• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Other than immigration, the lgbt agenda, and god, what does the left and right disagree on?

RBIII

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I guess you could underscore god, may be the root of it all, but for arguments sake lets say it isn't.

It's really frustrating for me when smart people can't agree on things or find common ground. I don't think the left really wants big government, because nobody likes paying taxes and certainty don't want to pay more(or can't afford to), unless you are rich. I also don't think the right wants no government because we wouldn't have the military, police officers, firefighters, or infrastructure.

This society equates winning with financial success, and by that logic there are many winners on both sides.

So what do you think is at the heart of the discourse?

France for example, the left and the right has come together to overthrow a higher power. It seems like we are so far from that here, when that is really what needs to happen.

35 views, no replies, and a like, interesting.

Obvious trollbait is obvious?:shrug:

Trolling? This comes off as trolling? How?

You think i spent time writing this to troll?

Skip to the bottom, why can't we unite like France and put our differences in opinion aside?

35 views, no replies, and a like, interesting.

I'm guessing you didn't get any replies because most of the posters on here are only interested in how bad the "other side" is.

The disagreements between the left and the right are mostly about means of achieving a society that is mostly safe, mostly fair, and mostly prosperous. Even the disagreements about means are not as large as they are usually painted. The extremists on both sides are controlling the conversation.

Skip to the bottom, why can't we unite like France and put our differences in opinion aside?

Allow me to counter, do you support Trump?

If the answer is yes, there's no discussion to be had really. If you don't understand that, well I'm not surprised, but most of the rest of America does.:shrug:

Also, we're not France. Very differnt place, culture. Doesn't matter, the first couple sentences of your post made obvious that you brough all kinds of assumptions to the discussion, pretty obvious trollbait, even if you don't "get" why......

I'm guessing you didn't get any replies because most of the posters on here are only interested in how bad the "other side" is.

The disagreements between the left and the right are mostly about means of achieving a society that is mostly safe, mostly fair, and mostly prosperous. Even the disagreements about means are not as large as they are usually painted. The extremists on both sides are controlling the conversation.

This is what i suspect, i wish the nation could understand this.

If the answer is yes, there's no discussion to be had really. If you don't understand that, well I'm not surprised, but most of the rest of America does.:shrug:

Also, we're not France. Very differnt place, culture. Doesn't matter, the first couple sentences of your post made obvious that you brough all kinds of assumptions to the discussion, pretty obvious trollbait, even if you don't "get" why......

I didn't see it as trolling either. Seemed to be reasonable questions.

What I see as part of the problem in America is based on language - words. Americans apparently can't agree as to just how one is supposed to understand certain words. We all have our own personal biases and those biases/prejudicial views shape our understanding of what one's opponents are saying at times. Then there are those who owing to their personal beliefs, and despite what others see happening, feel they are being oppressed, that their beliefs are being denigrated and they are ostracised as a result.

BUT, I think our largest problem comes from those who are simply ****ing afraid of what they see as a changing society in which their specific group will no longer be in control. They are the ones doing everything they can to stop the changes.

I brought assumptions into the OP so that there was a reference point in the discussion. I don't see how that is trolling. You didn't address the point. Obviously France is different, which is why i am comparing the US to France, because they are different.

I support America (my country) and everybody in it, Trump supports America, we have common ground there. I voted for Obama twice, but would have never voted for Hillary unless there was a gun to my head. I did not vote for Trump.

Now, care to address the point?

Last edited:
I didn't see it as trolling either. Seemed to be reasonable questions.

What I see as part of the problem in America is based on language - words. Americans apparently can't agree as to just how one is supposed to understand certain words. We all have our own personal biases and those biases/prejudicial views shape our understanding of what one's opponents are saying at times. Then there are those who owing to their personal beliefs, and despite what others see happening, feel they are being oppressed, that their beliefs are being denigrated and they are ostracised as a result.

BUT, I think our largest problem comes from those who are simply ****ing afraid of what they see as a changing society in which their specific group will no longer be in control. They are the ones doing everything they can to stop the changes.

It's the automatic assumptions at the beginning. The assumption that the righ has god and the left has nothing. More self described Christians are Democrats than Republicans, but no, he comes off with assumptions,(and they look suspciously like assumptions of supiority or "the high moral ground").

There are other reasons, but that's the most glaringly obvious.

I guess you could underscore god, may be the root of it all, but for arguments sake lets say it isn't.

