• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ottawa's core locked down as police prepare to move on protesters

Allan

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
The police operation to remove protesters in Ottawa began about 20 minutes ago. The police seem to be arresting people on foot to start with. I'm sure Ottawa residents, sick of the disruption and noise will be cheering this on.

Ottawa's downtown core remains locked down Friday morning as police are expected to move in on protesters who have been illegally occupying the core of the capital for three weeks.

Anyone travelling into the so-called red zone, which includes Parliament Hill, must pass through police checkpoints.

A winter storm warning and significant overnight snowfall created hazardous winter conditions Friday morning, further adding complications and delays to travel in the city.

The House of Commons cancelled its Friday sitting due to expected police action on Wellington Street and other parts of downtown, temporarily suspending the debate on the use of the Emergencies Act.

Link

The police operation to remove protesters in Ottawa began about 20 minutes ago. The police seem to be arresting people on foot to start with. I'm sure Ottawa residents, sick of the disruption and noise will be cheering this on.

Link

Good to see.

According to some of the citizens of Trump Fan Nation in this board, the truckers are just as righteous as Susan B Anthony whose actions resulted in women finally getting to vote after centuries of being oppressed, and MLK's actions resulting in black people no longer being held in bondage or being the victims of oppression as they were for hundreds of years.

I mean, doesn't everyone compare the treatments of blacks and the oppression of women with having to get a free shot?

These Neanderthals could have just got a small needle prick and been working.

Ah well, they think If they pretend to be victims akin to Jews in Nazi Germany they get a prize at the end.

Morons.
This is just the beginning of their problems. Their rigs are going to be siezed, bank accounts frozen and insurance suspended.

They're a very small group and have little support in Canada.

This is just the beginning of their problems. Their rigs are going to be siezed, bank accounts frozen and insurance suspended.

We have talked about this before and while I think it’s still a minority (and a vocal one at that) it’s more sizable than you think.

For years I’ve been talking about the rise of nativist thinking among white Canadians and they are becoming more vocal and visible and it is worrying to me.

I see conservatism in Canada becoming more extreme than when I first came, I see national identity becoming more rigid among many of its white supporters and when you look at Saskatchewan and Alberta and Kenny especially, his bid to appeal to these trucker protesters to build a new base overnight was so transparent it’s unbelievable you can see how much they want to pivot to these neanderthals.

In BC we seem to be slightly more reasonable, but I worry that Trudeaus actions may be slightly too aggressive and will cause more problems than it will solve in the long run with these wannabe Alabama trailer park freedumb folks.

But we’ll see…

Link
It is amazing how the left loves a dictator totalitarian state. It happens every time they take control.

According to some of the citizens of Trump Fan Nation in this board, the truckers are just as righteous as Susan B Anthony whose actions resulted in women finally getting to vote after centuries of being oppressed, and MLK's actions resulting in black people no longer being held in bondage or being the victims of oppression as they were for hundreds of years.

I mean, doesn't everyone compare the treatments of blacks and the oppression of women with having to get a free shot?
No wonder they're the darlings of the CEC!

We have talked about this before and while I think it’s still a minority (and a vocal one at that) it’s more sizable than you think.

For years I’ve been talking about the rise of nativist thinking among white Canadians and they are becoming more vocal and visible and it is worrying to me.

I see conservatism in Canada becoming more extreme than when I first came, I see national identity becoming more rigid among many of its white supporters and when you look at Saskatchewan and Alberta and Kenny especially, his bid to appeal to these trucker protesters to build a new base overnight was so transparent it’s unbelievable you can see how much they want to pivot to these neanderthals.

In BC we seem to be slightly more reasonable, but I worry that Trudeaus actions may be slightly too aggressive and will cause more problems than they will solve in the long run with these wannabe Alabama trailer park freedom folks.

But we’ll see…
I agree, the move to the far right is more and more apparent. Although they exist in every Province, the Western provinces seem to be the epicentre. I'm fairly certain that Poilievre will win the leadership but it will leave a deeply divided Conservative party. One can't help but wonder if another split ala Manning may happen again. Nonetheless, as much of a mess, Trudeau has made of so many things I think a sharp move to the far-right by choosing Poilievre likely ensures another Liberal win down the road. If the Conservatives could pick a moderate leader I think they could easily oust the Liberals. I heard Charest was thinking of throwing his hat in the ring.

It's amazing how some on the right love an illegal occupation when it's white extremists.
There's been reports of property damage, rock throwing, assaults, and the presence of weapons/ammunition:

But they've been TOTALLY more peaceful than Black Lives Matter protests, and that's the ONLY reason conservatives and their media hail these freeberty fighters as champions of freeberty. *wink wink nudge nudge*

p.s. Send TP and snacks, freeberty fighting is a hungry and dirty business.

I agree, the move to the far right is more and more apparent. Although they exist in every Province, the Western provinces seem to be the epicentre. I'm fairly certain that Poilievre will win the leadership but it will leave a deeply divided Conservative party. One can't help but wonder if another split ala Manning may happen again. Nonetheless, as much of a mess, Trudeau has made of so many things I think a sharp move to the far-right by choosing Poilievre likely ensures another Liberal win down the road. If the Conservatives could pick a moderate leader I think they could easily oust the Liberals. I heard Charest was thinking of throwing his hat in the ring.

You know what’s interesting about that, I’ve noticed on any YouTube video with Canadian news there seems to be a concerted effort by either this vocal minority or foreign bots to smash every comment section with anti Vax stuff or whatever.

With Pierre…

It’s insane, every video absolutely goes wild with “he’s so reasonable” “I’m a liberal voter but he’s so smart and stuff and I’ll definitely vote for him” “this country has hope after all”.

Like, I think there is a concerted effort in the social media space to shift things a certain way by… someone, bots, maybe a foreign power, some real warped people but take a look at vaccine or Covid stories on global or city news (CBC 99% of the time turns off comments) and Pierre’s videos on YouTube and you’ll see what I’m talking about.

Cause it doesn’t sound like any regular Canadians I know.

I can’t imagine what cesspools like twitter and Facebook must be like.

Indeed, they jizz themselves over shit like this, and the more violent the better.
Yep. Whether it is Biden saying to fire the brave first responders to the clapping like baby seals at a town hall meeting or Trudeau arresting truckers who bring food to us, they just love seeing the strong put down.

I strongly disagree with those actions. The police should absolutely arrest them and they should be tried, but the extrajudicial stuff is bullshit and kinda worry to me to be honest.

I strongly disagree with those actions. The police should absolutely arrest them and they should be tried, but the extrajudicial stuff is bullshit and kinda worry to me to be honest.
It's very possible that those measures won't stand up in court.

Large tow rigs making an appearance now.

Peaceful so far.
Saw one rig leaving, I would say others will as well
The seizure of big rigs when used, should be used sparingly. Unless the situation changes

Best wishes to the brave truckers in Canada as they fight Canada's unlikely dictator.

Since HOPE is the only thing we mortals have, I hope that FATE will put Canada's arrogant little twit of a "leader" in his place.

Back
Top Bottom