• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Oregon sheriffs reject Gov. Kate Brown's request to staff Portland protests

It sounds like pretty much what I would expect considering these extraordinary cercumstances (550 cases!!!)- only sans the Pc statement talking about economic justice . its hard to tell because this is not just about the charge and its details but how strong the case is to support the charge, and that is hard to determine without an investigation to determine who is willing to talk, and what they are willing to say - other than the citing officer, and that where where you run into some dollars. Its not something that you can do with a robo-call. Its all case by case, and judging these things is not easy from the outside.

Don't know why you think misdomeanors will be all that cheap, especially when these protesters/rioters know that there are 550 cases and no money in the till to do much with them.

Think about it, protesters love to clog up the justice system and slow everything down. Half of them WANT to be arrested. Its all part of the strategy, and these days its not like they have to show up for their shifts or classes. Those are online or non-existent. They are 100% in the drivers seat -especially the misdemeanor cases. its about using every stall tactic they can to take up as much of the court's time as they can, to accomplish as little as possible every step of the way.

No, the Da's office has to cut bait, and concentrate on the ones that really need to be prosecuted.

Last edited:
Oregon sheriffs reject Gov. Kate Brown'''s request to staff Portland protests | Fox News

Now the Oregon governor is trying to step in to help Portland, but they've allowed the situation to get so bad that other police agencies won't risk their officers.

She has thousands of National Guards at her disposal. If the Libturd wanted to put an end to it she could do it in under an hour, just like Trump said in his recent interview with Laura.

She's trying to softball this situation now that the riots are increasing in brutal assaults and murders.

That wasn't their stated reason for not helping.

Seems to be that it is: "Had Governor Brown discussed her plan with my office, I would have told her it’s about changing policy, not adding resources,” he said, according to a statement released by Kellee Azar, a reporter with Portland's KATU. “Increasing law enforcement resources in Portland will not solve the nightly violence and now, murder.”

Why did you bring up the t-shirts if it didn't apply to these Sherriff Offices?

Seems to be that it is: "Had Governor Brown discussed her plan with my office, I would have told her it’s about changing policy, not adding resources,” he said, according to a statement released by Kellee Azar, a reporter with Portland's KATU. “Increasing law enforcement resources in Portland will not solve the nightly violence and now, murder.”

Why did you bring up the t-shirts if it didn't apply to these Sherriff Offices?

He said that Portland’s newly elected district attorney had dismissed charges against hundreds of protesters arrested for non-violent, low-level crimes. “The same offenders are arrested night after night, only to be released by the court and not charged with a crime by the DA’s Office. The next night they are back at it, endangering the lives of law enforcement and the community all over again,” Roberts continued. “The criminal justice system will need do its part and hold offenders accountable.”

He was butt hurt that the DA wouldn't prosecute nonviolent, low-level crimes. The sheriffs are whiny little girls.

She has thousands of National Guards at her disposal. If the Libturd wanted to put an end to it she could do it in under an hour, just like Trump said in his recent interview with Laura.

She's trying to softball this situation now that the riots are increasing in brutal assaults and murders.

Absolutely. 90% of the issues would have been solved with a nighttime curfew for a few weeks, possibly with some national guard troops restricting entry into the courthouse / city hall area at night (relatively a few city blocks). The governor made such a big deal about "We don't want or need federal help" that she's now in a pickle.

Absolutely. 90% of the issues would have been solved with a nighttime curfew for a few weeks, possibly with some national guard troops restricting entry into the courthouse / city hall area at night (relatively a few city blocks). The governor made such a big deal about "We don't want or need federal help" that she's now in a pickle.

At this point I don't care what that tramp or that cuck of a mayor does with that city. I just hope Trump has them both arrested if he gets reelected or at the very least restrict any further federal funding to Oregon or Portland.

He was butt hurt that the DA wouldn't prosecute nonviolent, low-level crimes. The sheriffs are whiny little girls.

The dismissals go well beyond that, including resisting arrest and assaulting an officer when certain other conditions aren't met. Again, even the very left local Sheriff has taken issue with the policy. (Along with the state police, other sheriffs, and the state police organization).

DASCHMIDTpolicy Regarding Protest Related Cases

The dismissals go well beyond that, including resisting arrest and assaulting an officer when certain other conditions aren't met. Again, even the very left local Sheriff has taken issue with the policy. (Along with the state police, other sheriffs, and the state police organization).

DASCHMIDTpolicy Regarding Protest Related Cases

Do you think a sheriff would refer to resisting arrest and assaulting an officer as "nonviolent and low-level crimes"? The answer is no, so obviously that's not what he was bitching about.

As I posted in post #10: "If you try to give someone a thankless job (these Sherriff departments), don't expect them to take it if they don't have to."

