• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Orange County: Where Were You? (CA Recall Election)

OceanView

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
I've been under the impression that many of the residents of Orange County despise Gov. Gavin Newsom. I've been to a few restaurants in that area during the pandemic, and the owners didn't seem to give a shit about Gov. Newsom's restrictions. That county has over 2,000,000 adults, so why am I seeing just over 400,000 votes for the recall of the governor? I want to know what the residents of Orange County were doing on election day---the day they had their chance to get rid of Gov. Newsom. I was expecting them to produce at least 1,000,000 recall votes.

If you're angry about Gov. Newsom shutting down your business, then be angry enough to vote! This election was super easy to participate in---just fill in the Yes/No bubble and choose a replacement (or not). I mean, I wouldn't have cared if people voted for Angelyne---just as long as they did their part to get rid of our arrogant governor (who dined at the French Laundry while restaurant owners were going out of business). Personally, I voted for Larry Elder.

I've been under the impression that many of the residents of Orange County despise Gov. Gavin Newsom. I've been to a few restaurants in that area during the pandemic, and the owners didn't seem to give a shit about Gov. Newsom's restrictions. That county has over 2,000,000 adults, so why am I seeing just over 400,000 votes for the recall of the governor? I want to know what the residents of Orange County were doing on election day---the day they had their chance to get rid of Gov. Newsom. I was expecting them to produce at least 1,000,000 recall votes.

If you're angry about Gov. Newsom shutting down your business, then be angry enough to vote! This election was super easy to participate in---just fill in the Yes/No bubble and choose a replacement (or not). I mean, I wouldn't have cared if people voted for Angelyne---just as long as they did their part to get rid of our arrogant governor (who dined at the French Laundry while restaurant owners were going out of business). Personally, I voted for Larry Elder.
OceanView:

Maybe Californians are not as angry as you are with Gov. Newsom? From the little I heard/read Newsom's level of support seemed to go up in this recall election. So it looks like Larry Eldar will have to wait and run in the next gubernatorial election, litigation and mini-big-lies notwithstanding.

California, like the rest of the world, is in the grip of a global pandemic, whether folks want to admit it or not. Unpopular but necessary public health measures must be taken by state governments until the pandemic is under control. That's just the reality of the situation.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Well, for one, they haven't finished counting, and probably won't be finished counting for weeks. There are over 3 million votes left, and orange county is probably going to see about 800,000 recall votes.

still, less than what you would expect in this recall election, but closer to what you are imagining.

EDIT: whoooa just checked the numbers, you're right. wtf is up with orange county? If they like Newsome, just say it lol don't pretend to be some conservative bastion all this time!

Well, for one, they haven't finished counting, and probably won't be finished counting for weeks. There are over 3 million votes left, and orange county is probably going to see about 800,000 recall votes.

still, less than what you would expect in this recall election, but closer to what you are imagining.

EDIT: whoooa just checked the numbers, you're right. wtf is up with orange county? If they like Newsome, just say it lol don't pretend to be some conservative bastion all this time!
It's unfortunate that Orange County didn't personally speak to you about its voting intentions. Perhaps they're just "free-thinking" and chose not to vote for Elder because he's a disaster.

It's unfortunate that Orange County didn't personally speak to you about its voting intentions. Perhaps they're just "free-thinking" and chose not to vote for Elder because he's a disaster.
I know, right? I expect everyone to check in with me. Voters are little more than children who must be closely looked after, and californians are the worst.

Bruce was upset too

Perhaps this has something to do with it.

Well, you could always blame the dishonest MSM, the corrupt Deep State, rigged voting machines, Election Fraud, George Soros and Jewish Space lasers for Elder losing. :rolleyes:

That county has over 2,000,000 adults, so why am I seeing just over 400,000 votes for the recall of the governor?
1. I, too, voted for Mr. Elder. I am not disappointed, for I knew that he did not have a chance.

2. Maybe the low voter turnout is actually good news. Of those two million adults in Orange County, many are undocumented immigrants. So it's nice to know that they did not try to illegally vote.

The gop is no longer capable of accepting a loss in any election. If they lost, it must have been rigged against them.
The only thing these people are capable of is demonstrating sheer stupidity.

There is no way this guy can believe all the nonsense he posts....right?
Honestly I don't care what he believes, these kinds of posts are only meant for others like him. The rest of us shake our heads and think, another poster displaying their misplaced anger for all to see.

Well then I would suggest a forensic check of the vote done only by republicans in secret to find out the actual vote. Sound good to you?
No.

But a forensic examination of every single vote in the entire state would do the trick.

No.

But a forensic examination of every single vote in the entire state would do the trick.
Lol....another funny post ^

And you think it would show something different, like trump won and newsom lost?
Not necessarily. But it will put anyone even thinking of committing election fraud on notice that their actions will be discovered.

Not necessarily. But it will put anyone even thinking of committing election fraud on notice that their actions will be discovered.
Lol, uh huh. The only folks committing election fraud seems to be republicans and their actions have been discovered. Other than that, there is no election fraud even though we hear it from the gop every election and yet election after election the republicans supply zero proof.

Larry told them the election was rigged, so they didn't bother with it.

Back
Top Bottom