• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Osama bin Laden's Death: Wheres The Proof?

This is a total BS comment.It was posted with no proof.

Proof? Are you telling me that Zero Dark Thirty constitutes proof for you that the Legend Of Abbottabad is actually true?

A tweet on the 5th Anniversary of a press release is proof of nothing at all except the story is so weak they must retweet it. :doh

your claim to show its correct.

Please provide sources.

I think the Karachi, Pakistan paper wrote of it 14 years ago, and maybe the Sydney newspaper too. In that part of the world it made the news. Maybe the Dubai paper wrote of it. Do you recall the story that OBL was hospitalized in either Dubai or UAE for his kidney problems?

I think the Karachi, Pakistan paper wrote of it 14 years ago, and maybe the Sydney newspaper too. In that part of the world it made the news. Maybe the Dubai paper wrote of it. Do you recall the story that OBL was hospitalized in either Dubai or UAE for his kidney problems?

Much of what you posted was dismissed as not true. It is common knowledge OBL had kidney problems.

We will agree to disagree.

But would you believe it if the government released photo and/or video evidence, or would you insist that such evidence was "manufactured".

Not necessarially you personally, cuz maybe you believe everything our "constantly lying" government says as long as include props in their presentation.

But there are plenty of people out there who still insist that the moon landing was faked and that crashing jetliners in to the Twin Towers wasn't the cause of their collapse even though we have video evidence of both events.

Its really a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation for the government.

On the one hand they condemn our enemies for televising the execution of Western hostages/prisoners, and then on the other we expect them to televise the extrajudicial execution of our enemies?

But then, as you've said, we've released the evidence of other dead terrorists/enemies so if we're going to do wrong then why not do wrong consistently?

at the end of the day I'm left scratching my head as I try to figure out what difference it makes if the guy is even actually dead.

I mean that from a practical counter terror perspective, not an emotional revenge/closure for the 9/11 victims' families perspective.

I guess if the guy really is dead there's a certain deterrent effort in terms of our enemies knowing just how long our memory and our reach actually are, but when you're dealing with wanna-be martyrs is that actually a deterrent?

And if the guy is actually dead, don't they already know it?

It might be something that's questioned in Western civilian circles, but if your an Islamic jihadi the true disposition of bin Laden, whether he's alive or whether he's dead, has probably made its way to you through the grapevine.

I think all releasing evidence of his death would do is satisfy the curiosity of folks who are inclined to be satisfied with such evidence as the government provides, and do little or nothing to quell the conspiracy theories of those who are given to distrust and conspiracy.
When the hanging video of Saddam was released people were satisfied it's authenticity. When the morgue photos of his sons were released people were sanctified with it's authenticity . When the video or picture or every other high profile terrorist was released people were satisfied it's authenticity. So it seems kind of fishy that they claimed the killed the world's most wanted man and there is no evidence of it and than they just said so.

When the hanging video of Saddam was released people were satisfied it's authenticity. When the morgue photos of his sons were released people were sanctified with it's authenticity . When the video or picture or every other high profile terrorist was released people were satisfied it's authenticity. So it seems kind of fishy that they claimed the killed the world's most wanted man and there is no evidence of it and than they just said so.

Yeah but,....

There's an emotional investment in OBL is alive with a certain subset of the population that didn't exist with the above examples. Not that I care about pandering to the needs of that particular subset of the population.

A random person on the street isn't likely to opine in a thread about the death of OBL that the SEAL's who killed them all died - as if they know what the hell they are talking about.

You pretended you knew what you were talking about and made a false claim. It has been shown false. Instead of the dodge and evade why don't you just admit you made that up and were wrong, then amend whatever point it was you were trying to make to account for the new, correct information so we can move on.?

Because I didn't make it up, so instead of acting like a self-righteous condescending child you should question yourself from time-to-time and not take such pride in unquestionably believing every little thing the mainline corporate-sponsored war machine networks force-feed you as opposed to doing your own damned critical thinking - especially when blatant facts are staring you in the face, like - for example - this one.

Also, I find it adorable you continue to assert yourself as the unchallenged and infallible voice of reason yet you have posted one link - to google - as opposed to my providing links for you in every single post in this thread save ONE to further your opportunity of considering an alternative view-point other than the one you have had ingrained and inserted within your brain since childhood, and your response is to continue to try to spin an argument from the basis of an opinion.

It is your opinion that it is not trivial. That is an opinion. You can in no way, shape, or form prove otherwise.

Yes, I will admit I was wrong.......in my assertion that my opinion of my lack of knowledge of the two (out of fifteen dead in a CLEARLY abnormal circumstance involving departure from recommended special warfare tactics) identities of the surviving SEALS was not an opinion......as was your assertion, to the contrary, was not such, as well.

:coffeepap

Last edited:
That is no evidence OBL was killed by the SEALs.No body, no video nor are there any photos. They say so they did it and we are supposed to take their word for it? I got a bridge and some ocean front property in Arizona to sell you if you take the word of anyone with out any physical evidence.

The graphic nature of photos never stopped anyone from releasing photos of dead terrorists before and the "it would incite other terrorist if we had evidence" sounds like a crock of ****. When Saddam was executed we got a video, When his sons were killed we got photos and its practically been the same with every other high profile terrorist. Plus the "we don't want to prove we killed OBL because it would incite other terrorists" is contradicted by your claim that AQ and the Taliban vowed revenge, meaning they would act either way.

What is bull **** is the fact there is not video or photographic evidence of OBL's death and we are supposed to take the word of a government that in known for constantly lying.

When was the last video, screaming death to America? I don't think he is still on tour if he isn't releasing any new songs.

Because I didn't make it up, so instead of acting like a self-righteous condescending child you should question yourself from time-to-time and not take such pride in unquestionably believing every little thing the mainline corporate-sponsored war machine networks force-feed you as opposed to doing your own damned critical thinking - especially when blatant facts are staring you in the face, like - for example - this one.

Also, I find it adorable you continue to assert yourself as the unchallenged and infallible voice of reason yet you have posted one link - to google - as opposed to my providing links for you in every single post in this thread save ONE to further your opportunity of considering an alternative view-point other than the one you have had ingrained and inserted within your brain since childhood, and your response is to continue to try to spin an argument from the basis of an opinion.

It is your opinion that it is not trivial. That is an opinion. You can in no way, shape, or form prove otherwise.

Yes, I will admit I was wrong.......in my assertion that my opinion of my lack of knowledge of the two (out of fifteen dead in a CLEARLY abnormal circumstance involving departure from recommended special warfare tactics) identities of the surviving SEALS was not an opinion......as was your assertion, to the contrary, was not such, as well.

OK. I can see we're done here.

When was the last video, screaming death to America? I don't think he is still on tour if he isn't releasing any new songs.

Using that logic it automatically disproves the SEALs killed OBL.Did he release anything on the day or maybe the day before he was allegedly killed?

UPDATED VERSION (ran out of time to edit post)

Yes, I will admit I was wrong.......in my assertion that my opinion of my lack of knowledge of the two (out of fifteen dead in a CLEARLY abnormal circumstance involving departure from recommended special warfare tactics) identities of the surviving SEALS was not an opinion......as was your assertion, to the contrary, was such, as well.

UPDATED VERSION (ran out of time to edit post)

Yes, I will admit I was wrong.......in my assertion that my opinion of my lack of knowledge of the two (out of fifteen dead in a CLEARLY abnormal circumstance involving departure from recommended special warfare tactics) identities of the surviving SEALS was not an opinion......as was your assertion, to the contrary, was such, as well.

The funny thing in this thread is that you made a claim and the only links you provided to back up that claim showed that your claim was actually wrong. You just don't know enough to realize that.

Braindrain, you've been replying to my posts rather religiously for almost the past month straight.
The fact that you've been on my ignore list since before then has yet to change.
Stop blowing up my feed with your notifications.

President Obama says we got bin Laden. I have a question for the president: Mr. President, can you prove the United States Government killed Osama bin Laden? Since no proof of any kind has ever been put forward that the United States Government killed bin Laden, I would say that now would be a good time for you to clear up this matter by presenting the proof, that surely you have, as you wouldn't want to be saying that the government killed bin Laden without such proof, so please Mr. President, go on national television and present this proof. So by presenting such proof, Mr. President, we can be completely satisfied that bin Laden is dead, and not by natural causes. But just in case you do not have such proof, you might want to ask those who were given the task of killing bin Laden why they did not present such proof to you, Mr. President. I mean, surely that would be one of the most important duties of those given the task of killing Osama bin Laden would be to present to the President of the United States of America such proof that they "got" bin Laden. Also the rest of the world, I'm sure, would like to see such proof, after all we Americans would not want to appear to do things "half baked" as the saying goes, by not proving that we "got" bin Laden. It is really not good enough, now is it, just to come back and say "we got'em", now surely we can do better than that, I mean, such a highly organized forces as these men who were sent there to kill bin Laden would be capable of getting the evidence to prove that they got bin Laden, instead of presenting a fake photo of the so-called dead bin Laden, and then say they have the photos, but think they will burn them! For crying out loud, who knows, maybe this evil person is still out there plotting all kinds of mayhem against the United States people, we the American people need to know! So thank you, thank you, Mr. President for gathering to gather all this proof you need to present to the American people that indeed the U.S. Government really really did kill Osama bin Laden, and you Mr. President of this great country, surely will.

What absolute run-on drivel. Get out the tin foil.

Braindrain, you've been replying to my posts rather religiously for almost the past month straight.
The fact that you've been on my ignore list since before then has yet to change.
Stop blowing up my feed with your notifications.
I will reply to any post I feel like. If you have a problem with it that's too bad. Here's a thought, if you don't like me pointing out your nonsense you could always stop posting nonsense.

Using that logic it automatically disproves the SEALs killed OBL.Did he release anything on the day or maybe the day before he was allegedly killed?

No. But it has been YEARS since a release. Methinks you don't understand how proof works. I was simply stating that none of his greatest hits have been playing. Seems odd that he would just STOP.

Much of what you posted was dismissed as not true. It is common knowledge OBL had kidney problems.

We will agree to disagree.

Dismissed by those gullible enough to believe everything government spokespersons say.

Dismissed by those gullible enough to believe everything government spokespersons say.

Funny. You realize you use that phrase way to often.

Sorry you fall for information that is not true or accurate.

Funny. You realize you use that phrase way to often.

Sorry you fall for information that is not true or accurate.

I "fell for" that bull**** story just like you and everybody else. It took me 4 years to realize the error of my ways, and that I had been deceived by a beautifully executed false flag operation, regarding 911.

By the time the Obama Osama Deception at Abbottabad rolled around, I was sufficiently informed to know that OBL had been dead for years.

Some are more easily fooled than others.

I "fell for" that bull**** story just like you and everybody else. It took me 4 years to realize the error of my ways, and that I had been deceived by a beautifully executed false flag operation, regarding 911.

By the time the Obama Osama Deception at Abbottabad rolled around, I was sufficiently informed to know that OBL had been dead for years.

Some are more easily fooled than others.

and yet when asked (in a nice way) for you to provide your source of information. you rarely do. When you do, you may say it came from book X or pub Y, expecting the reader to search to find the exact vague referenced article. Let's not forget your sources of used in well I had a conversation with a stranger in a bar/coffee house. lol

It would be helpful if you would do more to back up what you say with specific sources.

In the end, we will agree to disagree on most things. Yet, when you do provide specific sources, I tend to see where you could be coming from on your point of view. In another thread, heck I used VToday to show a source regarding thermite.

No. But it has been YEARS since a release. Methinks you don't understand how proof works. I was simply stating that none of his greatest hits have been playing. Seems odd that he would just STOP.

OBL has not been heard from since the raid.
OBL's wife, kids and family admit he was killed
OBL's terrorist organization admit he was killed
The Pakistani's admit he was killed
The raid was done in spite of the immense risk to U.S./Pakistani relations it represented. There had to be a payoff worthy of that.

I could keep going but that is already at least 4 more elements than the CT crowd can work with at one time.

Yeah it seems to me that we'd have heard from the guy by now if he were alive.

I mean, it's possible he died from kidney failure in a cave somewhere like a decade ago, but I see no benefit to launching a raid into an unfriendly nation if that were the case.

and yet when asked (in a nice way) for you to provide your source of information. you rarely do. When you do, you may say it came from book X or pub Y, expecting the reader to search to find the exact vague referenced article. Let's not forget your sources of used in well I had a conversation with a stranger in a bar/coffee house. lol

It would be helpful if you would do more to back up what you say with specific sources.

In the end, we will agree to disagree on most things. Yet, when you do provide specific sources, I tend to see where you could be coming from on your point of view. In another thread, heck I used VToday to show a source regarding thermite.

I didn't just read it on the internet this morning Mike, these things happened years ago. The CIA visited OBL in some hospital in UAE or somewhere. It doesn't matter and I don't care if you believe it or not, but that's how it happened according to several sources. They have newspapers in the Mideast and east you know...:mrgreen:

Who did they betray? Are you kidding me? The United States Government stood by and did nothing while our factories were being moved to China, putting millions of Americans out of work, and forcing Americans to buy products that we do not manufacture, which is formula for disaster. Could you image the Chinese Government standing by why their factories are being moved to America? The reason that the Chinese Government would not stand by and let this happen is because the Chinese are not traitors to their country, the U.S. Government is a traitor to America. The United States Government is the worst enemy the American people have got.

I didn't just read it on the internet this morning Mike, these things happened years ago. The CIA visited OBL in some hospital in UAE or somewhere. It doesn't matter and I don't care if you believe it or not, but that's how it happened according to several sources. They have newspapers in the Mideast and east you know...:mrgreen:

And you can't provide what papers they were, or were their from? Sounds kinda like "I don't remember what this guy's name was, but my sister's friend's cousin's nephew's babysitter's dogsitter's uncle's drinking buddy's parole officer said it happened"

Back
Top Bottom