• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

O'Reilly gave $25K to Al Sharpton's charity

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
By DYLAN BYERS
8/16/13

In an effort to counter an attack from MSNBC's Al Sharpton, Fox News host Bill O'Reilly revealed on Thursday that he once gave $25,000 to Sharpton's charity so that it could provide Christmas presents and dinners to poor people in Harlem.

Rev. Sharpton, who confirmed the donation in an interview with POLITICO, had criticized O'Reilly of "attacking the poor" because he opposed food stamps and because he referred to one person -- a surfer with dubious claims to the food stamp program -- as "a parasite."

On Fox, O'Reilly said that Sharpton had taken his remarks out of context and was not telling the truth.

"And here's the crusher on Sharpton," O'Reilly added. "He's been portraying me as a racist and a brutalizer of the poor. A few years ago Sharpton told me that his charity in Harlem, New York, was out of money and that it could not provide Christmas presents and Christmas dinners to hundreds of poor people in Harlem. So I gave Sharpton a $25,000 donation to provide the gifts and the food."

"I never mentioned it, because it wasn’t necessary to mention it," O'Reilly said. "But now it is. To prove exactly what kind of person Sharpton is.”

In an interview with POLITICO on Friday, Sharpton said O'Reilly had "more explaining to do than I do," because he had chosen to lend support to someone he had otherwise portrayed as "a huckster in the grievance industry," as Sharpton put it.

"He has to explain why he was contributing to the guy, then calling him a huckster and grievance industry guy," Sharpton said.

[Excerpt]

Read more:
O'Reilly gave $25K to Al Sharpton's charity - POLITICO.com

So Al Sharpton has finally revealed himself as a race hustler, and huckster in the grievance industry. My question is, did Sharpton supply the food and gifts to the poor or pocket the $25,000 as his own Christmas gift? Can he prove that the donation was used as he claimed it was to be used?

OK...that's funny.

O'Reilly does Sharpton a solid, Sharpton continues his schtick, O'Reilly calls him out and now Sharpton wants an explanation for WHY O'Rielly helped him out......classic:lamo

OK...that's funny.

O'Reilly does Sharpton a solid, Sharpton continues his schtick, O'Reilly calls him out and now Sharpton wants an explanation for WHY O'Rielly helped him out......classic:lamo

Kind of like that hate the sin but love the sinner type of thing.

By DYLAN BYERS
8/16/13

In an effort to counter an attack from MSNBC's Al Sharpton, Fox News host Bill O'Reilly revealed on Thursday that he once gave $25,000 to Sharpton's charity so that it could provide Christmas presents and dinners to poor people in Harlem.

Rev. Sharpton, who confirmed the donation in an interview with POLITICO, had criticized O'Reilly of "attacking the poor" because he opposed food stamps and because he referred to one person -- a surfer with dubious claims to the food stamp program -- as "a parasite."

On Fox, O'Reilly said that Sharpton had taken his remarks out of context and was not telling the truth.

"And here's the crusher on Sharpton," O'Reilly added. "He's been portraying me as a racist and a brutalizer of the poor. A few years ago Sharpton told me that his charity in Harlem, New York, was out of money and that it could not provide Christmas presents and Christmas dinners to hundreds of poor people in Harlem. So I gave Sharpton a $25,000 donation to provide the gifts and the food."

"I never mentioned it, because it wasn’t necessary to mention it," O'Reilly said. "But now it is. To prove exactly what kind of person Sharpton is.”

In an interview with POLITICO on Friday, Sharpton said O'Reilly had "more explaining to do than I do," because he had chosen to lend support to someone he had otherwise portrayed as "a huckster in the grievance industry," as Sharpton put it.

"He has to explain why he was contributing to the guy, then calling him a huckster and grievance industry guy," Sharpton said.

[Excerpt]

Read more:

So Al Sharpton has finally revealed himself as a race hustler, and huckster in the grievance industry. My question is, did Sharpton supply the food and gifts to the poor or pocket the $25,000 as his own Christmas gift? Can he prove that the donation was used as he claimed it was to be used?

Dictionary Entry:

IDIOT - Noun
Definition:
250px-Al_Sharpton_by_David_Shankbone.jpg

By DYLAN BYERS
8/16/13

[Excerpt]

Read more:

So Al Sharpton has finally revealed himself as a race hustler, and huckster in the grievance industry. My question is, did Sharpton supply the food and gifts to the poor or pocket the $25,000 as his own Christmas gift?
Can he prove that the donation was used as he claimed it was to be used
?

