• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Our Enemies, The Israelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
The answer is because the US government has been infested at all levels by agents of Israel. Many are so called "dual citizens". Former comptroller of the Pentagon Dov Zakheim is a prime example of this infestation. In his time at the controlls of the pentagon 3 trillion dollars dissappeared and there were wholesale giveaways of billions of US military hardware to Israel under the guise of unloading surplus.

Following Zakheim and Pentagon trillions to Israel and 9-11

Following Zakheim and Pentagon trillions to Israel and 9-11By Jerry Mazza
Online Journal Associate Editor

Jul 31, 2006, 00:19

Email this article
Printer friendly page

Think of this as part two of Recherche du trillions perdu, my Online Journal article on Dov Zakheim, former Bush appointee as Pentagon Comptroller from May 4, 2001 to March 10, 2004. At that time he was unable to explain the disappearance of $1 trillion dollars. Actually, nearly three years earlier, Donald Rumsfeld announced on September 10, 2001 that an audit discovered $2.3 trillion was also missing from the Pentagon books. That story, as I mentioned, was buried under 9-11’s rubble. The two sums disappeared on Zakheim’s watch.

Yet on May 6, 2004, Zakheim took a lucrative position at Booz Allen Hamilton, one of the most prestigious strategy consulting firms in the world. One of its clients then was Blessed Relief, a charity said to be a front for Osama bin Laden. Booz, Allen & Hamilton then also worked closely with DARPA, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, which is the research arm of the Department of Defense. So the dark card was shifted to another part of the deck.

Judicial Inc’s bio of Dov (linked below) tells us Zakheim was/is a dual Israeli/American citizen and an ordained rabbi and had been tracking the halls of US government for 25 years, casting defense policy and influence on Presidents Reagan, Clinton, Bush Sr. and Bush Jr. He is, as I described him earlier, the bionic Zionist. In fact, Judicial Inc points out that most of Israel’s armaments were gotten thanks to him. Squads of US F-16 and F-15 were classified military surplus and sold to Israel at a fraction of their value."

This article doesn't make any sense to me. Where would that $1 trillion missing money even come from? The entire military budget around the time was only around $300 to $450 billion each year. There's no way that much of their budget could "disappear".

As for the $2.3 trillion, here's a DoD news article:

Defense.gov News Article: Zakheim Seeks To Corral, Reconcile 'Lost' Spending

That money didn't fall down a hole, but is simply waiting to be accounted for, Zakheim said in a Feb. 14 interview with the American Forces Information Service.

DoD financial experts, Zakheim said, are making good progress reconciling the department's "lost" expenditures, trimming them from a prior estimated total of $2.3 trillion to $700 billion. And, he added, the amount continues to drop.

Isn't there a section for consipacy theories. What the heck does this have to do with the ME!

If it's not quantifiable, how can anyone have determined that Pro-Israeli lobbies wield undue influence in comparison to other lobbying groups?

Its not that the influence is "undue" its that its the largest. It has also been called the most effective and I can only imagine how such a thing could be in abstraction as I don't completely understand how lobbying works atm.

For balance, if one is going to read Justin Raimondo, then they should also read Mitchell Bard.

In this authoritative history—the first in over twenty-five years to investigate the scope and activities of the Arab Lobby—Mitchell Bard provides a timely and valuable corrective to the unbalanced view of Middle East affairs that is so widely promoted today.

The so-called Israel lobby has been widely denounced and demonized in the media, but its power pales in comparison to the decades-long corruption of American interests by Arab governments. Indeed, for more than seventy years, U.S. policy in the Middle East has been shaped not by the power of a nefarious "Israel lobby" but by a misguided emphasis on pleasing and placating the Arab states. This outlook has ensured that the United States pays disproportionate attention to their demands, assisting Arab countries—all of them dictatorial regimes with abysmal human rights records—that do not share our values, and often work to subvert our interests.

Amazon.com: The Arab Lobby: The Invisible Alliance That Undermines America's Interests in the Middle East: Mitchell Bard: Books

For balance, if one is going to read Justin Raimondo, then they should also read Mitchell Bard.

Amazon.com: The Arab Lobby: The Invisible Alliance That Undermines America's Interests in the Middle East: Mitchell Bard: Books

I agree that all views should be given a forum for the sake of balance. I also agree that the Saudi-Bush-Cheney connection and other unions with other corrupt Arabic oiligarchies also undermines Americas interests . However it seems that in today's US, only anti-Islamic anti-Arabic material is deemed credible and any anti-Israeli material such as that displayed in the OP of this thread is met with baseless unsupported kneejerk squeals of anti-semitism. It is always best to read the material and judge it on its merits. None of the detractors of Mr Raimondo's assertions have challenged them, but instead have resorted to baseless ad hom attacks. Another learned and highly educated man, Jeff Gates has written a great deal on the subject of our Middle East policy. I find Mr Gates to be credible and highly informative.

Criminal State Documentary | Criminal State

Watch the short documentary and if you disagree with the assertions made then refute them point by point.

That would be this Mitchell Bard...

"Though his publisher, HarperCollins, merely refers to Bard as an “authority” on U.S.-Israel relations, he is in fact a former editor of a weekly newsletter put out by AIPAC (the American Israel Public Affairs Committee), the main organization behind the Israel lobby. Bard is currently the head of the American-Israeli Cooperative Enterprise, a nonprofit advocate for Israel."

As Newsweek points out in its review, hardly a recognised historian.

Despite that I may give it a go.

Justin Raimondo and Jeff Gates are independent Journalists who don't represent any lobbies or foreign governments. Mitchell Bard is just another Israeli agent who has infested the US body politic. His writings are not objective but unmitigated propaganda.

Another learned and highly educated man, Jeff Gates has written a great deal on the subject of our Middle East policy. I find Mr Gates to be credible and highly informative.
Jeff gates is a well known conspiracist author and is rabidly anti-Israel. Reading Gates is akin to reading Hitler's views on Poland.

That would be this Mitchell Bard...

"Though his publisher, HarperCollins, merely refers to Bard as an “authority” on U.S.-Israel relations, he is in fact a former editor of a weekly newsletter put out by AIPAC (the American Israel Public Affairs Committee), the main organization behind the Israel lobby. Bard is currently the head of the American-Israeli Cooperative Enterprise, a nonprofit advocate for Israel."
Perhaps no one knows the American political lobby world better than Mitchell Bard.

As Newsweek points out in its review, hardly a recognised historian.
Neither is Justin Raimondo. Mr. Raimondo is a political hack from Nancy Pelosi's district in California. Although he has campaigned for different political slots numerous times, he has never won an election. He is an anti-war activist who has criticized every US military endeavor since Bosnia. He has also supported the numerous presidential aspirations of Pat Buchanan, whose views on Jews are fairly well known.

Despite that I may give it a go.
One should examine different viewpoints from legitimate author's who are intimate with the topic.

Not to change the subject, but I just finished reading an eye-opener...

Son Of Hamas: A Gripping Account Of Terror, Betrayal, Political Intrigue, And Unthinkable Choices
Mosab Hassan Yousef - Salt River Books - 2010

The author is the son of Sheikh Hassan Yousef, one of the founders of Hamas. Mosab chronicles his life in the West Bank, how he joined Hamas, his arrest and life in prison, his conversion to Christianity, and how he came to detest Hamas. He has since applied for political asylum in the United States.

Jeff gates is a well known conspiracist author and is rabidly anti-Israel. Reading Gates is akin to reading Hitler's views on Poland.

Perhaps no one knows the American political lobby world better than Mitchell Bard.

Neither is Justin Raimondo. Mr. Raimondo is a political hack from Nancy Pelosi's district in California. Although he has campaigned for different political slots numerous times, he has never won an election. He is an anti-war activist who has criticized every US military endeavor since Bosnia. He has also supported the numerous presidential aspirations of Pat Buchanan, whose views on Jews are fairly well known.

One should examine different viewpoints from legitimate author's who are intimate with the topic.

Not to change the subject, but I just finished reading an eye-opener...

Son Of Hamas: A Gripping Account Of Terror, Betrayal, Political Intrigue, And Unthinkable Choices
Mosab Hassan Yousef - Salt River Books - 2010

The author is the son of Sheikh Hassan Yousef, one of the founders of Hamas. Mosab chronicles his life in the West Bank, how he joined Hamas, his arrest and life in prison, his conversion to Christianity, and how he came to detest Hamas. He has since applied for political asylum in the United States.

You know what, I am open to reading things written by pro-Israeli writers but the constant whines of antisemite when an opposing view is put forwards, no matter how polemical, just drives me nuts. It is a cheap shot and I would not want to be a friend to a group of cheap shot artists vis a vis the thread topic

Moderator's Warning:
This thread has so many violations and posters posting in it have already received quite a few consequences. I see little here other than baiting and attacks. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom