• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ouch: Conservative writer warns Limbaugh ‘he’s going to get a pay cut’ ............

imyoda

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Ouch: Conservative writer warns Limbaugh ‘he’s going to get a pay cut’ thanks to Sandra Fluke
Ouch: Conservative writer warns Limbaugh ‘he’s going to get a pay cut’ thanks to Sandra Fluke

“According to a Weekly Standard conservative writer for the Weekly Standard and Politico, radio host Rush Limbaugh is looking to take a financial hit in his new contract negotiations because advertisers are still avoiding him like the plague four years after he called then-college student Sandra Fluke a “slut.”
Eight years ago, Limbaugh signed a massive contract paying him $400 million, but that contract is ending and — with advertisers still boycotting — the radio host is looking an equally massive cut in pay.

Just four years after signing his deal, Limbaugh attacked the Georgetown law student on his radio show after she called on Congress to include contraceptive coverage in health care plans.
The next day, Limbaugh tore into her by calling her a “slut” and a “prostitute.”…………..

Is Rush Limbaugh in Trouble? - POLITICO Magazine

Limbaugh’s wise@$$ comments has resulted in the loss of about 100 advertisers and radio stations cancellations in the major markets of New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Chicago………..or about 175 million possible listeners……….

Re: Ouch: Conservative writer warns Limbaugh ‘he’s going to get a pay cut’ ..........

“According to a Weekly Standard conservative writer for the Weekly Standard and Politico, radio host Rush Limbaugh is looking to take a financial hit in his new contract negotiations because advertisers are still avoiding him like the plague four years after he called then-college student Sandra Fluke a “slut.”
Eight years ago, Limbaugh signed a massive contract paying him $400 million, but that contract is ending and — with advertisers still boycotting — the radio host is looking an equally massive cut in pay.

Just four years after signing his deal, Limbaugh attacked the Georgetown law student on his radio show after she called on Congress to include contraceptive coverage in health care plans.
The next day, Limbaugh tore into her by calling her a “slut” and a “prostitute.”…………..

Limbaugh’s wise@$$ comments has resulted in the loss of about 100 advertisers and radio stations cancellations in the major markets of New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Chicago………..or about 175 million possible listeners……….

If revenues go down, salaries might go down. That's the way the market works. That's between Limbaugh and his next gig.

Then again, it might not.

Re: Ouch: Conservative writer warns Limbaugh ‘he’s going to get a pay cut’ ..........

He's made plenty throughout his life.

No star burns forever.

If revenues go down, salaries might go down. That's the way the market works. That's between Limbaugh and his next gig.

Then again, it might not.

Rush the lush is not going to be getting a $400 million dollar contract anymore ..................they may offer him a per diem rate...........ya just never know when he's going to say something that offends half of the world

Rush the lush is not going to be getting a $400 million dollar contract anymore ..................they may offer him a per diem rate...........ya just never know when he's going to say something that offends half of the world

An opinion expressed as a fact. Offending half the world means not offending half the world.

Lol !

San Francisco, Chicago, New York and Los Angeles are major markets for the Conservative listener, are they ?

So his next contract may be only what? $200 million? $300 million? Hopefully he can still scrape by...

I'm amazed people still listen to the windbag. Doesn't that stuff get old? Hell, I can't even get myself to watch a TV series after it's been on a few years. How the hell can anyone listen to a guy saying the same thing over and over again for 20?

Lol !

San Francisco, Chicago, New York and Los Angeles are major markets for the Conservative listener, are they ?

You are aware that radio stations can often be listened to in the suburbs, right?

I'm amazed people still listen to the windbag. Doesn't that stuff get old? Hell, I can't even get myself to watch a TV series after it's been on a few years. How the hell can anyone listen to a guy saying the same thing over and over again for 20?

I hope Limbaugh makes millions and millions and millions. We should all be trying to immolate him actually. Reaching for our full potential and striving to become more than we hoped for. Wouldn't that be wonderful? I mean if we were all able to achieve prosperity like that, there would be no need for big gov't, we would all be self reliant.

He isnt saying the same thing over and over again. Just the opposite, he is usually saying something no one else is saying about whatever new thing is going on. As to the topic, I guess terrorism works. Thats essentially what people who oppose him are engaged in. They monitor everything he says and anyone who advertises during his show and then harass the owners, the employees, the customers, until they stop association.

For example:

A Rush Limbaugh employee is being targeted by left-wing activists who have illegally posted photographs of his immediate family.

Read more: Limbaugh Spox: Activists Targeting Me | The Daily Caller

This really isnt much differnt than the people targeting Trump. They disagree with his speech, and use force to suppress it. Maybe it will work, who knows, but there is no question that these actions are not in the spirit of free speech. And it wont stop the 20 other conservative hosts who have popped up since he started. Anywhere you have free speech, conservatives dominate.

This really isnt much differnt than the people targeting Trump. They disagree with his speech, and use force to suppress it. Maybe it will work, who knows, but there is no question that these actions are not in the spirit of free speech. And it wont stop the 20 other conservative hosts who have popped up since he started. Anywhere you have free speech, conservatives dominate.

I agree. Today's left have a totalitarian mindset. Freedom of speech is a thorn in their side and they hate it when people say things they don't agree with. Limbaugh, Levin, et al are targets to be destroyed. A lot of your leftists go full-on kook mode when people say things for which they don't agree.

There aren't LOLs enough for this. Really, his 400 million dollar contract is expiring? Tell us again why the hell he should care that his next eight years he might be making less than that. His personal wealth is 450 million right now.

So Limbaugh gets $200 million instead of $400 million? What a disaster!

I don't believe anything that liberals write about Limbaugh, so I'll wait to find out what the truth is.

OH yeah. I remember that fiasco. The girl that wanted to screw like a bunny rabbit and have everyone else pay for her BC pills.

I agree. Today's left have a totalitarian mindset. Freedom of speech is a thorn in their side and they hate it when people say things they don't agree with. Limbaugh, Levin, et al are targets to be destroyed. A lot of your leftists go full-on kook mode when people say things for which they don't agree.

Meanwhile, conservatives just dont listen. No need to go crazy. Dont like Maddow, dont watch.

Lol !

Radio...large markets, advertising potential. You can charge more if you are in a big city with a "big stick" radio station, Rush was on KFI 640 in LA, one of the most powerful stations in the nation, it can be heard all the way to Albuquerque. It has an amazing daytime range as well. They dumped him and put him on a crappy low watt unidirectional station. And the station is thriving, they have conservative local hosts, and lots of listeners.

The more you know.....

There aren't LOLs enough for this. Really, his 400 million dollar contract is expiring? Tell us again why the hell he should care that his next eight years he might be making less than that. His personal wealth is 450 million right now.

Its not about the money. They want to rejoice in any diminishment of him, as he is their greatest opponent. I dont even have a problem with that, as I enjoy liberal failure too, but rather I dont like their willingness to use force to achieve it.

Meanwhile, conservatives just dont listen. No need to go crazy. Dont like Maddow, dont watch.

Not sure I follow you. "Conservatives don't listen?" "Go crazy?" "Maddow?"

Come again.

Democrats:

Rush Limbaugh is a nonsensical windbag with a meaningless message, and should be discounted by intellectual people.

Democrats:

We need a radio fairness act to prevent guys like Limbaugh from demonstrating free speech by having a alternate view with federally regulated equal air time on the sponsors dime.

Last edited:

Democrats:

Rush Limbaugh is a nonsensical windbag with a meaningless message, and should be discounted by intellectual people.

Democrats:

We need a radio fairness act to prevent guys like Limbaugh from demonstrating free speech.

Sumb*tch.

That's a good one.

I think you earned the wrath of the kooker leftists.

Not sure I follow you. "Conservatives don't listen?" "Go crazy?" "Maddow?"

Come again.

Conservatives dont go out an protest everything everyone says. They just ignore it. I swear a good chunk of ratings Fox or Limbaugh gets is liberals listening so they can find something to outrage about.

Back
Top Bottom