• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Other ways cops **** up

Bodi

Just waiting for my set...
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Just ridiculous... in this day and age an innocent person can be locked away for weeks off of something as simple as an identity check?

****ing idiots.

I hope the people who made these bad calls, and not taxpayers, feel the fiscal penalty for their bad decisions.

Just ridiculous... in this day and age an innocent person can be locked away for weeks off of something as simple as an identity check?

****ing idiots.

Agreed, but this happens because of poor training, understaffing, underfunding and the wrong leadership. Need more on how, why she wound up in jail.

I hope the people who made these bad calls, and not taxpayers, feel the fiscal penalty for their bad decisions.
They are one and the same.

This is a vicious cycle. Too many people hate cops. Too many cops should not wear the uniform and shield.

As less people want to become police, standards get lowered to accommodate those retiring. The wrong people become cops and encourage further hatred of LE.

Wash Rinse Repeat….

This is a vicious cycle. Too many people hate cops. Too many cops should not wear the uniform and shield.

As less people want to become police, standards get lowered to accommodate those retiring. The wrong people become cops and encourage further hatred of LE.

Er...I think a lot of the problems we see are from the older cops who are used to working without much accountability. Because of cell phones with cameras, it's a lot harder to boil down situations of police misconduct to "he said, she said". There is a lot more accountability with an objective witness like a video. And those videos are VERY easy to distribute widely.

So, IMO, it's going to take a culture shift among the police officers. It's no longer the wild west where anything they say, goes. They need to start acting more professionally. They need to start acting within the laws that they are sworn to uphold. Otherwise, yes...the cycle will continue:

Bad cops exposed, less people want to become cops, standards are lowered such that more bad cops are hired and:

Wash Rinse Repeat….

It's not about "hating cops"... It's about "hating bad cops".

Er...I think a lot of the problems we see are from the older cops who are used to working without much accountability. Because of cell phones with cameras, it's a lot harder to boil down situations of police misconduct to "he said, she said". There is a lot more accountability with an objective witness like a video. And those videos are VERY easy to distribute widely.

So, IMO, it's going to take a culture shift among the police officers. It's no longer the wild west where anything they say, goes. They need to start acting more professionally. They need to start acting within the laws that they are sworn to uphold. Otherwise, yes...the cycle will continue:

Bad cops exposed, less people want to become cops, standards are lowered such that more bad cops are hired and:

It's not about "hating cops"... It's about "hating bad cops".

We should all hate bad cops. They are a disgrace to those on the job.

Unfortunately, there are people(not saying it’s a majority) who just hate the uniform in general.

IMO, The culture shift needs to be on both the part of the community and law enforcement.

We should all hate bad cops. They are a disgrace to those on the job.

Unfortunately, there are people(not saying it’s a majority) who just hate the uniform in general.

IMO, The culture shift needs to be on both the part of the community and law enforcement.

Some percent of the population believes that Hitler was right...

I think the group you're talking about is a very small minority. Similarly, I think there is a very small minority that support the cops no matter how terrible they may act.

I think most people are in a middle ground where they don't like bad cops.

Wash Rinse Repeat….
I disagree. I think that policing is getting better and better. The problem is some rogue cops that are not catching on to the change and some older cops stuck in their power tripping ways from back in the day.

Some percent of the population believes that Hitler was right...

I think the group you're talking about is a very small minority. Similarly, I think there is a very small minority that support the cops no matter how terrible they may act.

I think most people are in a middle ground where they don't like bad cops.
yeah, but a small percentage of those that condone cops beating on people might be 5 million adults in the USA (2%)

Back
Top Bottom