• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Osama who? (Never heard of him.)

Archon said:
I love it when people play dumb.. like if they had no clue what they were talking about in an original conjecture... but when you call them on it all the sudden they just don't want to talk about it, don't know anything about it.. and then they point the finger at you.

Indeed that's some high quality debate. Very sincere. Very true.

:2wave: :rofl :spin: :mrgreen:

You basically spelled your name out in that post. You have done very well in describing yourself. Well done sir.

SKILMATIC said:
You basically spelled your name out in that post. You have done very well in describing yourself. Well done sir.

Thanks skilmatic.

As always I appreciate your response.

You so eloquently and unwittingly provide for a better defintion of my terms that can simply not be put into words. You are a prime example and it is of no suprise to me that you are a staunch supporter of the chicken-hawks. BTW, I can refer you or CNREDD to your local recruiter whenever you're ready to step up and KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE.

Ta Ta.

Archon said:
So you think that objective readers of this forum will not understand how you defer my inquisition and only write it off as it dares to question the actions of the chicken-hawkish? I am being civil... I didn't at any point attack you or proclaim that your post was "laughable".

The implications that you made about Iraq speak for themself. One only must read the post in which my comments were regarding. Impressions are of little virtue... nor are your words. Regardless of your attempts to save face here the fact is that intelligent and intellectual people will find the truth in the matter. That is my M.O. and has served me well. Say what you will but realize that regardless of your excuse and concession that you have yielded to my concerns. Perhaps I should repost the original statement to refresh your memory?
We're gonna start from scratch...

YOU - show me EXACTLY where my "implications about Iraq speak for themselves"...be specific and then tell me what my implications are...

And then explain how you would like me to debate someone who discards 95% of the post...

cnredd said:
My theory is that he is, indeed, in the mountains of Pakistan...

here's the issue...

That area is home to tribal groups that live as if they are not
under Pakistani rule...They are Fundamental Radicals when it
comes to Islam. If they could, they would overthrow Mushareef
in an Islamabad minute...

If he were to go into that region with force, the locals would
consider it an invasion, which would result in a civil war and
a possible overthrow(which, by the way, would mean access to nukes).

Mushareef is avoiding this because of the long term interests
of the US(the nukes), but alot MORE for his own interests(survival).

He knows that giving up Bin Laden to the US might mean giving
HIMSELF up to his local enemies. Keeping him "contained" is what
is keeping himself alive...barely...[/I]

http://www.debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=69484&postcount=30

In early 1994, the population of Pakistan was estimated to be 126 million, making it the ninth most populous country in the world

http://countrystudies.us/pakistan/29.htm

Iraq's population is less than 25 million...and is quite the opposite of what Pakistan represents...

Pakistan is a country with a governmental ally of the US with rogue factions against...Iraq is a country where the rogue faction was the government itself...

Also, Pakistan's government has been legitimately cracking down on the radicals in their country...Yes, it would be nice if it was done faster, but it is being done nonetheless...Pakistan does not have the resources America does to complete this task in a fashion that would best serve American interests, but it is well known that the country is not trying to harbor them...President Musharraf is not the best option America would like to have as an ally, but it seems he is clearly the best America could hope for...anything else would be a turn for the worse...

That is why we are not in Pakistan right now...will we be in the future?...Tough call...If Musharraf was assaniated and an Islamic radical regime took over, it would not surprise me if America's focus changes...

C.mon...SHOW ME how all of my comments about Pakistan are REALLY just implications of Iraq...and then tell the forum members what those "implications" are...

Oh Please...

You should just declare some sort of victory in your head and go from there...:roll:

Last edited:
cnredd said:
We're gonna start from scratch...

YOU - show me EXACTLY where my "implications about Iraq speak for themselves"...be specific and then tell me what my implications are...

And then explain how you would like me to debate someone who discards 95% of the post...

C.mon...SHOW ME how all of my comments about Pakistan are REALLY just implications of Iraq...and then tell the forum members what those "implications" are...

Oh Please...

You should just declare some sort of victory in your head and go from there...:roll:

separation of purge and state

CNREDD said:
People say that Al-Qaeda has nothing to to do with Iraq.

If so, then why is ther Al-Qaeda terrorists blowing up civilians in Iraq?

The implication here is that Al Qaeda does have something to do with Iraq... pre-war. Could you explain this? What people? What exactly did they say? You mean the chickenhawk administration who never served a day on the battlefield in their entire life? THe people who send our troops to die for their exploitations of our constitution all the while claiming to "support them"?

Next...

Why are Al-Qaeda terrorist blowing up civilians in Iraq? The same question could be posed to your beloved administration. Why is Bush blowing up civilians in Iraq? What is Bush's quarrell in Iraq? Motive? National Security? War? Implications? Intelligence? Comprehension?

You were saying something?

Last edited:
Archon said:
separation of purge and state

CNREDD said:
People say that Al-Qaeda has nothing to to do with Iraq.

If so, then why is ther Al-Qaeda terrorists blowing up civilians in Iraq?

The implication here is that Al Qaeda does have something to do with Iraq... pre-war. Could you explain this? What people? What exactly did they say? You mean the chickenhawk administration who never served a day on the battlefield in their entire life? THe people who send our troops to die for their exploitations of our constitution all the while claiming to "support them"?

Next...

Why are Al-Qaeda terrorist blowing up civilians in Iraq? The same question could be posed to your beloved administration. Why is Bush blowing up civilians in Iraq? What is Bush's quarrell in Iraq? Motive? National Security? War? Implications? Intelligence? Comprehension?

You were saying something?

You have just shown yourself to be absolutely clueless on debate....

That's not my quote!

It's NezDragon's!!!...WTF!?!?!?!?

http://www.debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=146482&postcount=2

Pathetic!:rofl

cnredd said:
You have just shown yourself to be absolutely clueless on debate....

That's not my quote!

It's NezDragon's!!!...WTF!?!?!?!?

http://www.debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=146482&postcount=2

Pathetic!:rofl

Screw that Man, Dude, it's all just a NEOCON conspiracy. You edited the post in attempt to defame me.

Seriously though..

WOOPS.

If it makes you feel any better I do apologize and entirely feel stupid.

It happens. Gee I love being human.

I think maybe your avatar says it best.

Archon said:
Screw that Man, Dude, it's all just a NEOCON conspiracy. You edited the post in attempt to defame me.

Seriously though..

WOOPS.

Apology accepted...

If you're gonna shoot, make sure you aim in the right direction next time...

cnredd said:
Apology accepted...

If you're gonna shoot, make sure you aim in the right direction next time...

That's what my wife tells me......

Archon said:
Thanks skilmatic.

As always I appreciate your response.

You so eloquently and unwittingly provide for a better defintion of my terms that can simply not be put into words. You are a prime example and it is of no suprise to me that you are a staunch supporter of the chicken-hawks. BTW, I can refer you or CNREDD to your local recruiter whenever you're ready to step up and KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE.

Ta Ta.

On the contrary my fellow airman, I have served in the navy for 4yrs. And I am about to head off to the air force academy. I now offer you the same opportunity you offered me. Whenever you want to join the navy an be succombed to a room so big or a barrack so big I will gladly refer you. Good luck crossing the equator. :lol:

Archon said:

Seriously though..

WOOPS.

Its ok bud. Like I said it just takes time to learn. But when you do you will be a decisive "shooter."

That's what my wife tells me......

Really? You are married? O god I will pray for you. :lol:

Btw, is she hot? :2razz:

ProudAmerican said:
show me proof we arent and we will have something to talk about.

I believe we still are looking for him. actually, from watching the military channel just the other day, I KNOW we are still looking for him.

the show I was watching was about marines on the afghan, pakistani border.

I suppose one could make the argument they are there for their health, or because its a nice place to visit in the winter time, but im pretty sure those arent the reasons.

and Bush wasnt the only one that thought he had those weapons.

Actually, You have a point it seems the media NEVER covers "the search for bin laden" they would rather show all the deaths in Iraq.

I thought they had WMD MYSELF. I just don't see the connection to 9/11.

SKILMATIC said:
On the contrary my fellow airman, I have served in the navy for 4yrs. And I am about to head off to the air force academy. I now offer you the same opportunity you offered me. Whenever you want to join the navy an be succombed to a room so big or a barrack so big I will gladly refer you. Good luck crossing the equator. :lol:

Airman? LOL. I entered as an officer with a college degree. Regardless of that fact I'm still human and perhaps the criticism I've received here is due. I'll give this one to you. :roll:

alphieb said:
Actually, You have a point it seems the media NEVER covers "the search for bin laden" they would rather show all the deaths in Iraq.

I thought they had WMD MYSELF. I just don't see the connection to 9/11.

Nor should the search for Bin Laden be covered by our dear and defunct media. I don't know what's going on but I do know that we have a great amount of intelligence apparatus (i.e. orbital birds, autonomous craft, telemetry interception interfaces, low frequency resonance devices, dipolar and scalar inferometers and other high-tech sonding devices, etc etc) so It does seem strange to me that we can't catch the butt-loving towelhead extremist.

Regarding the deaths of our service men and women.... I think that is something that should be an issue of "paying tribute to" and not an issue of decisive perception. We should know what we are sacrificing and for what.
We don't know either at this point nor do we know where Bin Laden is. Four years and over a month later we are dealing with a greater force in Al-Qaeda than most of us would have imagined. It's not working out like it should be. SOmething is terribly wrong.

Last edited:
Archon said:
Airman? LOL. I entered as an officer with a college degree. Regardless of that fact I'm still human and perhaps the criticism I've received here is due. I'll give this one to you. :roll:

Which branch?

why did the government claim that Osoma wished to attack "freedom" and why did they give him a reason by claiming such? why did they recognize Osoma at all? isnt that what he wanted? why did the government go to war? you cant tell me Osoma didnt expect the US to find him and not head out to blow his off. The US is the next generation Roman Empire come on we kick ass that why.

and whats most puzzling is why was it only after 9/11 was all this information suddenly available? were was our media to bring the people information about threats abroad?

all in all it was mismanagement and lack of preperation. First thing is too stop fighting about who did what. We need our senaters to step up and solve some real issues. Lets face it, the real people who have failed us is not our president, dispite is neglect of duty and ill leave it at that, but its our senate who can neither act nor come to terms to run this country.

US needs to take a hint from Russia and China and start take care of our own, stop playing mother to the world and start taking our country to the future. If that means we have to take over Iraq so be it. Im not a warmonger and I do feel for the world but you help when you can and right now the US needs to help itself otherwise we all better start learning chinese. Its about time somebody in washington stoped being a pansy and starting looking out for the people and not their own selfish dreams of glory and greatness. Its down too we either all start getting electric cars and start taking the train or get more oil. You guys choose

RightatNYU said:
Which branch?

I think it might be quite obvious which branch by the dialogue of this particular thread... and perhaps you are likely looking for some type of clarification here so I will give it to you;

The United States Air Force.

"Airman" or "Airmen" is a general title used to describe an enlistee.
An officer in the Air Force is never called an "Airman" by any other member of the Air Force, and generally the Navy respects this as well.

It's only a matter of being politically correct I suppose but when so many traditions are shoved down our throats why not abide by this one. :shock:

Archon said:
I think it might be quite obvious which branch by the dialogue of this particular thread... and perhaps you are likely looking for some type of clarification here so I will give it to you;

The United States Air Force.

"Airman" or "Airmen" is a general title used to describe an enlistee.
An officer in the Air Force is never called an "Airman" by any other member of the Air Force, and generally the Navy respects this as well.

It's only a matter of being politically correct I suppose but when so many traditions are shoved down our throats why not abide by this one. :shock:

My bad, I missed the earlier discussion where you mentioned that. So did you do OCS for the Air Force, or did you get commissioned through some other program?

Archon said:
Nor should the search for Bin Laden be covered by our dear and defunct media. I don't know what's going on but I do know that we have a great amount of intelligence apparatus (i.e. orbital birds, autonomous craft, telemetry interception interfaces, low frequency resonance devices, dipolar and scalar inferometers and other high-tech sonding devices, etc etc) so It does seem strange to me that we can't catch the butt-loving towelhead extremist.

Regarding the deaths of our service men and women.... I think that is something that should be an issue of "paying tribute to" and not an issue of decisive perception. We should know what we are sacrificing and for what.
We don't know either at this point nor do we know where Bin Laden is. Four years and over a month later we are dealing with a greater force in Al-Qaeda than most of us would have imagined. It's not working out like it should be. SOmething is terribly wrong.

LOL......I agree with that too. I just want to think our intelligence has the ball in the right court. I understand Hussein is a monster and deserves justice.
However, 9/11 was about Bin Laden and Al-Qaeda...lets set some priorities here. I can only hope the search is hot and heavy for those radicals, but we don't hear much on that topic through the media. It seems to all be focused on Hussein, as we speak his trial is taking place on CNN right now. Don't get me wrong he is a nasty individual to say the least and it would not have surprised me if he did have WMD. He did not...why engage in THAT WAR. I don't think Saddem, even though a monster and gased his own people would be stupid enough to plan an attack on the US for fear of what has happened now..... My question is, how could we manage to find Hussein and not bin Laden????????

Also don't get me wrong, I have the utmost respect for our troops. I believe they are heroes. However, I don't agree with Bush's judgment. Nor do I support HIM. It does seem very ODD. This entire emphasis should be on BIN LADEN and his freaky followers. They are probably planning another attack on our nation as we speak.

alphieb said:
LOL......I agree with that too. I just want to think our intelligence has the ball in the right court. I understand Hussein is a monster and deserves justice.
However, 9/11 was about Bin Laden and Al-Qaeda...lets set some priorities here. I can only hope the search is hot and heavy for those radicals, but we don't hear much on that topic through the media. It seems to all be focused on Hussein, as we speak his trial is taking place on CNN right now. Don't get me wrong he is a nasty individual to say the least and it would not have surprised me if he did have WMD. He did not...why engage in THAT WAR. I don't think Saddem, even though a monster and gased his own people would be stupid enough to plan an attack on the US for fear of what has happened now..... My question is, how could we manage to find Hussein and not bin Laden????????

Also don't get me wrong, I have the utmost respect for our troops. I believe they are heroes. However, I don't agree with Bush's judgment. Nor do I support HIM. It does seem very ODD. This entire emphasis should be on BIN LADEN and his freaky followers. They are probably planning another attack on our nation as we speak.

Do you have some information that leads you to believe we no longer are looking for bin-laden? Or do you base this just on knowing he isn't caught yet? I don't recall anyone ever saying that he isn't still a hunted terrorist.

Bin Laden lives in an underground mansion, I saw it on a special episode of MTV Cribs. Picture Bill Gates' house except half a mile underground. He has it all down there: plasma TVs, an NBA regulation basketball court and a jacuzzi to fit all his wives in.

KCConservative said:
Do you have some information that leads you to believe we no longer are looking for bin-laden? Or do you base this just on knowing he isn't caught yet? I don't recall anyone ever saying that he isn't still a hunted terrorist.

"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."
- G.W. Bush, 9/13/01

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

"...Secondly, he is not escaping us. This is a guy, who, three months ago, was in control of a county." (obviously mistaking Bin laden with the Taliban leader Mullah Omar.
- G.W. Bush

"I am truly not that concerned about him."
- G.W. Bush, repsonding to a question about bin Laden's whereabouts,
3/13/02

After 2002 there has not really been much said.

Gibberish said:
"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."
- G.W. Bush, 9/13/01

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

"...Secondly, he is not escaping us. This is a guy, who, three months ago, was in control of a county." (obviously mistaking Bin laden with the Taliban leader Mullah Omar.
- G.W. Bush

"I am truly not that concerned about him."
- G.W. Bush, repsonding to a question about bin Laden's whereabouts,
3/13/02

After 2002 there has not really been much said.

Very good. I love the way the president doesn't tip his hand to al-jazeera and the enemy, don't you? So I'll ask again.

KCConservative said:
Very good. I love the way the president doesn't tip his hand to al-jazeera and the enemy, don't you?

Heh heh :)

KCConservative said:

Other then our commander-in-chief saying that he doesn't care where Osama is, is not concerned about him, and that he is not a priority. No there is no proof that we are not looking for him since our only proof would come from statements from our commander-in-chief and his administration. If they don't speak about it we have no proof if we are looking for Osama or if we are not, the same way we have no proof we are looking for Santa Clause or not looking for him.

Gibberish said:
Other then our commander-in-chief saying that he doesn't care where Osama is, is not concerned about him, and that he is not a priority. No there is no proof that we are not looking for him since our only proof would come from statements from our commander-in-chief and his administration. If they don't speak about it we have no proof if we are looking for Osama or if we are not, the same way we have no proof we are looking for Santa Clause or not looking for him.

And you really believe the president is going to give specific indications to al-jazeera and the rest of the owrld what our military is doing in secret?

From the "what it's worth" department: I correspond with eight US soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan. I am assured that bin-laden is one of our targets, regardless of whether the president loses sleep over him. The hunt for him hasn't stopped.

Back
Top Bottom