• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Origin of the Tree of Life

MrFungus420 said:
Oriental is a fine term, if you are refering to an object. It is considered somewhat insulting to use the term when refering to a person. The correct term is "Asian".

Why would you think I was a bigot? Because I don't like people to use a term that is incorrect, and also somewhat insulting?

I think you are a bigot because you think the word "Oriental" is an insult.

Apparently you do not think much of people from the Orient.

Lucidthots said:
I respect the good work they do for humanity even though I disagree with their theology.

Good work for humanity?? They harass people on a consistent basis..thats not a good work. How can you be comfertable with them digging up your last name, address, and phone number and storing it in their records without your permission? How can you be comfertable with them showing up at your house and telling you that everything you believe in is evil and wrong?

Lucidthots said:
First of all I think it is a fairy tale.
Then why did you make this thread? I don't see posts about the Wizard of Oz, or Beauty and the Beast, or Cinderella, ect...? Why do you care sooo much about forcing your beliefs on us? We don't WANT you to convert to Judaism. Jews advise against people looking to convert. Did you know that?

Lucidthots said:
Second...Christ never killed anyone in the Gospel myth, this is a good standard of behavior for people.
Good for him, I should care why?

I can't stand that evil man George Washington, I mean he killed those British... Obviously he wasn't a good person since killed people. You do realize there is a difference between killing and murdering, right?

Lucidthots said:
Real religions, like Christianity and Buddhism set a standard of behaviour which is perfection, that becomes the standard for us all to follow.

Christianity is a real religion.
I don't know anything about Buddhism, so I can't comment on that, but Christians do believe in the OT.

Binyamin said:
Then why did you make this thread? I don't see posts about the Wizard of Oz, or Beauty and the Beast, or Cinderella, ect...? Why do you care sooo much about forcing your beliefs on us? We don't WANT you to convert to Judaism. Jews advise against people looking to convert. Did you know that?

Good for him, I should care why?

I can't stand that evil man George Washington, I mean he killed those British... Obviously he wasn't a good person since killed people. You do realize there is a difference between killing and murdering, right?

I don't know anything about Buddhism, so I can't comment on that, but Christians do believe in the OT.

~There has been only one Christian, they caught him and crucified him-- early.~ Mark Twain

Lucidthots said:
I think you are a bigot because you think the word "Oriental" is an insult.

Apparently you do not think much of people from the Orient.

It's insulting because it is supposed to be used when refering to an object. Asian is the proper term for a person. It is considered to be an insult because you are saying, in effect, that they aren't people, they are things.

I have too much respect for the Asian people to insult them in this petty manner.

Napoleon's Nightingale said:
Good work for humanity?? They harass people on a consistent basis..thats not a good work. How can you be comfertable with them digging up your last name, address, and phone number and storing it in their records without your permission? How can you be comfertable with them showing up at your house and telling you that everything you believe in is evil and wrong?

Honestly, I find it charming.

I enjoy talking to them....I am not a Mormon or a Jehova Witness.

MrFungus420 said:
It's insulting because it is supposed to be used when refering to an object. Asian is the proper term for a person. It is considered to be an insult because you are saying, in effect, that they aren't people, they are things.

I have too much respect for the Asian people to insult them in this petty manner.

I like Oriental people.

I like the Orient.

I like the "word" Orient.

Lucidthots said:
~There has been only one Christian, they caught him and crucified him-- early.~ Mark Twain
Okay, I love how you're too stupid to respond to any argument you're confronted with, how old are you? 10?

Binyamin said:
Okay, I love how you're too stupid to respond to any argument you're confronted with, how old are you? 10?

Okay.......dont go crazy and start "exterminating" people!

Lucidthots said:
Okay.......dont go crazy and start "exterminating" people!
Don't kill your last brain cell thinking of response.

Binyamin said:
Don't kill your last brain cell thinking of response.

Honestly Ben....I am sure you are good person.

GOOD NIGHT!

Lucidthots said:
Honestly Ben....I am sure you are good person.
Well, that's irrevelant to the conversation (similar to the way every post you've made is)

Lucidthots said:
GOOD NIGHT!

Niim'as li! Yala, lech lesahek berofe ve ahot yiim hakelev shel hashcheinim!!!

Go translate that, and then have a good night you little harah.

Binyamin said:
Well, that's irrevelant to the conversation (similar to the way every post you've made is)

Niim'as li! Yala, lech lesahek berofe ve ahot yiim hakelev shel hashcheinim!!!

Go translate that, and then have a good night you little harah.

Honestly Ben......I've never met a people that knew less about GOD than the Jews.

The Jews invented a lie and called it "GOD" and then wrote endless fairy tales about it.

You are a dedicated expert in fairy tales and lies.

So I will teach you one thing about GOD, to help bring you out of your delusion.

ALL Life/Self originates out of-- GOD.

Life/Self comes into being in the world as-- FLESH.

At death, Life/Self returns to its origin which is-- GOD.

Lucidthots said:
Honestly Ben......I've never met a people that knew less about GOD than the Jews.

The Jews invented a lie and called it "GOD" and then wrote endless fairy tales about it.

You are a dedicated expert in fairy tales and lies.

So I will teach you one thing about GOD, to help bring you out of your delusion.

ALL Life/Self originates out of-- GOD.

Life/Self comes into being in the world as-- FLESH.

At death, Life/Self returns to its origin which is-- GOD.

Well since you believe the bible to be nothing but "lies" and "fairytales" what evidence do you have to back up your assertion about what God is?

Well since you believe the bible to be nothing but "lies" and "fairytales" what evidence do you have to back up your assertion about what God is?

I am living the evidence.

Lucidthots said:
I am living the evidence.

You are not evidence. I could equally say that I am evidence of the God I believe in. You can't use a creation to define an undefined creator.

You are not evidence. I could equally say that I am evidence of the God I believe in. You can't use a creation to define an undefined creator.

~GOD is a circle whose center is everywhere and circumfrence nowhere.~

Voltaire

~God is my origin, and my destination.~

Lucidthots

Lucidthots said:

Voltaire

ROFL. How interesting of you to use Voltaire's deist opinion especially considering the fact that his opinions are not compatable with yours. Too bad that argument has never had evidence to back it up.

ROFL. How interesting of you to use Voltaire's deist opinion especially considering the fact that his opinions are not compatable with yours. Too bad that argument has never had evidence to back it up.

WTF are you talking about?

I posted this definition by Voltaire because I like it and agree with it.

Last edited:
Lucidthots said:

Voltaire

So, God is a circle that doesn't exist. Therefore, apparently, God doesn't exist...

MrFungus420 said:
So, God is a circle that doesn't exist. Therefore, apparently, God doesn't exist...

I never said that "GOD" does not exist.

I said that the Bible is a concatenation of lies, plagiarism and myth.

The Bible has nothing to do with God.

There is a huge difference.

Lucidthots said:
Here is a passage from the Vedic text:

The Tree of Eternity has its roots above and its branches on earth below.

Its pure root is Brahman (GOD) the immortal, from whom all the worlds draw their life and whom none can transcend.

For this SELF is supreme!

And again,

"I have become one with the Tree of Life."

"My glory rises like the mountain peak."

"I have realized the SELF, who is ever-pure, all-knowing, radiant, and immortal."

Now some of you will still say....."well.....you know......that Tree of Life is evil and that is why we Christians must not partake of it."

Here is what it says about the Tree of Life in "The Revelation of St. John."

Rev 2: 7

He that hath an ear let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the Churches:

"To him that overcometh, I will give to eat of the Tree of Life, which is in the center of the paradise of GOD."

REVELATIONS!

I am not a "creation,"

A creation is an object, like a body.

I am not a body, I am an eternal soul and I originate out of "GOD."

Please do not confuse me with the flesh, it is deeply insulting.

Mathew 23: 9

And call no man your father upon the earth:

For one is your father which is in heaven.

Lucidthots said:
I am not a "creation,"

A creation is an object, like a body.

I am not a body, I am an eternal soul and I originate out of "GOD."

Please do not confuse me with the flesh, it is deeply insulting.

Mathew 23: 9

And call no man your father upon the earth:

For one is your father which is in heaven.

Nice try but you can't use a source that you claim to be entirely ficticious and based on lies. I think you're part of that nutty cult that thinks they're God incarnate.

Back
Top Bottom