• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ordering from PSA

Lutherf

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Has anyone here ever ordered anything from Palmetto State Armory? I ordered a holster nearly 2 weeks ago and it hasn't even shipped yet. Is that common for them?

Has anyone here ever ordered anything from Palmetto State Armory? I ordered a holster nearly 2 weeks ago and it hasn't even shipped yet. Is that common for them?

1) they tend to be a bit slow on stuff like this

2) They are faster on firearms-I just bought an expensive AR from them-it came in four days

3) I had a trigger pin fail on another one of their rifles-I told the customer service-new one was here in 5 days

4) I have bought 4 uppers from them-normally takes about 10 days

5) I have bought 6 lowers from them-4 in 556, 2 in 9mm-all shipped to my dealer-normally 7-15 days.

6) I have bought about 5000 rounds of 556 from them and 10K rounds of 22-usually takes 8-15 days

1) they tend to be a bit slow on stuff like this

2) They are faster on firearms-I just bought an expensive AR from them-it came in four days

3) I had a trigger pin fail on another one of their rifles-I told the customer service-new one was here in 5 days

4) I have bought 4 uppers from them-normally takes about 10 days

5) I have bought 6 lowers from them-4 in 556, 2 in 9mm-all shipped to my dealer-normally 7-15 days.

6) I have bought about 5000 rounds of 556 from them and 10K rounds of 22-usually takes 8-15 days

You must be on their preferred customer list!

I can get the same holster from Safariland for roughly the same price and was thinking of cancelling the PSA order but it's not exactly an urgent kind of thing.

I've had similar experiences as TD; slow but sure.

I've had similar experiences as TD; slow but sure.

Thanks. I know they aren't a rinky dink outfit but this time of year I'm expecting deliveries by the time I click the "send" button.

You must be on their preferred customer list!

I can get the same holster from Safariland for roughly the same price and was thinking of cancelling the PSA order but it's not exactly an urgent kind of thing.

I tried buying a semi custom race gun for my wife. It was always out of stock so I would get notices-usually at 3 AM it was in. took 6 months to finally get one. I talked to a guy in the repair department when they did a recall on a pistol. He said they have like over 100,000 people on their list so hard to get stuff goes fast. I had the option of buying directly from the maker and it was a bit cheaper but was a 12 week wait. Just as I was thinking of doing that-the item notice came and I was able to buy one. now the same gun has been in stock for a couple weeks so I guess I was the last of those waiting for one

I've gotten everything I ordered. Can't speak to their promptness, because I never paid much attention.

What kind of holster did you order?

I've gotten everything I ordered. Can't speak to their promptness, because I never paid much attention.

What kind of holster did you order?

Bianchi 100 for a cz75 compact

Bianchi 100 for a cz75 compact

Is the the difference between a Compact and the CZ 75 barrel length, or is the Compact's frame smaller?

There's also the CZ P-01, which has a smaller frame. I'm curious as to which one Lutherf has.

The P01 is actually a little wider than the Compact 75 due to its alloy frame. That's the one I have.

just placed an order for some SIG Magazines and some small AR 15 parts.

shipping notice of those magazines just came in that was 9 days or so from the order

did the holster get to you?

did the holster get to you?

It did and it's a pretty good holster. Comfortable and convenient. Nice to draw from and stays open for reholstering. Can't ask for much more than that.

It did and it's a pretty good holster. Comfortable and convenient. Nice to draw from and stays open for reholstering. Can't ask for much more than that.

I bought my soon to turn 21 year old son a SIG 365 since he plans on taking a CCW class before his 21st birthday so he can get the license ASAP. I am going to look around for a good holster-that, a belt and the class is going to be the birthday present.

I bought my soon to turn 21 year old son a SIG 365 since he plans on taking a CCW class before his 21st birthday so he can get the license ASAP. I am going to look around for a good holster-that, a belt and the class is going to be the birthday present.

Belts...until you're looking for a belt that works for your EDC you haven't shopped for belts. You'd think it would be a piece of cake and that most leather belts would be fine. That just isn't the case...at all.

Nice present for the kid!

There's also the CZ P-01, which has a smaller frame. I'm curious as to which one Lutherf has.

the PO-1 actually is a larger firearm compared to the CZ-75 in terms of the barrel area. The SP-01 is also heavier unless you get the phantom which has a polymer frame

note the heavier barrel/"dustcover" profile on the SP-01 vs the CZ-75. the heavier weight is why the SP-01 is the CZ model most "production" division CZ shooters choose for IPSC or steel events

91152-2.jpg

21609.jpg

Belts...until you're looking for a belt that works for your EDC you haven't shopped for belts. You'd think it would be a piece of cake and that most leather belts would be fine. That just isn't the case...at all.

I have a ton of such belts. Mitch Rosen and Stoners (A local guy who sets up at the local gun show) are my favorites. I think almost every belt I own is a carry belt. Plus, they last longer. Years ago, Gary Brommeland lived-in the area and made me a couple "dress belts". He told me-this was 1986 or so, that I'd get 10 years out of the two belts. he was wrong-I think the last one finally failed in 2009. One was black, one was dark brown and I rarely wore anything else my first 23 years as a trial attorney

the PO-1 actually is a larger firearm compared to the CZ-75 in terms of the barrel area. The SP-01 is also heavier unless you get the phantom which has a polymer frame

note the heavier barrel/"dustcover" profile on the SP-01 vs the CZ-75. the heavier weight is why the SP-01 is the CZ model most "production" division CZ shooters choose for IPSC or steel events

View attachment 67246705

View attachment 67246704

The P-01 is smaller in overall dimensions than the 75B. I wasn't referring to an SP-01.

That's why I gave up and went IWB.

The P-01 is smaller in overall dimensions than the 75B. I wasn't referring to an SP-01.

my bad-I missed that-I thought I read SP-01

I myself have not used them, known people who have, they make some of the cheapest ar parts available, some junk some very high quality. Have not heard about their holsters but if you are building an ar and are savvy enough to read up on reviews you can piece one together knowing which parts to buy from them and where to buy for other parts.

Now they make expensive parts too but I have no experience with that nor know anyone buying their higher end stuff so I can not comment on that. However for their cheaper stuff even if some of it is junk, for the price you pay you can get a full ar15 much cheaper than most other places, and often fully featured rather than similar price that does not include things like brass deflectors or forward assists or any other function you might think of.

I use my dad's regger belt from when he was in the Air Force. Holds up my Glock 22 with a TLR 1 pretty good. Though, I can't comment on how it compares to a dedicated CCW belt.

Back
Top Bottom