• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Oprah Is Thinking Maybe She *Could* Run For President

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cigar

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Oprah Winfrey never thought someone from a show business background with no political experience could rise to the office of POTUS, but here we are. And shes apparently not ruling out a run of her own.

The media queen sat down for an interview on the Season 2 premiere of The David Rubenstein Show: Peer-to-Peer Conversations on Bloomberg Television, and revealed shed maybe consider running for president. Rubenstein wondered if Oprah could be the one to break the glass ceiling and be elected the first female president of the United States.

The 63-year-old mogul replied, I never considered the question even a possibility. I just thought, Oh. I thought, Oh, gee, I dont have the experience. I dont know enough. And now Im thinking, Oh.

In January, Oprah brushed off the idea, telling Jimmy Kimmel, Never! No, its not my thing. But her mind might be changing.

She would seemingly have Michael Moores vote. The director said the Democrats need to run a beloved candidate. Democrats would be better off if they ran Oprah or Tom Hanks, Moore told CNN after Hillary Clintons loss in November. Why dont we run beloved people? We have so many of them. The Republicans do this they run Reagan and the Terminator and other people. Why dont we run somebody that the American people love and are really drawn to, and that are smart and have good politics and all that?

Oprah Is Thinking Maybe She *Could* Run For President | The Huffington Post

Other coverage:
Oprah could be the first black woman president
Oprah 2020? Winfrey Hints at Presidential Run Against Trump - NBC News

:lamo Oh this should be classic :lamo

Reality TV vs Daytime TV....seems about right for America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom