• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Other than immigration, the lgbt agenda, and god, what does the left and right disagree on?

Your thread premise is flawed. The left and right agree on fighting illegal immigration. The left just abandons their actions whena conservative is in charge of doing it. Similarly, many politicians on the left are in CONSTANT praise of God. Idiot leftists just overlook that.

View attachment 67248314

Great picture, i laughed.

I have friends on the left, many of them say, we are all immigrants in regards to immigration. So to deny people access is wrong. To me, that is a very basic and naive understanding of how nations form, with complete disregard as to how they fall.

As far as God goes, i think the left pretends when its beneficial, many on the right aren't pretending.

Last edited:
You should wait till you can act like an adult before you post such garbage as this thread.:roll:

How is it garbage? You have yet to address any points?

I provide you evidence to strengthen my stance, and you disregard. Are you capable of actually saying how you feel?

How is it garbage? You have yet to address any points?

I provide you evidence to strengthen my stance, and you disregard. Are you capable of actually saying how you feel?

Feed your trolling thread? No thanks, you seem fine on your own.:lamo

As I said, you were never here for solutions and compromises, only to have "the high moral ground" and preach down at all the "dummies" who disagree. You're doing fine, now go declare victory and buy yourself a drink!:roll:

As I said, you were never here for solutions and compromises, only to have "the high moral ground" and preach down at all the "dummies" who disagree. You're doing fine, now go declare victory and buy yourself a drink!:roll:

You seem to be the only one who thinks this is a troll, have fun with that.

Who am i trolling? People who don't want to think?

Because you have already provided the other side's opinion before even asking. As if posting a comedy clip has any meaning. It's lost on you, clearly. IDK IDC, But you never were here for discussion and understanding, just to establish your own superiority. Go ahead, declare victory, throw a parade, pat yourelf on the back, I'm done wasting my time on someone who doesn't even see his own efforts for what they are.:2rofll:

JUst be glad you got he validation to your need for attention I guess :shrug: :lamo:cool:

And yet, here you are...

One should never expect a lefty to leave people alone to pursue their own opinions. Lefties just can't stand opinions they disagree with and feel a personal obligation to get stupid about it.

Because you have already provided the other side's opinion before even asking. As if posting a comedy clip has any meaning. It's lost on you, clearly. IDK IDC, But you never were here for discussion and understanding, just to establish your own superiority. Go ahead, declare victory, throw a parade, pat yourelf on the back, I'm done wasting my time on someone who doesn't even see his own efforts for what they are.:2rofll:

JUst be glad you got he validation to your need for attention I guess :shrug: :lamo:cool:

But I've provided what i think are the opinions on both sides. You've focused in on the God part for whatever reason, so, as a slight liberal, do you think there is a God? I'm searching for understanding, not whatever this is.

Great picture, i laughed.

I have friends on the left, many of them say, we are all immigrants in regards to immigration. So to deny people access is wrong. To me, that is a very basic and naive understanding of how nations form, with complete disregard as to how they fall.

As far as God goes, i think the left pretends when its beneficial, many on the right aren't pretending.
Anyone that says 'we are all immigrants' is either a liar or doesnt understand the term. Well...there is a third option. They could be so mentally soft that they have bought into the agenda and talking points promoted by idiot leftists.

On immigration, Chuck Schumer is like a Batman villain...Chuckie Two-Face.

As a bonus, the the new 'Chuckie' weeps on demand.

Anyone that says 'we are all immigrants' is either a liar or doesnt understand the term. Well...there is a third option. They could be so mentally soft that they have bought into the agenda and talking points promoted by idiot leftists.

On immigration, Chuck Schumer is like a Batman villain...Chuckie Two-Face.

As a bonus, the the new 'Chuckie' weeps on demand.

Right, so to me, it's not really about immigration, which is why i took it out of the argument in the OP. I'm trying to get at what is it really?

How is it that France is able to unite to fight a higher power and put their differences aside, but we can't?