It's really frustrating for me when smart people can't agree on things or find common ground. I don't think the left really wants big government, because nobody likes paying taxes and certainty don't want to pay more(or can't afford to), unless you are rich. I also don't think the right wants no government because we wouldn't have the military, police officers, firefighters, or infrastructure.

This society equates winning with financial success, and by that logic there are many winners on both sides.

France for example, the left and the right has come together to overthrow a higher power. It seems like we are so far from that here, when that is really what needs to happen.

Just curious, but what exactly does the left and right disagree about god?

I brought assumptions into the OP so that there was a reference point in the discussion. I don't see how that is trolling. You didn't address the point. Obviously France is different, which is why i am comparing the US to France, because they are different.

I support America (my country) and everybody in it, Trump supports America, we have common ground there. I voted for Obama twice, but would have never voted for Hillary unless there was a gun to my head. I did not vote for Trump.

Now, care to address the point?

That is ENTIRELY debateable, and highly questionable.

The biggest reson I will decline is because, regardless of if he got your vote or not, if you see things in that way, it shows that you are unwilling to accept a standrd set of facts to begin with. Trump makes stuff up to support his point, calls it "the facts", there can be no serious discourse there.

It's the automatic assumptions at the beginning. The assumption that the righ has god and the left has nothing. More self described Christians are Democrats than Republicans, but no, he comes off with assumptions,(and they look suspciously like assumptions of supiority or "the high moral ground").

There are other reasons, but that's the most glaringly obvious.

But the left self identifies as atheist for the most part, this is not a charge, they claim it.

Just curious, but what exactly does the left and right disagree about god?

The left by and large don't think there is a god. Or am i mistaken? All the evidence shows me this is true.

The biggest difference between the left and the right revolves around the topic of "diversity."

But the left self identifies as atheist for the most part, this is not a charge, they claim it.

Where did you pull this BS from, your ass?

This is why you weren't here for debate, you come in assuming you know what the left thinks and why they're wrong.:roll:

Wasted enough of my day on your troll thread. You never wanted anything but a plaform to delcare your superiorty. Pathetic, but predictable:lamo

That is ENTIRELY debateable, and highly questionable.

The biggest reson I will decline is because, regardless of if he got your vote or not, if you see things in that way, it shows that you are unwilling to accept a standrd set of facts to begin with. Trump makes stuff up to support his point, calls it "the facts", there can be no serious discourse there.

I didn't even bring Trump into this discussion, you did. Who gives a **** about Trump, he has 8 years at the most, then he will be gone. What he has done is force people to show their cards, and for that i will be grateful forever.

Where did you pull this BS from, your ass?

This is why you weren't here for debate, you come in assuming you know what the left thinks and why they're wrong.:roll:

Wasted enough of my day on your troll thread. You never wanted anything but a plaform to delcare your superiorty. Pathetic, but predictable:lamo

Oh lord, here is 21 mins of a leftist mocking the idea of god, and his audience applauding at every step. The receipts for what i am saying are out there, and if you'd like i can bring you a million examples.

Wasted enough of your time? That's laughable, but please go away if that how you feel. Also if you do find the time to at least click the video, look at the comments, i'm not making this stuff up.

Oh lord, here is 21 mins of a leftist mocking the idea of god, and his audience applauding at every step. The receipts for what i am saying are out there, and if you'd like i can bring you a million examples.

Wasted enough of your time? That's laughable, but please go away if that how you feel. Also if you do find the time to at least click the video, look at the comments, i'm not making this stuff up.

Enjoy the "discussion"....:lamo

The biggest difference between the left and the right revolves around the topic of "diversity."

The left often sites Sweden and countries like Sweden as the model they want, problem is, Sweden is not Diverse. It's a complete contradiction, and now that they are becoming Diverse, they are having major problems.

America is doing pretty well in the Diversity category IMO. So i don't see that as a sticking point, look around, we are diverse AF.

Your thread premise is flawed. The left and right agree on fighting illegal immigration. The left just abandons their actions whena conservative is in charge of doing it. Similarly, many politicians on the left are in CONSTANT praise of God. Idiot leftists just overlook that.

Hillary-Clinton-prayer-900x440.jpg

The left has candidates running for office that:
Want to:
Eliminate borders
Eliminate ICE
The US Senate
The Electoral College
The Supreme Court
The Constitution

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/fiv..._source=mixi&utm_campaign=thepoliticalinsider

Back
Top Bottom