• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Orlando Shooting and Our Rights and Our Duties

blackjack50

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Let's take a step back from this incident and have a quality discussion.

Whether or not you feel that we should take away all guns, just some, or hand out more...step back for a minute.

Whether or not you feel Islam is a religion of violence and we should lock them all away, just some, or we shouldn't do anything regarding Islam...step back for a minute.

This is America. We have rights. We have rights that have existed for almost 2 and a half centuries. These rights were intended to remain there EVEN in the hard times. They were not supposed to disappear for convenience sake. They weren't supposed to disappear because someone took advantage of our freedom and committed a terrible act. These rights are supposed to be extended to all Americans. Not just the rich. Not just the whites. The Christians. The democrats. Not just the elite politicians. All of these rights. Not just some of them. And we have a reason for that.

As a nation our government has no responsibility to protect us. They will not be held responsible when they fail. Period. And before you think this is me doing my thing and endorsing guns: step back. I'm stating that this guy was watched by the FBI. And they didn't do anything. His family knew. His wife was abused by this guy. She knew.

We as a society have a responsibility to protect each other. We have a responsibility to NOT look the other way when someone is being abused. When someone is clearly suffering from a disorder that causes extreme violence. And not just because they may make us or other people victims. They may harm themselves. And they deserve treatment.

So with that said...I think I am done with the discussion. I see the direction it will go. But I can at least implore others to not just think about themselves. Think about others. Think about your rights. Why they exist. Think about what you are responsible for. Think about how you can help others. Now is not the time to cower in fear under the bed, locking ourselves away from the world, hiding our light of freedom because of a bully who is afraid of US. Not the other way around.

Peace Out guys

Black Jack.

it's too late for that bud, we all know what's coming.

The Supreme Court has ruled that law enforcement has no legal obligation to protect me and my family.

Well, then who the hells responsibility is it? Mine.

The Supreme Court has ruled that law enforcement has no legal obligation to protect me and my family.

I think taking personal responsibility for ones own life scares the living hooey out of many on the left.

Correct.

And I'm stating that you further have a responsibility to society. It may not be a legal obligation, but it is an ethical and moral obligation. I certainly feel it. We have lost the will to help others in need. It is truly sad.

I think taking personal responsibility for ones own life scares the living hooey out of many on the left.

And people on the right are showing that they are scared to give that responsibility and freedom to the wrong religion or ethnicity. Neither side is innocent here.

Back
Top Bottom