• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Osama Endorsement Of Book Causes It To Sell

BillyBadAss

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Osama 'plug' boosts anti-US book

Bin Laden apparently said Rogue State was "useful" to read
Osama Bin Laden has seemingly propelled a book by an obscure historian into the US bestseller list, by endorsing it in an audio message aired on Thursday.
"Rogue State: A Guide to the World's Only Superpower" had reached number 21 on the Amazon list by Sunday, leaping from below the 200,000 mark.

Author William Blum, 72, said he had no regrets about the endorsement.

The 320-page book is highly critical of US foreign policy, and says the War on Terror is doomed to failure.

I was not turned off by the endorsement - I'm not repulsed and I am not going to pretend I am

William Blum

The message, thought to be from Bin Laden, contained threats of new attacks on the US, but also a call for a long-term truce.

He has described the 11 September 2001 attacks on New York and Washington as "an understandable retaliation against US foreign policy", but makes clear that this is not a justification of them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4636742.stm

Back
Top Bottom