• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

O'Relly again proves just how low a human can sink

If Obermann wasn't so desperate for an audience there would be nothing here. He is the one obsessed with the other and he does so only because he can attrach the extremist to his show who believe the way to make thier point is to denigrate the other side. ORielly had a point, Donahue hade higher ratings than Obermann, they should bring him back, and ORielly like Donahue personally. Obermann just can't take a joke can he. The ORielly viewers think it funny, the Obermann viewers have thier panties in a wad.

cnredd said:
One of these days...

Just ONE of them...maybe you'll learn that everybody doesn't pander like you wish to make your generalizations so friggin' concrete in your own mind...

From a post made by me over 7 months ago...

Now what you do lovebirds need to do is...

a) Realize that not everyone sucks down partisan punditry like you'd believe...
b) Try to figure out a way of not demonizing everyone because of their political affiliations...

Think you could do either?...

CNRedd:

I wasn't referring to ALL conservatives in my post. While I do not agree with the majority of the conservative philosophy, my gripe is not with conservatives.
What drives me insane are the FEW right-wingers on this board who it is obvious listen to these clowns and then immediately jump on this board and start spouting off their talking points. It is obvious who they are because they do the same thing day after day. You can tell what O'Reilly's or Hannity's propaganda of the day are
by reading their posts.

Stinger said:
If Obermann wasn't so desperate for an audience there would be nothing here. He is the one obsessed with the other and he does so only because he can attrach the extremist to his show who believe the way to make thier point is to denigrate the other side. ORielly had a point, Donahue hade higher ratings than Obermann, they should bring him back, and ORielly like Donahue personally. Obermann just can't take a joke can he. The ORielly viewers think it funny, the Obermann viewers have thier panties in a wad.

Olbermann is in the same position that O'Reilly was after three years on the air. Of course he's looking to increase his viewer base.. To suggest that anyone on TV isn't is just plain stupid.

Donahue's ratings were higher than Olberman's? maybe but so far no one has given definite proof of this. No links, no stats just talk and babble at that. Bring Donahue back? Why it won't work and if MSNBC does what some jackass on another network tells them to do...nah just more stupidity. maybe next year Ford will listen to advice from GM. Sheeesh. Just plain dumb.

Take a joke.. sh¡t O'Reilly only cracks a smile over an old lady falling under a bus or a truck load of dead babies and preferably Muslim ones at that.

Why is it that everyone who has a gripe with O'Reilly tends to get their information (not that this thread was introduced with any) exclusively from his enemies and then feel qualified to preach?

The title of this thread SHOULD BE:

Liberals prove once again how little merit, substance they require before smearing people who dare to disagree with them.

aquapub said:
Why is it that everyone who has a gripe with O'Reilly tends to get their information (not that this thread was introduced with any) exclusively from his enemies

Because O'Reilly doesn't have any friends.

Stinger said:

Donahue beat up O'Reilly on the Factor, and Baxter said he'd never again have Donahue on again. So I don't think
ORielly like (sic) Donahue personally
If this was really about low ratings, O'Reilly would be petitioning to get Tucker Carlson or Joe Scarborough off the air, both of their ratings are significantly lower than KO's.

KO's ratings are on the rise while Baxter's are headed south.

Bill_and_Phil_on_The_Factor.jpg

Here are the official ratings, adults 25 to 54 for Wednesday night of this week at 8 p.m. Eastern. O'Reilly, 309,000; this program, (Countdown) 231,000; Nancy Grace Knows What You Did Last Summer [CNN Headline News' Nancy Grace], 131,000; [CNN's] Paula Zahn Now, 81,000. Our audience was 75 percent of Ted Baxter's. It ain't perfect. Then again, he's been on for nearly 10 years, and we're still a month away from our third anniversary. So, now I'm expecting that soon I'll be getting a visit from the Bill O'Reilly police, armed with loofahs.
http://mediamatters.org/items/200603060009

Last edited:
If I may opine or bloviate.......:rofl

Watching Bill O'Reilly has made me so dizzy from the spin I cannot seem to to figure out how, in one breath, a neo-con will say "The left-wing liberal biased media" and in another breath talk about how Bill O'Reilly is blowing everone away in ratings.

Now......seems to me...if Mr. O'Reilly truly has this much clout and political capitol, wouldn't that be a right-wing bias? :confused: I never considered O'Reilly a leftwing liberal??? Which is it?

Maybe I just need more coffee.......

