• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

O'Reilly hits the nail on the head RE mainstream media BS

Don’t forget O’Reilly did the one deal without Fox’s knowledge in an effort to suppress it.
Not even to mention the harassment of his ex wife, who he tried to get excommunicated from their church, and then he sought an annulment for a 15 year marriage with two children! There are few who feed so exclusively on the bottom as Bill O'Reilly. But the OP would like to be entertained by his descriptions of the left's virtue signalling.

On page 221 of the great book The United States of Trump O'Reilly is speaking of the problems Trump encountered when the Access Hollywood tape came out right b4 one of the hrc/T debates. He says

[A]s a society, we have widely accepted the 'but he or she is worse' rationalization. And millions of Americans truly believe[d] that Hillary... [was] worse... no matter what [were Trump's] indiscretions... the largely phony 'virtue signaling' from other politicians and the press just annoys much of the electorate, which understands rank hypocrisy when it sees it. The truth is that every human being is a 'sinner,' it's just a matter of how bad... Sniping away smugly on cable news panels while condemning Donald Trump... does not usually sway voters who approve of the candidate. in some cases, press attacks solidify support because the candidate might be perceived to be the victim of media unfairness and overkill"
You aren't handling reality well.

COMEDY GOLD

On page 221 of the great book The United States of Trump O'Reilly is speaking of the problems Trump encountered when the Access Hollywood tape came out right b4 one of the hrc/T debates. He says

[A]s a society, we have widely accepted the 'but he or she is worse' rationalization. And millions of Americans truly believe[d] that Hillary... [was] worse... no matter what [were Trump's] indiscretions... the largely phony 'virtue signaling' from other politicians and the press just annoys much of the electorate, which understands rank hypocrisy when it sees it. The truth is that every human being is a 'sinner,' it's just a matter of how bad... Sniping away smugly on cable news panels while condemning Donald Trump... does not usually sway voters who approve of the candidate. in some cases, press attacks solidify support because the candidate might be perceived to be the victim of media unfairness and overkill"

Blah blah blah. Says nothing. “Sniping away smugly on cable news” describes himself and all the other FOX commentators. “Every human being is a sinner”. What does that have to do with anything other than trying to cover up Trump’s serial adultery and sexual abuse towards over 20 women, including rape.

Not impressed. Just more right wing excuse making for Trump.

It is true that the voting electorate preferred Trump to Hillary.

I'll leave it to history to tell us why.

did he do it live?

That’s not exactly true.is it? It was only through the vagaries of the totally outdated electoral system that Trump ended up in the WH.

Why do you think Trump was preferred? Hillary won the popular vote by more than 2%.

Why do you think Trump was preferred? Hillary won the popular vote by more than 2%.

Eh? Alright, that's fair. I was speaking of his winning the election, but you are right - he lost the popular vote. Point taken.

Eh? Alright, that's fair. I was speaking of his winning the election, but you are right - he lost the popular vote. Point taken.

Twice.....nearly ten million votes across two elections.

I was wondering if there was evidence that people did prefer Trump? Which might explain his getting as many votes as he did, considering his total inexperience and lack of preparation for the position. People don't like Hillary, but she was certainly qualified. I found it the most inexplicable election ever.

I was wondering if there was evidence that people did prefer Trump? Which might explain his getting as many votes as he did, considering his total inexperience and lack of preparation for the position. People don't like Hillary, but she was certainly qualified. I found it the most inexplicable election ever.

I'd say Trump was more charismatic than Hillary by far, but he also was more abrasive. Hillary was plastic & fake, IMO. Couldn't stand her. I vacillated with Bill, over the years. I wasn't necessarily a fan during his Presidency, though he could be charismatic with that Southern Boy charm. I tended to respect bill's skills and charm, the most. He was a very skilled politician.

I'd say Trump was more charismatic than Hillary by far, but he also was more abrasive. Hillary was plastic & fake, IMO. Couldn't stand her. I vacillated with Bill, over the years. I wasn't necessarily a fan during his Presidency, though he could be charismatic with that Southern Boy charm. I tended to respect bill's skills and charm, the most. He was a very skilled politician.
I agree, Bill Clinton was a very skilled politician. Hillary lacked a lot of the people skills I guess, though I doubt many politicians were ever more informed and more hard working.
I don't understand Trump charisma???? He literally turns my stomach. I guess I've just been exposed to way too much Trump over the last 30 or so years to see any attraction whatsoever. If I had to pick either Trump or Dick Cheney to spend an evening with, I'd say Trump might be the only person alive who would make me pick Dick Cheney.. :)

T
I agree, Bill Clinton was a very skilled politician. Hillary lacked a lot of the people skills I guess, though I doubt many politicians were ever more informed and more hard working.
I don't understand Trump charisma???? He literally turns my stomach. I guess I've just been exposed to way too much Trump over the last 30 or so years to see any attraction whatsoever. If I had to pick either Trump or Dick Cheney to spend an evening with, I'd say Trump might be the only person alive who would make me pick Dick Cheney.. :)
Trump has professional wrestling charisma. It doesn't matter if what he says makes sense. If he says it loudly enough, people will pay attention, for better or worse.

T

Trump has professional wrestling charisma. It doesn't matter if what he says makes sense. If he says it loudly enough, people will pay attention, for better or worse.
I think he actually stated that if you say it often enough people will believe it. I guess we get what we deserve.

Unfortunately, Hillary had a natural smirk that she was unable to hide and also, unfortunately, it fit her personality. That was a real turn-off for lots of people.

I believe you are right-on, here. Hillary would have made a great Pres. She knew her stuff, and had the character & fortitude! But yeah, she was a wet rag, a limp noodle. And of course, she was well defined by the Republicans.

I don't understand Trump charisma???? He literally turns my stomach. I guess I've just been exposed to way too much Trump over the last 30 or so years to see any attraction whatsoever.
Trump has a great deal of charisma, for those attracted to him - which is quite a few. I can sense it. I can feel it. I came from Trump demographics, and still have a little of that ethos left inside. But I see & feel the bullshit of it, whereas some just feel the charisma.

If I had to pick either Trump or Dick Cheney to spend an evening with, I'd say Trump might be the only person alive who would make me pick Dick Cheney.. :)
Hah! Cheney! God, I despise that guy! I was Okay with G.W. as a person, and still am. He was a decent enough guy, that was out of his league. His downfall was falling prey to Cheney & Cheney's crew.

Hah! Cheney! God, I despise that guy! I was Okay with G.W. as a person, and still am. He was a decent enough guy, that was out of his league. His downfall was falling prey to Cheney & Cheney's crew.

I agree with your assessment of GW. Even though I think he was terrible president, he still seems like a nice guy!

I agree with your assessment of GW. Even though I think he was terrible president, he still seems like a nice guy!
Yep. Agreed.

I always got the feeling he was at least trying to do the right thing, to keep America's best interest at heart. Cheney was his downfall . . .

Back
Top Bottom