• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Oprah Winfrey

Conflict

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
I am pretty much tired of the message that Oprah Winfrey is offering....

It is indeed a liberal program that extends beyond the detrimental capacity of fox news. I dislike Hannity and O'Reilly... I like Shepard Smith on fox news..... But my god If I were to pick an overt media person in this whole world; that bases their whole belief system and percepton upon a subjective opinion....

It would be Oprah.

I think she should be nonimated for feminist and liberal apologetic of the year! Her idea of affirmative action would leave every male, caucasian, and anyone who believes in personal responsibilty in the gutter to proliferate her diabolical, misandrist will.

Conflict said:
I am pretty much tired of the message that Oprah Winfrey is offering....

It is indeed a liberal program that extends beyond the detrimental capacity of fox news. I dislike Hannity and O'Reilly... I like Shepard Smith on fox news..... But my god If I were to pick an overt media person in this whole world; that bases their whole belief system and percepton upon a subjective opinion....

It would be Oprah.

I think she should be nonimated for feminist and liberal apologetic of the year! Her idea of affirmative action would leave every male, caucasian, and anyone who believes in personal responsibilty in the gutter to proliferate her diabolical, misandrist will.

I agree. I also hate it when she poses as a journalist (yeah right!) and says her show is fair and balanced.

Oh, wait a minute... that's another program. :roll:

Opera is watched for entertainment, not political opinions, ergo making any political opinions she may offer up a nonissue. Fox News is watched for political opinions, hence why it's more detrimental. For all the talk of a liberal media bias, most of the liberals are speaking through an entertainment medium, making political opinions hard to get through in a serious manner. By contrast, most of the conservatives are in the news media and in positions that make offering up their political opinions as fact all too easy. And yet liberals are the ones controlling the media...

Can we get some facts or proof of Oprah's opinions in here? I've never watched her show for more than 5 minutes or so.

SHodges said:
Opera is watched for entertainment, not political opinions, ergo making any political opinions she may offer up a nonissue. Fox News is watched for political opinions, hence why it's more detrimental. For all the talk of a liberal media bias, most of the liberals are speaking through an entertainment medium, making political opinions hard to get through in a serious manner. By contrast, most of the conservatives are in the news media and in positions that make offering up their political opinions as fact all too easy. And yet liberals are the ones controlling the media...

Bingo. Not one, but three gold stars!

So just to reiterate, Oprah is a talk show host, not a reporter/journalist.

Perhaps we should change the Forum title to Bias in the NEWS Media. I mean TV definitely a medium. Oprah's show's a medium. However, they don't really fall into the intended definition of 'media' for this forum.

Oprah's got her own talk-show to do whatever she wants with. She's not a journalist or a source of news.

Oprah is a liberal?

That's news to me. Then again, being that I am a male and all I have never actually watched the show.

And for everyone who claims FOX news is completely biased and right wing but doesn't think other news organizations do the same thing....well I have a bridge right here that I can sell you.

[mode mode]Moved to Off Topic[/mode mode]

Or...

It'll be a best seller on her book club.

I only know about that because of my psuedo girlfriend. Honest.

Back
Top Bottom