Inuyasha said:

What a delicious article! Some interesting background and insight. I will print it in it's entirety so I have a hard copy. Thank you for posting the link. Marvelous! It changes nothing, however.

The fact that it is O'Reilly who is the target of so much speculation and venom is a credit to him. The reason he is always in the crosshairs has less to do with his opinions than with his success. You don't see Coulter getting slammed constantly in the media, though she is far more conservative than O'Reilly. That is because it is generally assumed that she is a crack-pot. The left knows she is not taken seriously. O'Reilly, on the other hand, has a large following of conservatives and moderates.

And let's face it, liberals are scared of him. He has a keen mind and ruthless wit. The left is used to being the masters of cutting rhetoric and indignation. Now O'Reilly has built a missile silo on their turf and that makes them nervous. None of the blowhards want to be a guest on his show because they know he can cut them to ribbons.

Hollywood and the music scene have to hate him. He calls them out when they get stupid, ranting against the war while holding rallies for multiple-murderer Tookie W. and singing about the advantages of rape, drugs, and killing any one who shows disrespect.

Despite all this, O'Reilly is the best thing to happen to the left in a long time. He is the Goliath they can fling stones at (from a safe distance, of course). Conversely, O'Reilly gets to play as captain of the guard, defending civilization from hordes of leftist barbarians. Both Goliath and the Barbarians get rich in the process. Straight economics.

This is all business as usual in politics and entertainment. Bill O'Reilly just happens to be better at it than anyone else.

Room101 said:
What a delicious article! Some interesting background and insight. I will print it in it's entirety so I have a hard copy. Thank you for posting the link. Marvelous! It changes nothing, however.

The fact that it is O'Reilly who is the target of so much speculation and venom is a credit to him. The reason he is always in the crosshairs has less to do with his opinions than with his success. You don't see Coulter getting slammed constantly in the media, though she is far more conservative than O'Reilly. That is because it is generally assumed that she is a crack-pot. The left knows she is not taken seriously. O'Reilly, on the other hand, has a large following of conservatives and moderates.

And let's face it, liberals are scared of him. He has a keen mind and ruthless wit. The left is used to being the masters of cutting rhetoric and indignation. Now O'Reilly has built a missile silo on their turf and that makes them nervous. None of the blowhards want to be a guest on his show because they know he can cut them to ribbons.

Hollywood and the music scene have to hate him. He calls them out when they get stupid, ranting against the war while holding rallies for multiple-murderer Tookie W. and singing about the advantages of rape, drugs, and killing any one who shows disrespect.

Despite all this, O'Reilly is the best thing to happen to the left in a long time. He is the Goliath they can fling stones at (from a safe distance, of course). Conversely, O'Reilly gets to play as captain of the guard, defending civilization from hordes of leftist barbarians. Both Goliath and the Barbarians get rich in the process. Straight economics.

This is all business as usual in politics and entertainment. Bill O'Reilly just happens to be better at it than anyone else.

Very well said, and very much the truth.

I don't think moderates give O'reilly much concern. Sure the left hates him, the right loves him, but the middle just tolerates him. He is insignificant to us. But you're right about Coulter. She's a nut case. Even the moderates hate her.

Captain America said:
I don't think moderates give O'reilly much concern. Sure the left hates him, the right loves him, but the middle just tolerates him. He is insignificant to us. But you're right about Coulter. She's a nut case. Even the moderates hate her.

I'm a moderate, and I watch, I just don't think he would have the numbers he has, if a large percentage of centrists were not watching his program. I even have friends that are liberals that watch him, but only so they can yell at the t.v, and get some aggressions out.;)

Room101 said:

Excellent post. Certainly success has something to do with it. Case in point; Barry Bonds fir example and there are many others. We have changed as a society. We are not happy to see others get ahead as we once were. An indication of this comes right from personal injury lawyers many of whom are getting out of the business. The pendulum has swung to the other side.

Ann Coulter. I don't think we would come down as hard on her. She's a she. This again is society's mentality. Example, the young lady teacher in Florida who got a suspended sentence for sleeping with her 15 year old student. That being said, while we might (as a society) cut women some slack as in the above case we still don't respect them or trust them enough to give them the amount of responseable positions that they might deserve, That is slowly changing but I believe that is what will keep Hillery Clinton or Condi Rice out of the White House at least for the next 10 years if not longer.

LOL, I just got finished watching that clip and like O'reily or not, it was pretty funny.