Try not to be so sexist (whiny little girls).

Roberts is of course politically motivated.

I mean, it's not as if he didn't choose sides ages ago, and he's retiring later this year, so he can do Trump's bidding and not have to worry about reelection.

Not putting his deputies at risk is Trump's bidding?

Not putting his deputies at risk is Trump's bidding?

Back at the academy, all those years ago, I was told that this job sometimes involves risk.

It sounds like pretty much what I would expect considering these extraordinary cercumstances (550 cases!!!)- only sans the Pc statement talking about economic justice . its hard to tell because this is not just about the charge and its details but how strong the case is to support the charge, and that is hard to determine without an investigation to determine who is willing to talk, and what they are willing to say - other than the citing officer, and that where where you run into some dollars. Its not something that you can do with a robo-call. Its all case by case, and judging these things is not easy from the outside.

Don't know why you think misdomeanors will be all that cheap, especially when these protesters/rioters know that there are 550 cases and no money in the till to do much with them.

Think about it, protesters love to clog up the justice system and slow everything down. Half of them WANT to be arrested. Its all part of the strategy, and these days its not like they have to show up for their shifts or classes. Those are online or non-existent. They are 100% in the drivers seat -especially the misdemeanor cases. its about using every stall tactic they can to take up as much of the court's time as they can, to accomplish as little as possible every step of the way.

No, the Da's office has to cut bait, and concentrate on the ones that really need to be prosecuted.

The cases don't need to be dismissed immediately like they have been doing.

The cases can be drawn out as long as the prosecutor wants them to, but the DA doesn't want them.

I see each case as money for the city, so why dismiss any of them?

Sure, that has everything to d with Oregon.

It's entirely possible that people all over the country are sick of piece of **** like Derek Chauvin.

Back at the academy, all those years ago, I was told that this job sometimes involves risk.

These deputies would be on the job if the riots were in their area.

They have no reason to go to another area just to be **** upon.

Now, tell us why you think the Sheriff's are doing Trump's bidding, or what any of this has to do with Trump at all.

These deputies would be on the job if the riots were in their area.

They have no reason to go to another area just to be **** upon.

Now, tell us why you think the Sheriff's are doing Trump's bidding, or what any of this has to do with Trump at all.

You act like forces never cooperate. Here in Arizona, DPS and Sheriff's deputies regularly share jurisdiction with municipal forces.

On the other hand, we don't tend to have cowards in our departments.

Which crimes that legislators have passed as law should not be prosecuted? All of them? Some of them? Why have laws at all if you're not going to enforce them? Why do you support lawlessness? Do you enjoy crime and criminals, believing the victims are just whiney ******s?

This is why Trump will crush the election. Keep supporting chaos, Cardinal. It's working.

Yeah, Equal Protection is totally disposable at the whim of some DA in Oregon. And keep in mind that one of the “low level crimes” he is refusing to prosecute is assaulting a police officer. They’d be out of their minds to walk into a situation where they can be maimed by rioters without recourse.

Last edited:
Yeah, Equal Protection is totally disposable at the whim of some DA in Oregon. And keep in mind that one of the “low level crimes” he is refusing to prosecute is assaulting a police officer. They’d be out of their minds to walk into a situation where they can be maimed by rioters without recourse.

So you think a sheriff believes assaulting a police officer is a “nonviolent and low level crime”?

So you think a sheriff believes assaulting a police officer is a “nonviolent and low level crime”?

I know the DA explicitly said he would not prosecute assault of a police officer in connection with the riots among other crimes he has unilaterally decided rioters are too far above the law to prosecute.

She's also trying to preserve her precious ego, at the expense of course, of everybody else including the police departments that she would gladly blame for any escalation or violent confrontation. If she calls in the National Guard, it's an admission that Trump was right. She's really over her head. She doesn't seem to understand what it is to be a leader and an adult. Thanks!!

I know the DA explicitly said he would not prosecute assault of a police officer in connection with the riots among other crimes he has unilaterally decided rioters are too far above the law to prosecute.

You act like there are an unlimited number of cells and unlimited funding.

I mean, leaving aside the 1st amendment issues.

But do you have a link for the assaulting an officer thing?

Another sexist comment. I've read a number of them in the last 24 hours, ALL from liberals like you. Why didn't you say whiny little boys?? They whine, don't they?? You seem kinda whiny. Thanks!!

You act like there are an unlimited number of cells and unlimited funding.

I mean, leaving aside the 1st amendment issues.

Rioting, looting, arson, assault, and murder are not first Amendment issues and no DA in the country has the authority to decide that rioters are above the law. I’m convinced the only way to end the lawlessness is to invoke the Insurrection Act and use lethal force. So you don’t have to worry about how many cells there are.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom