• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Our civilisation is pathetic. [W:459]

Is our civilisation pathetic?

• Total voters

Maximus Zeebra

MoG
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Do you agree with the statement (above)?

What a ridiculous world, full of ridiculous countries, and their naive peoples.

Every single person on this planet is ready to embrace a world society that makes sense. A society where we all get along and cooperate, a society where no one starves, where no one suffers. Everyone is ready to live in and contribute to a society where people do not live under horrific conditions. Everyone is ready to embrace a society where we all cooperate for a better world. Everyone is ready to embrace a society which is well organised and stable with a model that doesn't look like its made by monkeys. Everyone is ready for a society without all the lies, the deceit, manipulation and corruption. Everyone is ready to embrace a free society rather than be jailed and restricted by their governments. Everyone is ready to be free and open their mind instead of being narrow minded and controlled. Everyone is ready to embrace a society where everyone else is good and kind. Everyone is ready to live on a clean and wonderful planet. Everyone is ready to embrace useful change. Everyone wants quality. Everyone is ready for a fair economic system that make sense. Everyone wants everyone else to smile. Everyone wants a world of joy. Everyone wants to be safe. Everyone wants to experience fantastic and great things. Everyone wants to breathe clean air, everyone wants to drink pure water, everyone wants to eat delicious food. We all want to be happy. Everyone wants to live on a planet where everyone else is happy. Everyone wants a planet where everyone have all these things. Everyone wants to have a just society.

But no. We have a society full of corruption, our planet is turning into a horrible hole, we are ruining the only place we have. We fight wars AGAINST OURSELVES. We lie, we manipulate, we are cruel to each others. We live on deception. Everyone is trapped in a society with massive brainwashing, where they have no ability to think for themselves any longer. We let the governments take all power and leave only an illusion to the people. Our society look like its organised by monkeys and savages. People starve, die of thirst and suffer every single minute. Our society is completely unstable so we choose not to cooperate and rather work against each others. For anyone who is awake and not an idiot, our society doesnt make sense at all. We poison our own food, we pollute our drinking water and soil, we empty the oceans, we live in really ugly cities. The government is hugging us so hard that they are suffocating us. Our rights are taken away day by day. We only care about profit. Everything we buy is low quality junk. Most people either steal from others as a criminal act or as a legal job, most people think only of them self. Most people say cruel things to others and try to create disharmony since they have no harmony themselves. We all feel bad.

So f*** the US, they are now the worst.
...and Europe, we are on the same slippery slope.

We step on the shoulders of the poor and suffering, we abuse other nations, we wage wars against them and kill their families, we poison their minds with unsound logic, we pretend we have democracy and stand and step on freedom and choice. We do most of the above things. We suck actually. We are immoral bastards.

So, aside from the crooks in the US and Europe, how is the rest of the world? A damn slave labour camp, and those who don't do that, they suffer and die every day, from starvation or thirst or just horrid general conditions.

This is ONE planet. We are ALL responsible to look at ourselves as ONE people. If someone from outside looked at this place, YOU would be considered one of those idiots on a planet with such a pathetic civilisation.

Personally I am deeply ashamed to be a human being, being part of such a pathetic civilisation among people who do such horrendous things. I feel deeply ashamed that we let the people suffer, starve and die when we can EASILY do something about it. I feel sorry for all the dumb-asses who believe we live in good and free societies. Its probably because you only have trash to compare with.

Take your head out of the sand and vote.

Last edited:
It is quite obvious that your repeated use of the word EVERYONE was wrong the first time you used it and is only compounded by its repeated use.

Don't you think the problem may be that some people think they know what EVERYONE else thinks, wants and needs?

It is quite obvious that your repeated use of the word EVERYONE was wrong the first time you used it and is only compounded by its repeated use.

Yeah, thats right. Stick to the relevant bits like your government tought you.

Every single person on this planet is ready to embrace a world society that makes sense. A society where we all get along and cooperate, a society where no one starves, where no one suffers. Everyone is ready to live in and contribute to a society where people do not live under horrific conditions. Everyone is ready to embrace a society where we all cooperate for a better world. Everyone is ready to embrace a society which is well organised and stable with a model that doesn't look like its made by monkeys. Everyone is ready for a society without all the lies, the deceit, manipulation and corruption. Everyone is ready to embrace a free society rather than be jailed and restricted by their governments. Everyone is ready to be free and open their mind instead of being narrow minded and controlled. Everyone is ready to embrace a society where everyone else is good and kind. Everyone is ready to live on a clean and wonderful planet. Everyone is ready to embrace useful change. Everyone wants quality. Everyone is ready for a fair economic system that make sense. Everyone wants everyone else to smile. Everyone wants a world of joy. Everyone wants to be safe. Everyone wants to experience fantastic and great things. Everyone wants to breathe clean air, everyone wants to drink pure water, everyone wants to eat delicious food. We all want to be happy. Everyone wants to live on a planet where everyone else is happy. Everyone wants a planet where everyone have all these things. Everyone wants to have a just society.

