• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Origin of the Tree of Life

Lucidthots

Banned
Joined
Sep 16, 2005
Messages
979
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Private



Genesis 3: 22 (TORAH)

Now that man has become like one of us, knowing good and evil, what if he should stretch out his hand and take also from the Tree of Life and eat and live forever!


We see in this passage the "God of this world's" opposition to man's quest for Knowledge and Immortality.

The Judaic Philosophy appears to be rooted in this hatred for man, and hatred for man's quest for spiritual knowledge and liberation.

This myth of course was not original to the Torah which came out of Egypt, but was written by Babylonian Jews circa 581 b.c. after the diaspora. These "Jews" denied the religious nature of "Israel" and emphasized the racial elements of the metaphor of Abraham as the father of many nations.

In truth, to be the "seed" of Abraham all one must do is be a follower of God, not be of a particular racial descendant as the so-called "Jews" believe. It is in fact merely a metaphor.


Genesis 3: 23-24 (Torah)

So The Lord God, banished him, from the garden of Eden.........He drove the man out, and stationed "East" of the garden of Eden, the Cherubim, and the fiery, ever turning sword to guard the way to the TREE OF LIFE.


It is quite astonishing how this so-called "god" could be so thoroughly opposed to man's quest for spiritual liberation from this world......it is an anomaly of the Bible which has until now remained unexplained.

We were told that the serpent is an evil being, the devil.

However the Halmark of the "devil" is that the devil is a "deceiver" a god of lies, god of deception.....correct?

Well we have the first lie coming out of the mouth of the so-called "god," the god of this world, the god of the garden:

Genesis 2: 17

"....but as for the Tree of Knowledge of good and Evil, you must not eat of it, for as soon as you eat of it you shall die."


This was clearly a lie as Eve did not die rather as the Torah states:

Genesis 3: 6-7

When the Woman saw that the "Tree" was good for eating........and that the "Tree" was desirable as a source of wisdom, she took of its fruit and ate. She also gave some to her husband and he ate. Then the eyes of both of them were opened..."


Clearly, they did not die rather, achieved enlightenment.

Logically we must make the next critical step and name this "god" a Liar.

A God of Lies.

A God of deception.

This so-called "god" lied to mankind in an effort to prevent man from achieving spiritual understanding.

In the New Testament Christ alludes to this suppression of Knowledge by the Jewish Religious Establishment.

Mathew 23: 13

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for you neither go in yourselves, neither do you allow them that are entering to go in.


So what then, is the TREE OF LIFE, what is it supposed to "symbolize."

The short answer to that question is simply-GOD.

The Tree of Life is a metaphor for GOD; "the divine origin of all life."

The origin of this metaphor is found in the Vedic Hymns, the religious teachings of India.

Specifically in the teachings known as the UPANISHADS.

The word "upanishad" means to "sit down near."


Here is a passage from the Vedic text:

The Tree of Eternity has its roots above and its branches on earth below.

Its pure root is Brahman (GOD) the immortal, from whom all the worlds draw their life and whom none can transcend.

For this SELF is supreme!


And again,

"I have become one with the Tree of Life."

"My glory rises like the mountain peak."

"I have realized the SELF, who is ever-pure, all-knowing, radiant, and immortal."


Now some of you will still say....."well.....you know......that Tree of Life is evil and that is why we Christians must not partake of it."

Here is what it says about the Tree of Life in "The Revelation of St. John."

Rev 2: 7

He that hath an ear let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the Churches:

"To him that overcometh, I will give to eat of the Tree of Life, which is in the center of the paradise of GOD."
 
Last edited:

Binyamin

Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2005
Messages
157
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
So much wrong.... Where to start.

Lucidthots said:
Genesis 3: 22 (TORAH)

Now that man has become like one of us, knowing good and evil, what if he should stretch out his hand and take also from the Tree of Life and eat and live forever!
First of all, your translation is missing several Hebrew words, "Adonai" "Elohim" as well as a few others and mistranslates a few words.
This is a better translation...
"And Hashem G-d said, "Behold man has become like the Unique One among us, knowing good and bad; and now, lest he put forth his hand and take also of the Tree of Life, and eat and live forever!"


