• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

OSCE Calls on Russia to Investigate 'Grave' Rights Abuses in Chechnya

why your putler is sending them in Ukraine in this case?
Youre right, they should have been sent to Lithuania instead- that country would have collapsed in minutes. :cool:

much like Hitler and Mussolini before him couldn't care less what UN wanted ...

They probably wouldn't have, but in point of fact, the UN didn't exist until 1945, after both were dead.

The disrespect of Russia continues, like that has worked out so well for the west?

If The New Chinese Empire does clean our clocks history will record that we deserved our fate.

It's difficult to respect murderous thugs.

You make some good points on occasion, but trying to rationalise anything with Litwin is a waste of time and I hoped you'd realise that quicker.

Litwin will argue black is white, such is his hatred of Russia.

Chechnya, incidentally, is a very good example of the mulit-culturalism of the Russian Federation, and how it (almost uniquely in the world) successfully accommodates both Muslim and Christian cultures. Kadyrov has been a pragmatic and sensible leader who realised the limits but also the potential of his power within the Federation.

Yeah, Kadyrov is a real peach.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramzan_Kadyrov#Accusations_of_human_rights_abuses

They have nuclear weapon and are friends of the Chinese...I encourage you to force yourself.

No, thanks. I won't be forcing myself to feel anything but disgust towards Putin. He's a very smart man, and could have used his intellect FOR his people instead of keeping his boots on their necks. It's a waste, IMHO. He could have been a great man if not for the ego and the insatiable greed.

No, thanks. I won't be forcing myself to feel anything but disgust towards Putin. He's a very smart man, and could have used his intellect FOR his people instead of keeping his boots on their necks. It's a waste, IMHO. He could have been a great man if not for the ego and the insatiable greed.

So it is all about your feelings is it....

I am Zen Truth teller, to my ears that is a dumb idea.

You would do yourself well to ignore 10. Everyone else does.

So it is all about your feelings is it....

I am Zen Truth teller, to my ears that is a dumb idea.

Feelings? I'm talking facts here. Putin is a murdering thug.

Youre right, they should have been sent to Lithuania instead- that country would have collapsed in minutes. :cool:

do you mean in form of putler´s hordes (kadyrovtsy)?

How many did we kill and damage in Iraq both theirs and ours...for nothing?

Smug does not look good on you just now.

How many did we kill and damage in Iraq both theirs and ours...for nothing?

Smug does not look good on you just now.

Which has nothing to do with Russia, Chechnya, or Vladimir Putin.

I love it when righties are reduced to meaningless whataboutisms.

The disrespect of Russia continues, like that has worked out so well for the west?

If The New Chinese Empire does clean our clocks history will record that we deserved our fate.

Putin's Russia gets the respect it deserves which is none. Murdering dictators never deserve any respect, only restraints. They need to be challenged at every turn. His web needs to be unraveled and his security threatened. That is how to make them understand. Anything less only encourages more of his tricks.

Is that, to you, some kind of axiomatic statement of fact, or just a worthless sound-bite?

Putin's Russia gets the respect it deserves which is none. Murdering dictators never deserve any respect, only restraints. They need to be challenged at every turn. His web needs to be unraveled and his security threatened. That is how to make them understand. Anything less only encourages more of his tricks.

Do you mean like the US's great ally, MBS in Saud?

I mean, it's been really really harsh on him hasn't it ...... even going so far as to say 'please don't do it again and get caught because it exposes our rank hypocrisy to the world and makes us feel a little awkward' :roll:

Reports Surface of Fresh Anti-Gay Purge in Chechnya

fd750c0e93574073bbb3cf5f1317c3c0.jpg

1/11/19
Activists in Russia’s North Caucasus republic of Chechnya are warning of a new gay purge even as Chelyabinsk celebrated a small victory. The Associated Press on Friday cited activist Igor Kochetkov as saying Chechnya has seen a spike in detentions of women and men suspected of being gay since December. His comments came on the back of an article by investigative outlet Novaya Gazeta — which first reported on a widespread crackdown on LGBT people in Chechnya in April 2017 — that gay women and men in the republic were once again facing persecution. The outlet said warnings were being posted on social media groups, citing one post which called on LGBT people to “flee the republic as soon as possible.” The Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe last month called for Russia to investigate the earlier reports.

Different month, same problem with the Chechen regime persecuting the Chechen LGBT community.

2 Tortured to Death in New Anti-Gay Purge in Chechnya, Activist Says

109766.jpg

1/14/19
At least two members of the LGBT community have been killed as part of a new round of purges in Russia’s North Caucasus republic of Chechnya, an activist has told The Moscow Times. Reports surfaced last week that Chechnya has seen a spike since December in detentions of women and men suspected of being gay. A spokesman for Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov, who had maintained that there are no gay people in his region, dismissed the claims as “disinformation.” “I can confirm that two gay men were killed while being tortured,” the head of the St. Petersburg-based LGBT Network, Igor Kochetkov, told The Moscow Times on Monday. He said around 40 people have been detained since the latest crackdown began on Dec. 29 and that Chechen police have confiscated the detainees’ travel documents.

“This wasn’t happening in 2017,” he said, referring to Chechnya’s crackdown on LGBT people first reported on by the investigative outlet Novaya Gazeta. “Everything is being done so that they can’t flee the country.” “And this is very bad for us because it makes our work much more difficult in terms of evacuation,” Kochetkov told The Moscow Times. Meanwhile, the Meduza news website reported on Monday that between 10 and 20 gay men and women had been killed in Chechnya in the past month. It cited an exiled member of the North Caucasus LGBT community who said he maintains contacts with witnesses of the latest alleged purge.

The persecution, torture and murder of the LGBT by Putin henchman Ramzan Kadyrov in Chechnya continues unabated.

The democratically elected authorities in Chechnya are pursuing policies which attract much support from the mainly Muslim citizens there.

What's the problem? It seems another example of universalists trying to impose their views on others, and goodness knows how much death and misery that ethos has already caused across the Middle East. Would you like to try to bomb Russia into your version of 'democracy' too?

The democratically elected authorities in Chechnya are pursuing policies which attract much support from the mainly Muslim citizens there.

Lol. "the Chechen authorities" as you call them - Putin's psychopathic dictator Kadyrov - are doing what comes naturally in Russia, persecuting the LGBT community.

I think that the poster has a point.

I have no doubt that the majority of citizens who live in Chechnya could NOT care less about the persecution of gay people.

Furthermore, why are Social Justice Warriors singling out the brute who rules Chechnya?

There's an anti-gay witch hunt also going on in Indonesia. Why aren't the SJWs speaking out?

And what about the widespread persecution of gays in Africa? The SJWs are especially loath to criticize those countries.

If the West is not going to do something concrete, then it is better to keep one's mouth shut. The tyrants who rule Russia, Chechnya, etc. are typical bullies. They only respond to having their butts kicked, not reasonable words.

Back
Top Bottom