I guess you could underscore god, may be the root of it all, but for arguments sake lets say it isn't.

It's really frustrating for me when smart people can't agree on things or find common ground. I don't think the left really wants big government, because nobody likes paying taxes and certainty don't want to pay more(or can't afford to), unless you are rich. I also don't think the right wants no government because we wouldn't have the military, police officers, firefighters, or infrastructure.

This society equates winning with financial success, and by that logic there are many winners on both sides.

So what do you think is at the heart of the discourse?

France for example, the left and the right has come together to overthrow a higher power. It seems like we are so far from that here, when that is really what needs to happen.

In a country with over three hundred million folks, what is smaller government? What exactly does that mean? Part of the discord is religion. One side wants to make a big deal of it, the other side thinks it shouldn't be in politics. Religion also causes the abortion issue to always be a hot button issue for one side. Gun control, most of america wants some form of gun control. Basically one side doesn't, the side aligned with the NRA. One side wants to always give tax cuts to the wealthy and corporate america and the other side to the average american. One side wants to cut food stamps, medicare and if they get their way social security and medicare. The other side wants health care for all. One side claims to be deficit hawks, as they run up the deficit. The other side wants to be more accountable for the way the american tax dollar is spent. And finally one side always claims to be the side that's for law and order and look what they are supporting in the white house now.

Right, so to me, it's not really about immigration, which is why i took it out of the argument in the OP. I'm trying to get at what is it really?

How is it that France is able to unite to fight a higher power and put their differences aside, but we can't?
What is it really about?

Come on.

Politics. And on that hell, the GOP is at least the democrats equal. There are many in the GOP that defended Bush's use of drones but were critical of Obama when he did the same thing. And thats just one of numerous examples.

In a country with over three hundred million folks, what is smaller government? What exactly does that mean? Part of the discord is religion. One side wants to make a big deal of it, the other side thinks it shouldn't be in politics. Religion also causes the abortion issue to always be a hot button issue for one side. Gun control, most of america wants some form of gun control. Basically one side doesn't, the side aligned with the NRA. One side wants to always give tax cuts to the wealthy and corporate america and the other side to the average american. One side wants to cut food stamps, medicare and if they get their way social security and medicare. The other side wants health care for all. One side claims to be deficit hawks, as they run up the deficit. The other side wants to be more accountable for the way the american tax dollar is spent. And finally one side always claims to be the side that's for law and order and look what they are supporting in the white house now.

Smaller government is doing more, with less, the goal is to eliminate all waste, of course waste is an opinion.

All countries have a dominate religion as far as i know, Sweden is a Christian country.

Don't we already have some form of Gun control? A child can't buy a gun legally.

Nobody wants higher taxes, i'm not rich, it would be nice if the rich did more, but they are not obligated too.

You said Medicare twice, but food stamps, medicare, and social security are areas where we should be able to find common ground, the issue is abuse and to what expense at the cost of others?

Both sides run up the deficit, that point i disagree with completely.

Law and Order when it impacts your individual freedom. If Trump is making money with hotels in real estate while he is President, that's no different that what he has done his entire life and makes no difference to the lives of the masses. If he started a war over a real estate deal, that would be a different issue.

Smaller government is doing more, with less, the goal is to eliminate all waste, of course waste is an opinion.

All countries have a dominate religion as far as i know, Sweden is a Christian country.

Don't we already have some form of Gun control? A child can't buy a gun legally.

Nobody wants higher taxes, i'm not rich, it would be nice if the rich did more, but they are not obligated too.

You said Medicare twice, but food stamps, medicare, and social security are areas where we should be able to find common ground, the issue is abuse and to what expense at the cost of others?

Both sides run up the deficit, that point i disagree with completely.

Law and Order when it impacts your individual freedom. If Trump is making money with hotels in real estate while he is President, that's no different that what he has done his entire life and makes no difference to the lives of the masses. If he started a war over a real estate deal, that would be a different issue.

