• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Oscar Pistorius sentenced to 6 years in prison for murder

PoS

Minister of Love
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Oscar Pistorius sentenced to 6 years in prison for murder - SFGate

Oscar Pistorius, the double-amputee Olympian described by a judge as a "fallen hero," was sentenced on Wednesday to six years in a South African prison for the murder of girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp, in a ruling viewed by some as too lenient.

However, Judge Thokozile Masipa appeared to anticipate criticism of a jail term that fell far short of the normally mandated 15 years for murder under South African law, declaring: "Our courts are courts of law, not courts of public opinion."

Hmm, so he got 6 years. What does everyone else think? Too lenient or maybe he really did make a mistake when he shot his GF?

Hmm, so he got 6 years. What does everyone else think? Too lenient or maybe he really did make a mistake when he shot his GF?

South Africa is extremely dangerous and certainly one can get jittery and he could Have made a horrible mistake...

But then again, perhaps not as other evidence indicated.

Only he knows what happened.

One thing is for sure, his next girlfriend will get ready to go out ALOT quicker.

South Africa is not a place where you want to go to prison. Your chances of being assaulted in a South African prison is ridiculously high.

I personally think he knew exactly what he was doing.

If i'm wrong, then he should still go to jail. Here, I think we might call the lesser offense "reckless homicide."

I think he skated, but since the state couldnt prove intent, the sentence was probably about right. He's been pretty much destroyed.

I'm sorry his punishment is only six years.

Well, I got sick of his crying and whining in court. But, six years seems very light. On the other hand, I can't imagine a guy with no legs in with a dangerous prison population. Do you think they will have "special" security for him there?

Back
Top Bottom