• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Organic protests? No organization?

Lutherf

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

I'm thinking that this might be an indication that some form of protest planning happened at some point. I'm also thinking that some form of communication with certain "protesters" is happening.

Somebody really should forward this kind of thing to Chris Wray so that maybe he can understand how stupid he sounds when he tries to tell us that Antifa is more ideology than it is organization.

I'm thinking that this might be an indication that some form of protest planning happened at some point. I'm also thinking that some form of communication with certain "protesters" is happening.

Somebody really should forward this kind of thing to Chris Wray so that maybe he can understand how stupid he sounds when he tries to tell us that Antifa is more ideology than it is organization.

Let me paraphrase...Do you understand how simple minded you sound when you try to tell us Antifa is more organization than ideology?

Let me paraphrase...Do you understand how simple minded you sound when you try to tell us Antifa is more organization than ideology?
With all due respect, unless Antifa has decided to write their manifestos in spray paint and charred trash cans then they are, in fact, more organization than ideology. Besides, in the grand scheme of things, "give us what we want or we'll burn it all down....actually, we'll burn it all down anyway" isn't much of an ideology. What you have is a bunch of punks and spoiled brats that read a little Peter Kropotkin and watched the Russian version of the Nestor Makhno documentary then decided that wrecking everything they come in contact with is "cool".

Of-course protests are somewhat planned, it is silly to think otherwise. That said, Antifa are not really protestors, but you know that already

Of-course protests are somewhat planned, it is silly to think otherwise. That said, Antifa are not really protestors, but you know that already
That's quite true!! They are, in fact, a paramilitary organization focused on creating chaos and promoting political discord with the ultimate objective being a social revolution that casts off Capitalism, religion and all forms of individualism in favor of collective rule. Come to think of it, that's kind of the same methodology a lot of terrorist groups use to advance their goals.

That's quite true!! They are, in fact, a paramilitary organization focused on creating chaos and promoting political discord with the ultimate objective being a social revolution that casts off Capitalism, religion and all forms of individualism in favor of collective rule. Come to think of it, that's kind of the same methodology a lot of terrorist groups use to advance their goals.
A group that will never be accepted by the Vast Majority of Americans. We have always had groups like them and they will just fade away like the rest.

That's quite true!! They are, in fact, a paramilitary organization focused on with the ultimate objective being a social revolution that casts off Capitalism, religion and all forms of individualism in favor of collective rule. Come to think of it, that's kind of the same methodology a lot of terrorist groups use to advance their goals.
I've always figured that it was to be a violent overthrow of the United States government by force, but "creating chaos and promoting political discord" works for me too.

Wow, a guy telling a crowd to help keep the peace. You really found some nefarious plotting there, Lutherf. Way to go. This is worse than Obama's tan suit. I mean, they guy is asking people to be peaceful! Clearly it's a plot to loot and burn.

Per Trumpists, ANTIFA is anyone shown doing something naughty while wearing all black.

After all these protests over YEARS it occurs to me that I have yet to see anyone in the media point out the irony of "peaceful protesters" shouting "NO JUSTICE. NO PEACE!". How does one square that with "peaceful protest"?

Here's some organized planning:

After all these protests over YEARS it occurs to me that I have yet to see anyone in the media point out the irony of "peaceful protesters" shouting "NO JUSTICE. NO PEACE!". How does one square that with "peaceful protest"?
Should they whisper their chants?

With all due respect, unless Antifa has decided to write their manifestos in spray paint and charred trash cans then they are, in fact, more organization than ideology. Besides, in the grand scheme of things, "give us what we want or we'll burn it all down....actually, we'll burn it all down anyway" isn't much of an ideology. What you have is a bunch of punks and spoiled brats that read a little Peter Kropotkin and watched the Russian version of the Nestor Makhno documentary then decided that wrecking everything they come in contact with is "cool".
A bunch of punks are by definition...not an organization.

Uhhh, they're words.

I am thinking that the most organized group out there are the gun totting TERRORIST White Supremacist groups roaming the streets looking for trouble.

Besides, in the grand scheme of things, "give us what we want or we'll burn it all down....actually, we'll burn it all down anyway" isn't much of an ideology. What you have is a bunch of punks and spoiled brats that read a little Peter Kropotkin and watched the Russian version of the Nestor Makhno documentary then decided that wrecking everything they come in contact with is "cool".

Rightsplanations about left-wing things are always useful.

Forward this instead:

After over a decade of your side threatening civil war, I've decided (and I seriously doubt I am alone in this) that I WANT that civil war.
Only difference is, it will be fought on OUR terms, not yours, and at a time and place of OUR choosing, not yours.
It is clear to a growing number of people that this is not going to stop with a Trump defeat and it's no longer a question of IF Trumpers will react with violence at the news, but a question of WHEN.
And when it happens, that's when Trumpers will discover just how outnumbered they really are.

Back
Top Bottom