might be stuck on the road sometime and a car with a FL license plate might come up to help you.
Then you can wave them off and feel good about your distaste for Floridians.

Highly unlikely.

But, based on the disdain I get from Americans were still not even.

Disdain is your middle name

The republicans are institutionalizing their brainwashing efforts.

It's the logical next step.

They are trying an end run around the separation of church and state and it needs to cost them dearly.

Florida needs to lose access to all federal student loan funds, they must not be allowed to participate in professional sports (MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL, WWE), no games (super bowl, playoffs, pay-per-view events) can be held in Florida and there must be no students from Florida accepted to colleges outside of Florida.

Likewise, no movies or TV programming can be filmed, edited, or debuted in Florida.

Florida must face 50%-75% in additional costs for locals to go to Disney theme parks, the citizens of Florida must pick up the extra costs of life without the Reedy Creek district.

All government travel to Florida must be cancelled. All government relations with Florida must be cut off.

Florida politicians and their families leaving Florida for travel must pay 50% more than travelers from other states. Non-political families leaving Florida must pay 25% more for everything. Florida will go hand-in-hand with poverty.

Florida must be held accountable for their behavior until it changes and until DeSantis and his KKK buddies are not in office.

Im so ready for my generation to kick this bastard out.

This was you who wrote this, right?
What bothers me is when the growing segment of Christian Nationals want to impose their beliefs on people who aren't Christian Nationalists. I damned sure don't want them OR ANY RELIGION in my government. No 10 Commandments posted on the walls of courthouses or schools or public building. None of that. No state sponsored religion. No religious values imposed on the public with public funds on public property.

That certainly looks like an attack to me.
And I not even a religious person. Just one who believes religion and Christianity helped to found this country.

Let me help clarify your confusion. I will state this clearly.

I have no issue with Christianity in and of itself. Most all my friends and damn near all my family are Christians. I am fine with that.

Christianity doesn’t work for me. If it did I’d be a Christian.

Christianity is a religion.

Christian Nationalism is a political ideology, a political movement. I do not in any way support Christian Nationalism.

I have no issue with Christianity in and of itself. Most all my friends and damn near all my family are Christians. I am fine with that.

Christian Nationalism is a political ideology, a political movement. I do not in any way support Christian Nationalism.

Christian Nationalism is, in and of itself, a racist ideology.

OK. You made your point clear.
You don't care for Christian Nationalism. I really don't know what that means. I don't support it because I don't know anything about it. So you and I can remain friends because we both agree on not supporting Christian Nationalism.
I hate it when I don't know anything about something someone might accuse me of believing.
I had to look it up and I never want someone to think I am a Christian Nationalist.
So, thanks to you, I have learned something.

I mean it is what they project with the entire anti woke crap.
Funny how anti-WOKEism is turning into a big campaign theme for Trump, DeSantis, Haley, and Ramaswamy.
I think they are on the right track.

Funny how anti-WOKEism is turning into a big campaign theme for Trump, DeSantis, Haley, and Ramaswamy.
I think they are on the right track.

Yeah, preaching insanity to the base worked out so well for Sarah Palin,

Believing Christianity has a place in our future is the same as investing in the Edsel car company

FFS read my signature I am not a Democrat.
You are not a Democrat and you call the four hopeful GOP candidates "traitors"? You were referring to those names I mentioned?
If so, do you any GOP hopeful?

Back
Top Bottom