Ok thanks for your answer. I see if trump breaks the law, to you, it doesn't matter. Making money on his real estate is fine but not when he's president. It's against the law. Party of law and order. I see now why people are saying you're trolling.

Ok thanks for your answer. I see if trump breaks the law, to you, it doesn't matter. Making money on his real estate is fine but not when he's president. It's against the law. Party of law and order. I see now why people are saying you're trolling.

It's against the law like going over the speed limit is against the law, not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign is against the law, weed possession is against the law depending on the state. Not all laws are equal. If he is sacrificing the interest of the US in order to make more money, that is what we would all have an issue with, that doesn't seem to be the case.

This is not just my opinion, and again, i am not trolling. Some of you are so quick to dismiss its astonishing.

Also, of all the things i addressed, this is your sticking point.

America is doing pretty well in the Diversity category IMO. So i don't see that as a sticking point, look around, we are diverse AF.

I do see it as a sticking point.

Thanks for teaching this old man the abbreviation "AF." (I'm afraid AF for the future of this country.)

Oh lord, here is 21 mins of a leftist mocking the idea of god, and his audience applauding at every step. The receipts for what i am saying are out there, and if you'd like i can bring you a million examples.

Wasted enough of your time? That's laughable, but please go away if that how you feel. Also if you do find the time to at least click the video, look at the comments, i'm not making this stuff up.

Maher is not a majority on the left, not by a long shot. He has many liberal guests who are persons of religion, he has them on his show all the time.

It's against the law like going over the speed limit is against the law, not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign is against the law, weed possession is against the law depending on the state. Not all laws are equal. If he is sacrificing the interest of the US in order to make more money, that is what we would all have an issue with, that doesn't seem to be the case.

This is not just my opinion, and again, i am not trolling. Some of you are so quick to dismiss its astonishing.

Also, of all the things i addressed, this is your sticking point.

You are justifying trump breaking the law. It doesn't matter what citizen breaks what law but it does matter when the president of the united states willfully and knowingly breaks the law. Some people think that is a big thing.

What is it really about?

Come on.

Politics. And on that hell, the GOP is at least the democrats equal. There are many in the GOP that defended Bush's use of drones but were critical of Obama when he did the same thing. And thats just one of numerous examples.

I agree the Dems and the GOP are equal in their ****ery, i want us to be like France. It's the people up top making all the decisions or lack there of. I don't see why everyone can't have what they want in this land of abundance, and yet we are at each others throats while the people with the power are on vacation.

I do see it as a sticking point.

Thanks for teaching this old man the abbreviation "AF." (I'm afraid AF for the future of this country.)

lol nice one, you don't think America is diverse? The thing about diversity, from what i can see, is that people will still self segregate with their own naturally, especially when their mother tongue is common.

You are justifying trump breaking the law. It doesn't matter what citizen breaks what law but it does matter when the president of the united states willfully and knowingly breaks the law. Some people think that is a big thing.

Problem is, many presidents have broken the law. So Trump merely breaking the law is not a deal breaker because we have been taught as a society that the rich and powerful play by different rules. Search the term Affluenza for example.

Also again, i did not bring Trump into this discussion, because Trump is temporary. He has however made everyone reveal themselves.

I agree the Dems and the GOP are equal in their ****ery, i want us to be like France. It's the people up top making all the decisions or lack there of. I don't see why everyone can't have what they want in this land of abundance, and yet we are at each others throats while the people with the power are on vacation.
People can have whatever they are willing to work for.

lol nice one, you don't think America is diverse? The thing about diversity, from what i can see, is that people will still self segregate with their own naturally, especially when their mother tongue is common.

Oh, yes, the States is the most diverse nation in the history of the world.

By "sticking point" I was referring to radical Democrats whose vision of a diverse United States is "racist" in the genuine meaning of that word.

Have a nice weekend!

Back
Top Bottom