• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Oscar Mayer hiring team to drive its Wienermobile across the US

TU Curmudgeon

B.A. (Sarc), LLb. (Lex Sarcasus), PhD (Sarc.)
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
From CNN

(CNN)Frankly, this could very well be someone's dream job.

Kraft Heinz is looking to hire a new team of Hotdoggers (yes, that's what the job posting says) to drive its famous hot dog-shaped Wienermobile across the country for a year.

An ideal Hotdogger is an "outgoing, creative, friendly, exuberant, college graduate who has an appetite for adventure and is willing to see the country through the windshield of the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile for one year," the job description reads.

COMMENT:-

Who says that there aren't any jobs to be had by Americans?​

From CNN

Kraft Heinz is looking to hire a new team of Hotdoggers (yes, that's what the job posting says) to drive its famous hot dog-shaped Wienermobile across the country for a year.

An ideal Hotdogger is an "outgoing, creative, friendly, exuberant, college graduate who has an appetite for adventure and is willing to see the country through the windshield of the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile for one year," the job description reads.

This was Paul Ryan's job, right out of college BTW. Then, into politics!

This was Paul Ryan's job, right out of college BTW. Then, into politics!

I am sssssssssooooooooooooooooooooo tempted to respond

"Once a wiener, always a wiener."

- but I will restrain myself.

From CNN

A college graduate?!? To drive a hot dog shaped car!?

It’s not just driving a car, it’s a ‘brand ambassador’ marketing gig.

:rolleyes: Brand Ambassador? You mean sales person. Four years of college to sell hot dogs. That's a waste of a degree.

:rolleyes: Brand Ambassador? You mean sales person. Four years of college to sell hot dogs. That's a waste of a degree.
No.... its not sales - they’re not selling a single thing. It’s marketing.

And I can guarantee this position is a pretty highly sought after and I dont doubt that anyone who’s done it has a pretty nice future in corporate marketing.

No.... its not sales - they’re not selling a single thing. It’s marketing.

And I can guarantee this position is a pretty highly sought after and I dont doubt that anyone who’s done it has a pretty nice future in corporate marketing.

Marketing is sales. They are selling the company and product.

Marketing is sales. They are selling the company and product.
Not really. It’s two different things, and driving a weinermobile would not get you a non-entry level sales gig, but it would get you a nice marketing position.

Back
Top Bottom