Lucidthots said:
We see in this passage the "God of this world's" opposition to man's quest for Knowledge and Immortality.
No, we don't see this. . .
Hashem grieved at the sin and its results, for Adam had now made it impossible for G-d to allow him to stay in the garden. By eating from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, Man had become "like the Unique One among us", meaning that he had become unique among the terrestial ones, just as G-d is unique among the celestial ones, for now Man can discriminate between good and bad, a quality not possessed by cattle and beasts. So because Man has this unique ability to know good and evil, and his desire for sensual gratification had become enhanced, there was a new danger. If man kept the capacity to live forever, he might well spend all his days pursuing gratification and cast away intellectual growth and good deeds. He would fail to attain the spiritual bliss that G-d intended for him. If so, Man had to be banished from Eden so that he would not be able to eat from the Tree of Life and live forever.

Lucidthots said:
The Judaic Philosophy appears to be rooted in this hatred for man, and hatred for man's quest for spiritual knowledge and liberation.
No, it has to do with the possibility of becoming a vessel for evil to live in forever.

Lucidthots said:
This myth of course was not original to the Torah which came out of Egypt, but was written by Babylonian Jews circa 581 b.c. after the diaspora. These "Jews" denied the religious nature of "Israel" and emphasized the racial elements of the metaphor of Abraham as the father of many nations.
I'm so glad that you believe this to be a metaphor... Remind me, Christianity, Judaism, Islam, ect... You're right though, it must be a metaphor...

Lucidthots said:
In truth, to be the "seed" of Abraham all one must do is be a follower of God, not be of a particular racial descendant as the so-called "Jews" believe. It is in fact merely a metaphor.
And where did your epifany come from?


Lucidthots said:
Genesis 3: 23-24 (Torah)

So The Lord God, banished him, from the garden of Eden.........He drove the man out, and stationed "East" of the garden of Eden, the Cherubim, and the fiery, ever turning sword to guard the way to the TREE OF LIFE.
You do know what the Cherubim are, correct? They are destructive angels who have the responsibility of preventing man from discovering and re-entering the garden. Their purpose is to symbolize how children have the potential to become holy or destructive.

Lucidthots said:
It is quite astonishing how this so-called "god" could be so thoroughly opposed to man's quest for spiritual liberation from this world......it is an anomaly of the Bible which has until now remained unexplained.
Yes, and I'm sure after deep research you figured this out...

It's not that he is opposed to man's quest for learning, it's that man has a desire for sensual gratification, so he might spend his time looking for gratification.

Lucidthots said:
We were told that the serpent is an evil being, the devil.
Were you? They lied, the Midrash teaches that before Hashem cursed the beast, it stood erect and was endowed with some faculty of communication.

Lucidthots said:
However the Halmark of the "devil" is that the devil is a "deceiver" a god of lies, god of deception.....correct?
Do you know the significance of the yetzer ra? Look it up.

Lucidthots said:
Well we have the first lie coming out of the mouth of the so-called "god," the god of this world, the god of the garden:

Genesis 2: 17

"....but as for the Tree of Knowledge of good and Evil, you must not eat of it, for as soon as you eat of it you shall die."
כִּי, בְּיוֹם אֲכָלְךָ מִמֶּנּוּ - which translates to, "For on the day you eat of it", all that means is that the day onto which you eat you will be filled with the yetzer ra of jealousy, lust, and honor will be aroused within the person. Thus, making it impossible for them to achieve the complete spirituality.

מוֹת תָּמוּת - You shall surely die. This doesn't mean immediately, it mean that they would become the subject of death. The Midrash teaches that if he has never sinned, his holiness would have kept him alive forever.

Lucidthots said:
This was clearly a lie as Eve did not die rather as the Torah states:

Genesis 3: 6-7

When the Woman saw that the "Tree" was good for eating........and that the "Tree" was desirable as a source of wisdom, she took of its fruit and ate. She also gave some to her husband and he ate. Then the eyes of both of them were opened..."


Clearly, they did not die rather, achieved enlightenment.
Do you know the significance of when Eve added to the commandment, "Nor touch it"? It's in Bereishis 3:3, וְלֹא תִגְּעוּ בּוֹ.

Why don't you look up the significance and what the Midrash tells us about this... I shouldn't need to explain everything, since you probably don't even know what the Midrash is.

Lucidthots said:
Logically we must make the next critical step and name this "god" a Liar.

A God of Lies.

A God of deception.
Logically, we must make the next critical step and name you as uneducated...

Lucidthots said:
This so-called "god" lied to mankind in an effort to prevent man from achieving spiritual understanding.
No, you have it reversed, by eating of the fruit, man lost his spiritual understanding. You have Eve to blame for the mess since she admonished Hashem's commandment by adding to it.
 
Joined
Aug 11, 2005
Messages
1,670
Reaction score
17
Location
Ohio
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Binyamin said:
First of all, your translation is missing several Hebrew words, "Adonai" "Elohim" as well as a few others and mistranslates a few words.This is a better translation...
"And Hashem G-d said, "Behold man has become like the Unique One among us, knowing good and bad; and now, lest he put forth his hand and take also of the Tree of Life, and eat and live forever!"
The translation of Genesis 3:22-24 is "And the Lord God said, "Now that the man has become like one of us, knowing good and bad, what if he should stretch out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever!" So the Lord God banished him from the garden of Eden to till the soil from which he was taken. He drove the man out, and stationed east of the garden of Eden the cherubim and the fiery ever-turning sword, to guard the way to the tree of life."

Binyamin said:
No, it has to do with the possibility of becoming a vessel for evil to live in forever.
You are correct. God had already seen what happened among the angels. Some chose to rebel against him..he did not want to take the risk with men.

Binyamin said:
It's not that he is opposed to man's quest for learning, it's that man has a desire for sensual gratification, so he might spend his time looking for gratification.
Ehhh I'm not entirely sure thats the reason. Even the angels desire sexual contact as displayed in the translation of Genesis 6:1-4 "When men began to increase on earth and daughters were born to them, the divine beings saw how beautiful the daughters of men were and took wives amoung those that pleased them. The Lord said, "My breath shall not abide in man forever, since he too is flesh; let the days of allowed him be one hundred and twenty years." AIt was then, and later too, that the Nephilim appeared on earth - when the divine beings cohabited with the daughters of men, who bore them offspring. They were the heroes of old, the men of renown." I noticed that this bit was butchered in the NIV and KJV versions.

I have a copy of the Tanakh should you require more translations.
 

Binyamin

Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2005
Messages
157
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Napoleon's Nightingale said:
The translation of Genesis 3:22-24 is "And the Lord God said, "Now that the man has become like one of us, knowing good and bad, what if he should stretch out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever!" So the Lord God banished him from the garden of Eden to till the soil from which he was taken. He drove the man out, and stationed east of the garden of Eden the cherubim and the fiery ever-turning sword, to guard the way to the tree of life."
Uhh I don't agree with the way you translate כְּאַחַד מִמֶּנּוּ. Why do you translate it as you do, it means unique.

Napoleon's Nightingale said:
You are correct. God had already seen what happened among the angels. Some chose to rebel against him..he did not want to take the risk with men.
Well, I don't agree with the idea that angels rebel against Hashem, every angel, in my opinion is created for one sole purpose.

Napoleon's Nightingale said:
Ehhh I'm not entirely sure thats the reason. Even the angels desire sexual contact as displayed in the translation of Genesis 6:1-4 "When men began to increase on earth and daughters were born to them, the divine beings saw how beautiful the daughters of men were and took wives amoung those that pleased them. The Lord said, "My breath shall not abide in man forever, since he too is flesh; let the days of allowed him be one hundred and twenty years."
The word HaElohim always implies rulership, so it should be: The sons of the rulers. Nice try though, look in Shemos 4:16. If you're translating it literally, it would be, "The sons of G-d". Do you really think the Divine Being's, in your opinion -Angels- would marry into a relationship with humans? No.

Napoleon's Nightingale said:
AIt was then, and later too, that the Nephilim appeared on earth - when the divine beings cohabited with the daughters of men, who bore them offspring. They were the heroes of old, the men of renown."
Okay, I'll explain this once...

V'na HaElohim are the G-d fearing descendents of Seth, while the Daughters of man are the iniquitous descendants of Cain. The result of such marriages was that Seth's rightous offspring were enticed by the proponents of a godless, depraved culture, and suffered the fate that destroyed mankind. (Rashi)

Napoleon's Nightingale said:
I noticed that this bit was butchered in the NIV and KJV versions.
I've never read them.

Napoleon's Nightingale said:
I have a copy of the Tanakh should you require more translations.
Good for you, I don't need help translating, if I do, I'll contact my Rabbi. Do you speak hebrew fluently?
 

Lucidthots

Banned
Joined
Sep 16, 2005
Messages
979
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Private
Binyamin said:
So much wrong..
Well Benjamin...it is quite telling that you left out the most critical part......which is that the Tree of Life is a VEDIC metaphor for GOD.

THE ONE GOD!

Of course I can not expect any truth to come out of you....."the Torah" is a concatenation of lies and plagiraisms of Mesopotamian Legend and mythology.

The Torah is a plagiarism.

The "Jews" who wrote it stole the Mesopotamian legends and gave the characters "Jewish" names in order to "invent" a heritage that they could use to trace back through Noah/Utnapishtim through Adam and thereby to their imaginary God.

Noah/Utnapishtim
Moses/Akhenaton
Solomon's Temple/ Gudea's Temple

The Torah is clearly a plagiarism, a hoax, and a concatenation of lies!

And quite racist, bigoted and genocidal at that.

I think it could best be described as S A T A N I C!
 
Last edited:
Joined
Aug 11, 2005
Messages
1,670
Reaction score
17
Location
Ohio
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Binyamin said:
Uhh I don't agree with the way you translate כְּאַחַד מִמֶּנּוּ. Why do you translate it as you do, it means unique.
The JPS translated it that way. Ask them, or better yet, ask your Rabbi.


Binyamin said:
Well, I don't agree with the idea that angels rebel against Hashem, every angel, in my opinion is created for one sole purpose.
Satan himself was an angel at one time. It only follows that he rebelled against God and that all angels, as well as men, have the free will to decide whether or not to obey. Were we not created for one sole purpose also? I believe we were...although do not believe that God created the angels.


Binyamin said:
The word HaElohim always implies rulership, so it should be: The sons of the rulers. Nice try though, look in Shemos 4:16. If you're translating it literally, it would be, "The sons of G-d". Do you really think the Divine Being's, in your opinion -Angels- would marry into a relationship with humans? No.
"Divine beings" is the way the JPS translated it but if you assert that God created then angels then they too would be "sons of God." Would angels marry humans? I don't see whynot. I don't believe they do so anymore or at anytime after the flood.

Binyamin said:
V'na HaElohim are the G-d fearing descendents of Seth, while the Daughters of man are the iniquitous descendants of Cain. The result of such marriages was that Seth's rightous offspring were enticed by the proponents of a godless, depraved culture, and suffered the fate that destroyed mankind. (Rashi)
The decendents of Seth did not fear God. They were blessed by God.
 

Lucidthots

Banned
Joined
Sep 16, 2005
Messages
979
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Private
Lucidthots said:
Well Benjamin...it is quite telling that you left out the most critical part......which is that the Tree of Life is a VEDIC metaphor for GOD.

THE ONE GOD!

Of course I can not expect any truth to come out of you....."the Torah" is a concatenation of lies and plagiraisms of Mesopotamian Legend and mythology.

The Torah is a plagiarism.

The "Jews" who wrote it stole the Mesopotamian legends and gave the characters "Jewish" names in order to "invent" a heritage that they could use to trace back through Noah/Utnapishtim through Adam and thereby to their imaginary God.

Noah/Utnapishtim
Moses/Akhenaton
Solomon's Temple/ Gudea's Temple

The Torah is clearly a plagiarism, a hoax, and a concatenation of lies!

And quite racist, bigoted and genocidal at that.

I think it could best be described as S A T A N I C!
YOU BOTH MISSED THE POINT OF THIS POST WHICH IS THE ORIGIN OF THE METAPHOR OF THE TREE OF LIFE!

IT IS A VEDIC METAPHOR FOR THE ONE TRUE GOD!
 
Joined
Aug 11, 2005
Messages
1,670
Reaction score
17
Location
Ohio
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Lucidthots said:
YOU BOTH MISSED THE POINT OF THIS POST WHICH IS THE ORIGIN OF THE METAPHOR OF THE TREE OF LIFE!

IT IS A VEDIC METAPHOR FOR THE ONE TRUE GOD!

No it isn't. The tree of life is seperate from God.
 

Lucidthots

Banned
Joined
Sep 16, 2005
Messages
979
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Private
I SAID THAT IT IS A VEDIC METAPHOR FOR THE ONE TRUE GOD!

WHAT DO YOU MEAN?------"NO IT IS NOT."

DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE WORD VEDIC MEANS?

YOU ARE NOT MAKING ANY SENSE!

I included the Vedic referrence as well as the New Testament reference in my original post----try to understand what is being discussed before you post an opinion
 
Last edited:
Joined
Aug 11, 2005
Messages
1,670
Reaction score
17
Location
Ohio
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Lucidthots said:
I SAID THAT IT IS A VEDIC METAPHOR FOR THE ONE TRUE GOD!

WHAT DO YOU MEAN?------"NO IT IS NOT."

DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE WORD VEDIC MEANS?

YOU ARE NOT MAKING ANY SENSE!

I included the Vedic referrence as well as the New Testament reference in my original post----try to understand what is being discussed before you post an opinion

You are a pinhead. Yes I know what vedic is and next time you try to make a point use an argument with some meat to it and use the correct translations of the text. The tree of life is not a vedic metaphor.
 

Binyamin

Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2005
Messages
157
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Lucidthots said:
Well Benjamin...it is quite telling that you left out the most critical part......which is that the Tree of Life is a VEDIC metaphor for GOD.
What the hell is a vedic metaphor?

Of or relating to the Veda or Vedas, the variety of Sanskrit in which they are written, or the Hindu culture that produced them.
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=vedic

Why would the Hindu culture (who has nothing to do with the bible) suddenly create a metaphor for Hashem?

Lucidthots said:
Of course I can not expect any truth to come out of you....."the Torah" is a concatenation of lies and plagiraisms of Mesopotamian Legend and mythology.
Do you know what the Midrash is? Mishnah? Gemora? you don't? Okay, as I thought, you're not an authority.

Lucidthots said:
The Torah is a plagiarism.
Cool, then don't follow it, I'm not forcing you to.

Lucidthots said:
The "Jews" who wrote it stole the Mesopotamian legends and gave the characters "Jewish" names in order to "invent" a heritage that they could use to trace back through Noah/Utnapishtim through Adam and thereby to their imaginary God.
You're so right, Gilgamesh ran up the mountain because the gods didn't like human noise. That makes so much sense...

Couldn't it be argued that because their are so many different variations of the events (flood) that a flood did in fact happen. It just boils down to what you consider more of an authority on the facts of the case, the bible or the story of gilgamesh.

Lucidthots said:
The Torah is clearly a plagiarism, a hoax, and a concatenation of lies!
If you want to dicuss the Torah, at least show some respect.

Lucidthots said:
And quite racist, bigoted and genocidal at that.
Which parts?

Lucidthots said:
I think it could best be described as S A T A N I C!
I think you could be best described as M O R O N I C! But lets stick to the facts and try and at least debate without just saying, it's dumb. Why not present something, then we can talk.
 

Lucidthots

Banned
Joined
Sep 16, 2005
Messages
979
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Private
Binyamin said:
What the hell is a vedic metaphor?


http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=vedic

Why would the Hindu culture (who has nothing to do with the bible) suddenly create a metaphor for Hashem?


Do you know what the Midrash is? Mishnah? Gemora? you don't? Okay, as I thought, you're not an authority.


Cool, then don't follow it, I'm not forcing you to.


You're so right, Gilgamesh ran up the mountain because the gods didn't like human noise. That makes so much sense...

Couldn't it be argued that because their are so many different variations of the events (flood) that a flood did in fact happen. It just boils down to what you consider more of an authority on the facts of the case, the bible or the story of gilgamesh.


If you want to dicuss the Torah, at least show some respect.


Which parts?


I think you could be best described as M O R O N I C! But lets stick to the facts and try and at least debate without just saying, it's dumb. Why not present something, then we can talk.
THE VEDA PREDATES YOUR TORAH BY THOUSANDS OF YEARS IN THE ORAL TRADITION


IT DATES BACK 10,000 YEARS.

THE TREE OF ETERNITY IS A VEDIC METAPHOR FOR THE ONE TRUE GOD!


 

Binyamin

Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2005
Messages
157
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Napoleon's Nightingale said:
The JPS translated it that way. Ask them, or better yet, ask your Rabbi.
So a translation is better then the original text? The fact is Rashi, Ramban, and all sages commentary points that the meaning of this isn't "Divine beings" or angels. Elohim implies rulership. This has not to do with just translating, but a lot to do with understanding the language. Kind of like when you guys ****ed up every translation Melachim II 8:10 in every book. Your translations are not perfect and you need to understand the Hebrew, which also means understanding what a Kri and Ktiv are when it comes to biblical study.

Napoleon's Nightingale said:
Satan himself was an angel at one time. It only follows that he rebelled against God and that all angels, as well as men, have the free will to decide whether or not to obey. Were we not created for one sole purpose also? I believe we were...although do not believe that God created the angels.
Where do you get the idea that angels can do more then one purpose? They have more then one function? From the Midrash, "One angel does not perform two missions." Also, why is that initially 3 angels, Michael, Gabriel, and Raphael visit Sodom, instead of just one? Why in the second coming of the angels, only two are there? Hint: One had completed his mission. If you choose to ignore the Midrash, then there is nothing to debate, the Jewish perspective is as I stated.


Napoleon's Nightingale said:
"Divine beings" is the way the JPS translated it but if you assert that God created then angels then they too would be "sons of God." Would angels marry humans? I don't see whynot. I don't believe they do so anymore or at anytime after the flood.
Again, I don't believe the JPS to be anywhere close to being perfect. Nor is the NIV, NASB, or any other translation. If you want to learn the meaning of the Torah, learn hebrew, and I don't mean being able to go to a book and look up every word in the sentance.

Napoleon's Nightingale said:
The decendents of Seth did not fear God. They were blessed by God.
It helps if you support your claims w/ passages.
 

Lucidthots

Banned
Joined
Sep 16, 2005
Messages
979
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Private
Binyamin said:
It helps if you support your claims w/ passages.
According to the Torah........Abrahams forefathers were from India.
 

Binyamin

Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2005
Messages
157
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Lucidthots said:
THE VEDA PREDATES YOUR TORAH BY THOUSANDS OF YEARS IN THE ORAL TRADITION


IT DATES BACK 10,000 YEARS.

THE TREE OF ETERNITY IS A VEDIC METAPHOR FOR THE ONE TRUE GOD!


I'm glad you know how to use large letters, what the **** is a vedic metaphor? You don't even know anything about the oral tradition, here's a question since you claim to be an expert, who gave us the oral law? When was it given to the Jews? When was the Torah given to the Jews? What's the Mishnah? What's the Gemora? What's the Midrash? What is a Kri? A ktiv?

Oh you don't know? Then shut up about concepts which are too complicated for you to understand. I don't claim to understand the muslim texts, because I'm not an expert, you act like an expert and don't understand anything about Judaism. At least have the decency to show some respect and address it as a question instead of posting in large letters how stupid something is. Again, why would I care what the Hindu perspective is on a Jewish document?
 

Lucidthots

Banned
Joined
Sep 16, 2005
Messages
979
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Private
Genesis 11: 2- (JPS Torah)

And as they migrated from the EAST, they came upon a Valley in the Land of Shinar (Mesopotamia).

QUESTION: WHAT IS EAST OF MESOPOTAMIA?


ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
 

Lucidthots

Banned
Joined
Sep 16, 2005
Messages
979
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Private
Binyamin said:
what the **** is a vedic metaphor?

METAPHOR= A SYMBOL

VEDIC = ANCIENT SPIRITUAL TEACHING OF INDIA
 

Binyamin

Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2005
Messages
157
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Lucidthots said:
According to the Torah........Abrahams forefathers were from India.
Read Bereishis 5:29
 

Binyamin

Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2005
Messages
157
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Lucidthots said:
Genesis 11: 2- (JPS Torah)

And as they migrated from the EAST, they came upon a Valley in the Land of Shinar (Mesopotamia).

QUESTION: WHAT IS EAST OF MESOPOTAMIA?


ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
Question: The earth according the bible, isn't even 6000 years old, so why are you using non-biblical scripture to attempt to justify biblical scripture?

hahahaha!

Stop acting like a child.
 

Binyamin

Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2005
Messages
157
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Lucidthots said:
WHY SHOULD I READ A FAIRY TALE?
Why do you cite a fairy tale? Bereishis = Genesis you moron.

Third time:

Here's a question since you claim to be an expert, who gave us the oral law? When was it given to the Jews? When was the Torah given to the Jews? What's the Mishnah? What's the Gemora? What's the Midrash? What is a Kri? A ktiv?
 

Lucidthots

Banned
Joined
Sep 16, 2005
Messages
979
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Private
JOSHUA 11: 14

"........but they (Israelites) cut down their populations with the sword, until they exterminated them; they did not spare a soul. Just as the Lord had commanded......"

S A T A N I C
 

Lucidthots

Banned
Joined
Sep 16, 2005
Messages
979
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Private
JOSHUA 11: 6

"........I will have them all lying dead before Israel!"



DISGUSTING!
 

Lucidthots

Banned
Joined
Sep 16, 2005
Messages
979
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Private
GENESIS: 9: 25

Cursed be Canaan:

The lowest of the slaves he shall be to his brothers.

Blessed be the Lord, God of Shem:

Let Canaan be a slave to them.


RACIST!
 

Binyamin

Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2005
Messages
157
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Lucidthots said:
JOSHUA 11: 14

"........but they (Israelites) cut down their populations with the sword, until they exterminated them; they did not spare a soul. Just as the Lord had commanded......"

S A T A N I C
Yehoshua 11:5 וַיִּוָּעֲדוּ, כֹּל הַמְּלָכִים הָאֵלֶּה; וַיָּבֹאוּ וַיַּחֲנוּ יַחְדָּו, אֶל-מֵי מֵרוֹם, לְהִלָּחֵם, עִם-יִשְׂרָאֵל

Next?

Also, Americans did the same to the Native Americans, does that make them...

S A TA N I C?

Please stop enlarging your text it's very immature.
 
Top Bottom