• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ordering pizza - sometime in the near future

I would have offered to share a few of those 48 trojans with her for a discount on the pizza.

Lately I make sure to drop a few lines about Susan Rice.....then I add in a line about Sausage. :lol:

recycled from about 8 years ago. Of course what's funny is, this is pretty much and example of private business datamining you and sharing that data with each other. Which conservatives don't seem to care about. Or at least I have yet to read about one who did. I'm sure they are out there but I guess it is a very low priority on their list.

Personally, I think the credit system should be illegal. No one should be able to datamine you then tell you to maintain that data on you under a threat of "ZOMG!!!!!1111!1! YOUR CREDIT RATING IS SOOOOO IMPORTANT", then charge you to look at the data collected on you if you want to view it more than once a year. Then allow anyone with a couple bucks look at your personal data. Then push a system where employers won't hire you if your credit is bad and car insurance raises your rates based on your personal data ... and it will get worse.

I just got hired at a national company and I did:

1. a drug test
  2. a criminal backround check
  3. a driving records check
  4. a goddamn credit check

Now I understand the first three but what business is it of my boss what my finances are? Absolutely none. I mean, what if my credit were bad and they decided not to hire me... what ****ing sense does that make? The guy whose struggling the hardest in life and trying to improve his situation is the one to screw over even harder? I don't get this collective downward spiral societal structure. Personal finances are exactly that... personal.

Sorry for the rant.

Last edited:
The ACLU??? Do they know white people like pizza too?

That's so unfair I'm actually shocked.

Nobody is as consistent in protecting what few rights we have left than the ACLU.

The ACLU??? Do they know white people like pizza too?

Poor credit can be a sign of 1) poor management skills and 2) desperation leading to dishonesty.

So, while it ain't nice, it's understandable. The driving record is even more puzzling (unless its a driving job).

[

QUOTE=poweRob;1061949231]recycled from about 8 years ago. Of course what's funny is, this is pretty much and example of pri

vate business datamining you and sharing that data with each other. Which conservatives don't seem to care about. Or at least I have yet to read about one who did. I'm sure they are out there but I guess it is a very low priority on their list.

Personally, I think the credit system should be illegal. No one should be able to datamine you then tell you to maintain that data on you under a threat of "ZOMG!!!!!1111!1! YOUR CREDIT RATING IS SOOOOO IMPORTANT", then charge you to look at the data collected on you if you want to view it more than once a year. Then allow anyone with a couple bucks look at your personal data. Then push a system where employers won't hire you if your credit is bad and car insurance raises your rates based on your personal data ... and it will get worse.

1. a drug test

Now I understand the first three but what business is it of my boss what my finances are? Absolutely none. I mean, what if my credit were bad and they decided not to hire me... what ****ing sense does that make? The guy whose struggling the hardest in life and trying to improve his situation is the one to screw over even harder? I don't get this collective downward spiral societal structure. Personal finances are exactly that... personal.

Sorry for the rant.[/QUOTE]

recycled from about 8 years ago. Of course what's funny is, this is pretty much and example of private business datamining you and sharing that data with each other. Which conservatives don't seem to care about. Or at least I have yet to read about one who did. I'm sure they are out there but I guess it is a very low priority on their list.

1. a drug test

Sorry for the rant.

Welcome to the world liberals have created. It's going to get worse.

Poor credit can be a sign of 1) poor management skills and 2) desperation leading to dishonesty.
If you'd be in a position where you could embezzle money, I can see the credit check.

Too many just look at the surface of a credit check, also. Bad credit could be poor personal money management... which would be irrelevant if you're designing bridges and have no access to company purse strings... or it could be from a catastrophic illness that cost half a million dollars for one of your kids... which means you just need a job and might even be more willing to be a good employee to keep it.

Welcome to the world liberals have created. It's going to get worse.

That is the business world creating it. Not the gubamint. Primarily the banking industry. And you call that the world liberals created. You are a lost soul.

That is the business world creating it. Not the gubamint. Primarily the banking industry. And you call that the world liberals created. You are a lost soul.

Only thing that keeps the government from doing this is that they are technically incompetent. Private business is much more efficient. ;)

I assume they do read the credit report which can be very educational. If you read your own you'll find out how much paperwork you've caused in your life. You can also see patterns when people are accumulating debt they don';t intend to pay (usually just before bankruptcy). Lets say you lost your house in 2009. Nobody will hold that against you unless you have other behavior at other times. So, they want to know as much about you as possible and this way they have an excuse to investigate you. Presumably they prefer better behaved people but don't we all prefer better behaved people?

If you'd be in a position where you could embezzle money, I can see the credit check.

Too many just look at the surface of a credit check, also. Bad credit could be poor personal money management... which would be irrelevant if you're designing bridges and have no access to company purse strings... or it could be from a catastrophic illness that cost half a million dollars for one of your kids... which means you just need a job and might even be more willing to be a good employee to keep it.

Back
Top Bottom