• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ouch!

Overhead press with 12 lb dumbbells.

Just for the future, make sure your scapula is retracted and depressed the whole time, many time's it's loosing tightness in your upper back that leads to these injuries, also make sure your neck is neutral, and looking forward.

As stated, My suggestion also is rest and Ice, and OTC meds for inflamation, However My chiropracror, tells me 20 mins max with Ice is sufficient........ it freezes the nerve, after that' , so I am saying ice on again off again . Good luck, sports injuries are no fun' :)

Thanks everyone. No pain now and I'm back in the game! :)

Negativity everywhere.......cripe.

In the past 2 years I have been to the funerals of 3 apparently healthy young men who have basically dropped dead playing football..

The ''Gym''is a cult..a place to see and be seen..we have one quite near and I can see the fools on running machines on a bright sunny day..

Why don't they just go for a run in the surrounding countryside??

In the past 2 years I have been to the funerals of 3 apparently healthy young men who have basically dropped dead playing football..

The ''Gym''is a cult..a place to see and be seen..we have one quite near and I can see the fools on running machines on a bright sunny day..

Why don't they just go for a run in the surrounding countryside??

working out in a gym is participating in a cult to the extent that boys who participate in scouting are involved in a cult

any chance you could use a workout?

Do you know what else they had in their system besides a passion for sports?

How many funerals have you been to of people who spent their lives drinking, smoking and eating crap food?

working out in a gym is participating in a cult to the extent that boys who participate in scouting are involved in a cult

any chance you could use a workout?

I get plenty of free workouts thanks..I won't pay some corporate fraudsters to be deemed ''cool'' ;)

Do you know what else they had in their system besides a passion for sports?

How many funerals have you been to of people who spent their lives drinking, smoking and eating crap food?

Quite a few..but none of them were sportsmen..or under 25 years old!!

Quite a few..but none of them were sportsmen..or under 25 years old!!

You're talking about the exception - not the rule. Strength training is important to your overall health.

I'm not afraid of dying at all. I just don't want to hit 40 and have my metabolism slow down even more. And besides, muscles look good on everyone.

You're talking about the exception - not the rule. Strength training is important to your overall health.
I agree.

And I'd like to add that a lot of females think that if they lift weights they will end up looking like this...

female-201.jpg

They don't realize that girls who look like that are not just lifting weights, they are using diuretics, HGH and anabolic steroids.

Girls, I assure you that if you do strength training you will not end up looking like that. What it will do is tone your body.

Right. Since I started lifting, my arms and legs are smaller not larger. Men get muscular and ripped; women get long and lean. Not to mention that building muscle increases your metabolism which allows you to eat more and still look hot. :)

I agree.

And I'd like to add that a lot of females think that if they lift weights they will end up looking like this...

female-201.jpg

They don't realize that girls who look like that are not just lifting weights, they are using diuretics, HGH and anabolic steroids.

Girls, I assure you that if you do strength training you will not end up looking like that. What it will do is tone your body.

Do you have a lot of male/female gyms in Mecca??

I get plenty of free workouts thanks..I won't pay some corporate fraudsters to be deemed ''cool'' ;)
then it would appear you should be able to understand why others do, too
hint: it has NOTHING to do with being in a cult

then it would appear you s

I think it has..right clothes..nice car..buy some crap from the shop..drink a decaffeinated cup of water..compare weight loss/gain..mates see you there.you see them..

How much do you pay for your Gym?

then it would appear you s ...

I think it has..right clothes..nice car..buy some crap from the shop..drink a decaffeinated cup of water..compare weight loss/gain..mates see you there.you see them..
your remarks scream envy

How much do you pay for your Gym?
it has been almost forty years since i was last a gym rat
but i earn north of $40,000 officiating in them as needed

my daughter was just this week finally able to reach her goal of bench pressing her own weight
don't think she would have been able to reach that objective but for having a personal trainer
it's a matter of priorities. enjoying a gym appears low on your list. and that's ok. but i have to wonder why you are so put off by others enjoying getting/staying fit
i would so want to view a current (real) photo of you to see if my (unexpressed) speculation is correct about why your acrimony exists

i would so want to view a current (real) photo of you to see if my (unexpressed) speculation is correct about why your acrimony exists

:lamo...tell me..do you think I rode along the Thames on a bike??

:lamo...tell me..do you think I rode along the Thames on a bike??

personally, i think you would be well under water, with no need of ballast

wolfie,

Why do you assume people who work out are all part of this elitist gym cult (as you call it)?

I was doing my first lifting exercise tonight with 12 lb dumbells and I got this stinging, burning pain in my upper back - like a really bad bee sting. It shocked me enough to make me immediately put down my dumbells and see if an insect actually had stung me. Nothing. I finished my workout and then lifted a heavy box. Bee sting pain again. Ouchie! Anyone know what I should do? Heating pad? Ice pack?

Yep definitely a poltergeist :roll: , you'll have to let me come over and supervise your workout honey pie :2razz:

I get plenty of free workouts thanks..

You work out? What a fool! Everyone's gonna die you know. You're so afraid of death you're afraid to live.

Back
Top Bottom