It reminds me of when Tucker used to be on CNN's crossfire (or is he still on it?) and John Stewert when on and got into it with Tucker. Then tucker said something to the effect of comparing their ratings or something. John stwarts respons was, "The show that comes on before mine is PUPPETS MAKING CRANK PHONE CALLS! If your comparing yourself to me then we are in sorry shape folks!" Oh man, I almost died laughing! Did any of you see that one?

mnpollock said:
LOL, I just got finished watching that clip and like O'reily or not, it was pretty funny.

It reminds me of when Tucker used to be on CNN's crossfire (or is he still on it?) and John Stewert when on and got into it with Tucker. Then tucker said something to the effect of comparing their ratings or something. John stwarts respons was, "The show that comes on before mine is PUPPETS MAKING CRANK PHONE CALLS! If your comparing yourself to me then we are in sorry shape folks!" Oh man, I almost died laughing! Did any of you see that one?

That's a classic.

Here's my favorite line (other than Jon calling Tucker a dick;) )

STEWART: But the thing is that this -- you're doing theater, when you should be doing debate, which would be great.

The clip & transcript is here:
http://mediamatters.org/items/200410160003

That's why I can't watch these talking heads screaming at each other shows. It's too much like studio rastling.

BTW Tucker is on MSNBC now.

Last edited:
Inuyasha said:
Olbermann is in the same position that O'Reilly was after three years on the air.

When ALL of cable still had lower ratiings. Obermann has been on long enough, this is not his first stint it's not like people don't know who he is.

Of course he's looking to increase his viewer base.. To suggest that anyone on TV isn't is just plain stupid.

But it's the manner in which he is doing it. It makes him look silly with his obession over ORielly. ORielly just blows him off.

Donahue's ratings were higher than Olberman's? maybe but so far no one has given definite proof of this.

Yes ORielly did and that was his whole point.

Bring Donahue back? Why it won't work and if MSNBC does what some jackass on another network tells them to do...nah just more stupidity.

Why is it more stupid than leaving Olbermann on when his ratings are lower.

maybe next year Ford will listen to advice from GM. Sheeesh. Just plain dumb.

It was strictly tongue in cheek, on the lighter side, it was a joke, don't you get it?

Take a joke.. sh¡t O'Reilly only cracks a smile over an old lady falling under a bus or a truck load of dead babies and preferably Muslim ones at that.

No need for foul language, and ORielly has lots of humour mixed in. You guys just can't stand the fact that he makes sense most of the time.

You like O'Reilly and In you face TV, I don't. That's it. We agree to disagree. End of story.

Inuyasha said:
You like O'Reilly and In you face TV, I don't. That's it. We agree to disagree. End of story.

If it was just a matter of personal dislike, than why did you attack him so visciously? It would appear to go beyond that, at least according to your own emotions.

George_Washington said:
If it was just a matter of personal dislike, than why did you attack him so visciously? It would appear to go beyond that, at least according to your own emotions.

Well since you are analyzing take it a little fither and let's see what youcome up with,

Hint: read other posts mu me on this medium.

Inuyasha said:
Yeah that "In you(r) face" stuff really sucks...

Best kept to just doing it yourself instead of watching others do it...

Inuyasha said:
Aw I see the party of morality doesn't see morally reprehensible behavior when it's one of theirs. And you say that liberals have double standards. That's what it's really about. If it was Al Franken you'd have blue balls over it.

Inuyasha said:
You have said it all aps. Aquapub is so "blinded by his own ideology" (a phrase used by O'Reilly before he becme mad as a hatter) that he can't see the forest for the trees here.

Inuyasha said:

Why not just walk around saying you hate when people ****ing curse?...:shrug:

Wow you're way more angry than I will ever be. Too bad. Hope you sleep well tonight.

Inuyasha said:
Wow you're way more angry than I will ever be. Too bad. Hope you sleep well tonight.
Saying someone you obviously have a bias against would "crack a smile over an old lady falling under a bus or a truck load of dead babies and preferably Muslim ones at that." and then say "I" have anger issues...

You run with that...Let me know how it turns out...

cnredd said:
Saying someone you obviously have a bias against would "crack a smile over an old lady falling under a bus or a truck load of dead babies and preferably Muslim ones at that." and then say "I" have anger issues...

You run with that...Let me know how it turns out...

Making jokes when people die from a negligent smoker is indicative of someone with some sort of issues. Regardless, based upon my personal experiences with you, I would say that you, cnredd, have anger issues. LOL

Back
Top Bottom