But no. We have a society full of corruption, our planet is turning into a horrible hole, we are ruining the only place we have. We fight wars AGAINST OURSELVES. We lie, we manipulate, we are cruel to each others. We live on deception. Everyone is trapped in a society with massive brainwashing, where they have no ability to think for themselves any longer. We let the governments take all power and leave only an illusion to the people. Our society look like its organised by monkeys and savages. People starve, die of thirst and suffer every single minute. Our society is completely unstable so we choose not to cooperate and rather work against each others. For anyone who is awake and not an idiot, our society doesnt make sense at all. We poison our own food, we pollute our drinking water and soil, we empty the oceans, we live in really ugly cities. The government is hugging us so hard that they are suffocating us. Our rights are taken away day by day. We only care about profit. Everything we buy is low quality junk. Most people either steal from others as a criminal act or as a legal job, most people think only of them self. Most people say cruel things to others and try to create disharmony since they have no harmony themselves. We all feel bad.

We step on the shoulders of the poor and suffering, we abuse other nations, we wage wars against them and kill their families, we poison their minds with unsound logic, we pretend we have democracy and stand and step on freedom and choice. We do most of the above things. We suck actually. We are immoral bastards.

So, aside from the crooks in the US and Europe, how is the rest of the world? A damn slave labour camp, and those who don't do that, they suffer and die every day, from starvation or thirst or just horrid general conditions.

This is ONE planet. We are ALL responsible to look at ourselves as ONE people. If someone from outside looked at this place, YOU would be considered one of those idiots on a planet with such a pathetic civilisation.

Personally I am deeply ashamed to be a human being, being part of such a pathetic civilisation among people who do such horrendous things. I feel deeply ashamed that we let the people suffer, starve and die when we can EASILY do something about it. I feel sorry for all the dumb-asses who believe we live in good and free societies. Its probably because you only have trash to compare with.

What the holy hell are you talking about? You say that " Every single person on this planet is ready to embrace a world society that makes sense." I'm not! I don't want these interconnected economies and what happens thousands of miles away hurts us here at home. I don't want to see the continued offshoring of jobs from the US to this country or that country.

"Everyone is ready for a society without all the lies, the deceit, manipulation and corruption." All societies have those things! They mainly come from the power elite to persuade you to do what they want.

"Everyone is trapped in a society with massive brainwashing, where they have no ability to think for themselves any longer. We let the governments take all power and leave only an illusion to the people. " On that, we can agree. The government here and governments abroad do have too much power and it is time for the people to take back that power.

"So, aside from the crooks in the US and Europe, how is the rest of the world? A damn slave labour camp, and those who don't do that, they suffer and die every day, from starvation or thirst or just horrid general conditions." Actually that's false. Look at Japan, Australia, South Africa and the like.

While you do have some good points, your argument is degraded by lack of sentence variation, lack of grammatical structure (no paragraphs), and lack of actual solutions to the problem. You say go out and vote and yet you fail to realize that the American people don't have too much control over our government, it is mainly in the hands of lobbyists and corporations. So, in that sense, how is it logical to vote when you realize that you don't have control over your own government?

Don't you think the problem may be that some people think they know what EVERYONE else thinks, wants and needs?

Thats why there is a poll.

All the other things in the post are just examples of alternatives and some of the things that are extremely bad.

You know how I know you're way too arrogant to think reasonably? You're signature's quote is one from yourself, and it ironically mentions preaching.

Take a step back, and realize you aren't as smart as you think you are.

What the holy hell are you talking about? You say that " Every single person on this planet is ready to embrace a world society that makes sense." I'm not! I don't want these interconnected economies and what happens thousands of miles away hurts us here at home. I don't want to see the continued offshoring of jobs from the US to this country or that country.

"Everyone is ready for a society without all the lies, the deceit, manipulation and corruption." All societies have those things! They mainly come from the power elite to persuade you to do what they want.

"Everyone is trapped in a society with massive brainwashing, where they have no ability to think for themselves any longer. We let the governments take all power and leave only an illusion to the people. " On that, we can agree. The government here and governments abroad do have too much power and it is time for the people to take back that power.

"So, aside from the crooks in the US and Europe, how is the rest of the world? A damn slave labour camp, and those who don't do that, they suffer and die every day, from starvation or thirst or just horrid general conditions." Actually that's false. Look at Japan, Australia, South Africa and the like.

While you do have some good points, your argument is degraded by lack of sentence variation, lack of grammatical structure (no paragraphs), and lack of actual solutions to the problem. You say go out and vote and yet you fail to realize that the American people don't have too much control over our government, it is mainly in the hands of lobbyists and corporations. So, in that sense, how is it logical to vote when you realize that you don't have control over your own government?

Well, you are obviously not very open minded.

My post was intended as is. You can interpret it however you want. I just think you should open your mind in general.

Don't stay in the box.

My post was intended as is. You can interpret it however you want. I just think you should open your mind in general.

Don't stay in the box.

You claim to speak for every person on the planet then someone says you don't speak for them, your first thought isn't "O I must be wrong because if every person did agree with me this guy wouldn't be disagreeing with me"

Nope, too arrogant to see that.

You know how I know you're way too arrogant to think reasonably? You're signature's quote is one from yourself, and it ironically mentions preaching.

Take a step back, and realize you aren't as smart as you think you are.

well. I could write a million signatures about our society.

I didn't intend to claim I was smart, I intended to claim that our society is pathetic. If you think my post was that clever that you think I intended to be smart, then, thanks!

Don't stay in the box.

Please, explain how I am not open minded. I just found problems with what you wrote, factual problems. How does that mean I am not open minded?

And really what you said wasn't even a serious response to what I wrote.

You claim to speak for every person on the planet then someone says you don't speak for them, your first thought isn't "O I must be wrong because if every person did agree with me this guy wouldn't be disagreeing with me"

Nope, too arrogant to see that.

You take things far too literally. Perhaps people in your country cannot have free opinions anymore, but in Europe we are still free to have opinions without getting attacked in unconstructive ways.

Please, explain how I am not open minded. I just found problems with what you wrote, factual problems. How does that mean I am not open minded?

And really what you said wasn't even a serious response to what I wrote.

The world is not only about facts.

Not really, no.

EVERYONE wants to live in a good world.
This may be true, the issue is that not everyone agrees on the definition of what a good world is.
To some a good world would be a Caliphate, a completely Islamic world,
To others a good world might be unlimited freedom of expression,
Still others may not think the world good, until they had complete control.

You take things far too literally. Perhaps people in your country cannot have free opinions anymore, but in Europe we are still free to have opinions without getting attacked in unconstructive ways.

Well, we do seem to be experiencing an exponential parasitic infestation, and I don't just mean Republicans, of the planet by the human race. We rush toward exhaustion of resources and carbon cycle overload simultaneously as if we are heading toward a brick wall at a hundred mph and pretend that the wall is a filament of stray thought and not reality. Technically sophisticated morons. Or not?

This may be true, the issue is that not everyone agrees on the definition of what a good world is.
To some a good world would be a Caliphate, a completely Islamic world,
To others a good world might be unlimited freedom of expression,
Still others may not think the world good, until they had complete control.

Its not true as a fact, but the world is not about facts.

Well, we do seem to be experiencing an exponential parasitic infestation, and I don't just mean Republicans, of the planet by the human race. We rush toward exhaustion of resources and carbon cycle overload simultaneously as if we are heading toward a brick wall at a hundred mph and pretend that the wall is a filament of stray thought and not reality. Technically sophisticated morons. Or not?

As a society we are completely delusional about the world around us.
Come on, if this is the best we can do at this point in our civilisation, then we are pretty damn tragic.

Last edited:
Every single person on this planet is ready to embrace a world society that makes sense. A society where we all get along and cooperate, a society where no one starves, where no one suffers. Everyone is ready to live in and contribute to a society where people do not live under horrific conditions. Everyone is ready to embrace a society where we all cooperate for a better world.

Even the ones who are willing to strap bombs on themselves and blow them up in order to slay the infidel and thus gain favor with Allah?

I think the world you are describing must be in a parallel universe somewhere.

That may be so. The only problem is, not EVERYONE agrees on the definition of a "good" world.

So, we should listen to everyone, every single individual, and create a good world in the image of every single individual.

Then I think we would end up with a good world anyways.

..who do we listen to today to shape our world? (the most inglouriours basterds)

Even the ones who are willing to strap bombs on themselves and blow them up in order to slay the infidel and thus gain favor with Allah?

I think the world you are describing must be in a parallel universe somewhere.

Why do they do that?

Back
Top Bottom