Can you prove that it wasn't, Wehrwolfen?

If not, you should post an apology.

Just because Sharpton is an idiot and a useless sack of ****, doesn't mean his charity doesn't do good work. Then again, I don't know. I'm here about an offtopic idea: wehr, 4 topics in 4 min. Seriously...

I wonder how much of the $25,000 got to the people.

Here is the clip... Sharpton is a lying, race-baiting idiot.

And by the way, in Sharpton's response to that clip, he again lied about what O'Reilly said.

Last edited:
So does Bill mean everything he says about Sharpton, or is it just as act?

So does Bill mean everything he says about Sharpton, or is it just as act?

What, that Sharpton is a liar? That's not even up for debate... That Sharpton is a race hustler? That's not up for debate either...

Now would you care to give us your take on the issue?

Ah you conservatives are funny. A man you dislike you continue to make relevant by even discussing him. I hate the aryan nation and what it stands for but I refrain from even mentioning them in my daily talks...

Ooh my ooh my, maybe he is, could it be possible

twin_mirror_wardrobe_2.JPG

is big Bill O'Reilly a closet liberal ?!?!?!?!?!?

Is that why he's always so grumpy and angry? Because he feels trapped in the closet and does not dare to come out?

Last edited:
Ah you conservatives are funny. A man you dislike you continue to make relevant by even discussing him.

Yeah, liberals never do that!

Al Sharpton?

That's my first thought.

Sharpton is just not a guy who I can picture running a charity.

But, who knows, maybe he's a big-hearted guy who enjoys helping everyone.

I was also wondering the same thing.

What is Sharpton's charity organization's overhead ?

If they were out of money like the OP says, I would think the money went to the people in the organization that needed to get paid.

If they were out of money like the OP says, I would think the money went to the people in the organization that needed to get paid.

Once that $25,000 got into the grubby and slimy hands of Sharpton, the poor never saw a penny of that donation. I noticed that Sharpton never made mention of where that money went.

Once that $25,000 got into the grubby and slimy hands of Sharpton, the poor never saw a penny of that donation. I noticed that Sharpton never made mention of where that money went.

I think O'Reilly should ask that question, but I don't think he will.

There are some charitable organizations that are staffed with volunteers. Many are not.

How do you feel when you make a $100. donation to a charitable organization and discovering that the money was used to pay for the receptionist or for a dinner of one of the executives of the organization ? Some of the most well known charitable organization, only .10 cents out of a dollar goes where it's suppose to be going. The organization claims the other .90 cents is for paying the overhead.

That's why I'm kind of picky to who I give my money too. Usually it's the American Red Cross, Salvation Army and the Navy Relief.

The Reverend Jackson is a professional shakedown artist who uses threats of boycotts so he can live like a Hollywood liberal. Al Sharpton is a wannabe Rev. Jackson. Both should be behind bars.

Bill argues, he doesn't help people, then he donates money to charity. Why?

Because he supports the same causes as Sharpton some days.

I am not seeing how this is supposed to work as an insult. Bill donated money to his charity to make a point that he cares about the poor, which he doesn't believe went to the poor?

I was also wondering the same thing.

What is Sharpton's charity organization's overhead ?

how much did OReilly pay to make those women he molested at Fox go away? :2razz:

I bet it was more than $25K.

Bill argues, he doesn't help people, then he donates money to charity. Why?

I think it has something to do over a steak dinner and O'Reilly picking up the tab and Sharpton then called O'Reilly a racist.

I once saw Al Sharpton at a restaurant, I think it was Mr. Sox in Orange County. One of those five star joints. Sharpton stiffed the waiter, the wine guy and hostess and called the establishment racist. A sow has better table manners than Sharpton.

I think it has something to do over a steak dinner and O'Reilly picking up the tab and Sharpton then called O'Reilly a racist.

I once saw Al Sharpton at a restaurant, I think it was Mr. Sox in Orange County. One of those five star joints. Sharpton stiffed the waiter, the wine guy and hostess and called the establishment racist. A sow has better table manners than Sharpton.

yes ...but how much did O'Reilly pay to make the women he molested at fox News go away?
was it more than $25K?

Back
Top Bottom