• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Osama Bin Laden killed: How the world is reacting

Slartibartfast

Jesus loves you.
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Osama Bin Laden killed: How the world is reacting - CSMonitor.com

Here is a rundown of some of the reactions I have found so far from the international community

Germany said:
The forces of peace were successful last night.

Egypt said:
Reaction in Cairo was initially muted, with local media outlets and early morning commuters reluctant to talk about the significance of the news before the body of the terrorist leader was displayed.

Iraq General Hussein Kamal said:
"I don't expect that the killing of Bin Laden will finish al-Qaida here or in other countries. It will affect their morale, for sure. But it won't end their organisation."

Israel said:
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said in a statement that Israel "shares the joy of the American people" and called the operation a "resounding victory for justice, freedom, and the values shared by all democratic countries fighting should to shoulder against terror."

Hamas said:
"We regard this as a continuation of the American policy based on oppression and the shedding of Muslim and Arab blood,"

PLO said:
Getting rid of Bin Laden is good for the cause of peace worldwide but what counts is to overcome the discourse and the methods – the violent methods –that were created and encouraged by Bin Laden and others in the world,"

Afghanistan (Karzai) said:
"Year after year, day after day, we have said the fighting against terrorism is not in the villages of Afghanistan, not among the poor people of Afghanistan," he said. "The fight against terrorism is in safe havens. It proves that Afghanistan was right,"

India said:
"We take note with grave concern that part of the statement in which President Obama said that the firefight in which Osama bin Laden was killed took place in Abbotttabad 'deep inside Pakistan'

Pakistan said:
“Pakistan will have to do a lot of damage control because the Americans have been reporting he is in Pakistan. This is a serious blow to the credibility of Pakistan,” [said security analyst Imtiaz Gul].

But defence analyst and former general Talat Masood said the fact bin Laden was killed in a joint operation would limit the damage to Pakistan’s image.

****ing Hamas....:doh

Anyways good post!

Killed at last. Congratulations.

Karzai's comment was somewhat toolish and I am curious to see more how India feels about Bin Laden being in Pakistan.

I'd like to see what Mahmoud Immanutjob had to say...as well as Kim Jong Il.

"I liked what the PLO said." - Whovian

You liked what the PLO said?

"I liked what the PLO said." - Whovian

You liked what the PLO said?

What precisely about what they said was wrong or offensive to you? Personally I think Karzai was being a tool, and Hamas was being Hamas. Those were the ones I have a problem with.

How's this?? :)

Tim-

Attachments

• post-774-0-66130200-1304363184_thumb.jpg
    post-774-0-66130200-1304363184_thumb.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 103
I mean were you honestly expecting anything different?

Nope, but I was kind of hoping after they did that compromise thing with the elections thing. I would have thought they'd lay off the stupidity award for stupid comments. Thought trust me I am not a fan of Hamas they just keep doing stupid stuff and then they wonder why nobody takes them seriously Am I RIGHT....

As we rejoice in the death of this bastard we need to keep in mind that we as Americans are still at risk from radical extremists, and that that threat has gone from a 5 to a 9 or 10 over night.

We all need to be on guard and be watchful where ever we go because our borders have been like an open gate and the Border Patrol has caught thousands of OTMs in the last few years and most of them are from the middle east.

If you have a concealed carry permit use it and be ready to fight back.

If you use your weapon place it on the ground and wait for police to avoid being mistakenly shot, as the bad guy.

I have a lot of police friends in law enforcement and they have told me how to deal with this. When I first got my CC permit I became more aware of the awesome responsibility that comes with it. But I have been ready to put it to good use and I have been trained since I was 10 how to hit the target, and have no reservation in dealing with the bad guys.

I don't miss what I am out to hit, with my Colt 38 super which is like a .357 auto. My Dad who was a War Hero in WW-II taught me well.

I hope I never have to kill another human but if need be I will, and you should be too.

As we rejoice in the death of this bastard we need to keep in mind that we as Americans are still at risk from radical extremists, and that that threat has gone from a 5 to a 9 or 10 over night.

We all need to be on guard and be watchful where ever we go because our borders have been like an open gate and the Border Patrol has caught thousands of OTMs in the last few years and most of them are from the middle east.

If you use your weapon place it on the ground and wait for police to avoid being mistakenly shot, as the bad guy.

I have a lot of police friends in law enforcement and they have told me how to deal with this. When I first got my CC permit I became more aware of the awesome responsibility that comes with it. But I have been ready to put it to good use and I have been trained since I was 10 how to hit the target, and have no reservation in dealing with the bad guys.

I don't miss what I am out to hit, with my Colt 38 super which is like a .357 auto. My Dad who was a War Hero in WW-II taught me well.

I hope I never have to kill another human but if need be I will, and you should be too.

Dude just leave.

I'd like to see what Mahmoud Immanutjob had to say...as well as Kim Jong Il.

He said, now the U.S. has no more excuse to be in the region.
With all I've read today I don't at the moment where I got that. Sorry no link for now.

"What precisely about what they said was wrong or offensive to you? Personally I think Karzai was being a tool, and Hamas was being Hamas. Those were the ones I have a problem with." - StillBallin75.

Nope. You're right. I read "PLO" and then read the message just above theirs. My bad!

Originally Posted by Pakistan
“Pakistan will have to do a lot of damage control because the Americans have been reporting he is in Pakistan. This is a serious blow to the credibility of Pakistan,” [said security analyst Imtiaz Gul].

But defence analyst and former general Talat Masood said the fact bin Laden was killed in a joint operation would limit the damage to Pakistan’s image.
what fact that it was a joint operation?

they had no idea the operation was in process since august

the paks could not be trusted

but what the hell, it's not as if they possess 100 nuclear weapons

with that weak assed misrepresentation of the facts, masood will become a faux news correspondent in no time

If zombies ever attack I'm sure you would hold out for months. That being said your entire post is ridiculous.

"What precisely about what they said was wrong or offensive to you? Personally I think Karzai was being a tool, and Hamas was being Hamas. Those were the ones I have a problem with." - StillBallin75.

Nope. You're right. I read "PLO" and then read the message just above theirs. My bad!

No problem bro, glad we cleared that up.

I think you've watched Red Dawn too many times.

I don't even know what I'm thinking half the time, let alone the world.

I'm sure the reactions are as varied as there are people on this planet.

I don't even know what I'm thinking half the time, let alone the world.

I'm sure the reactions are as varied as there are people on this planet.

There's like only three ways to react to this:

1) Yay!
2) **** you!
3) oh nooo!

Back
Top Bottom