• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Oppressive Religious Rule OKAY, Secularism and religious freedom BAD

Gamago25

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
How else can Liberals justify the continued existence of Iran's Religious-Rule regime and its oppression of religious freedom and human rights?

They would rather see that regime continue than to help in it's downfall.

And before you go any further i believe EVERY country should be a secular democracy (unless your the size of the Vatican), and if it requires the overthrow of those oppressive regimes, so be it.

To bad "liberals" cant be liberal enough to appreciate that mindset.

"Secularism, democracy, and religious freedom for some, but not for everybody" - Libby mantra

"All animals are equal, some animals more equal than others" - Animal Farm piggies.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Is it not liberals defending secularism and the wall between church and state? Is it me or do you sound like a broken down tape recorder?

GarzaUK said:
Is it not liberals defending secularism and the wall between church and state? Is it me or do you sound like a broken down tape recorder?

If that were the case then why arent liberals vehemently demanding the overthrow of Iran's oppressive and terrorist-sponsoring Theocratic regime?

Dont hear a peep from NY Times or other liberal bastions for democratic revolution in Iran, and even less call for western help to further that cause (how else do revolutions get money, support, gear, arms etc to sustain a revolution?).

All the liberals do is hem and haw and point to other countries.

Liberals protest for human rights in the safety of thier own country and secular laws, but yet dont do a damn thing to actively spread it in other countries and yet bash others for trying to spread the same freedoms they themselves enjoy.

"All animals are equal, some more equal than others." Animal Farm / Libby Mantra

Last edited:
Furthermore this might be sound like a broken record, but since 9/11 liberals have done less for the spread of religious freedom, human rights, and democracy in the Middle East than conservatives have, and have even advocated on the behalf of several dictatorial and theocratic regimes.

Oh the irony.....

And thats the bottom line.

Until Liberals do more to spread Religious freedom, Human rights, and secular democracy in the Middle East, they are hypocrites.

Maybe we're just not that eager to whip out the bombs and guns.

You really are repeating yourself. Over and over. This is about the 4th thread dedicated to Iran and the indifference of liberals. I think that is enough. Thank you.

Gandhi>Bush said:
Maybe we're just not that eager to whip out the bombs and guns.

Your not even eager enough to organize peaceful protests against those oppressive regimes either inside or outside those countries.

Instead you let them exist and thrive while condemning those who would install the very same freedoms Ghandi and MLK fought for.

Ghandi and MLK would be ashamed of you.

Gamago25 said:
Furthermore this might be sound like a broken record, but since 9/11 liberals have done less for the spread of religious freedom, human rights, and democracy in the Middle East than conservatives have, and have even advocated on the behalf of several dictatorial and theocratic regimes.

Oh the irony.....

And thats the bottom line.

Until Liberals do more to spread Religious freedom, Human rights, and secular democracy in the Middle East, they are hypocrites.

I could have sworn that the conservatives were calling the shots in the US, not the liberals since 9/11. :roll:

Seriously you are just repeating youself. Yawn ~ it is getting kinda boring.

Gamago25 said:
Your not even eager enough to organize peaceful protests against those oppressive regimes either inside or outside those countries.

Instead you let them exist and thrive while condemning those who would install the very same freedoms Ghandi and MLK fought for.

Ghandi and MLK would be ashamed of you.

YOU HAVE NO IDEA OF WHAT I'M EAGER TO DO.

Good lord.

It's your first day, and you're already acting like you've known me since I joined.

You don't know what Gandhi (NOTICE THE H AT THE END) or MLK would think of me. You don't know me, and you don't know them.

There is no excuse for religious oppression in ANY state.

Simple? Understood?

What part of that cant liberals undertand?

that is all.

:mrgreen:

People should practice what Gandhi preaches in Iran.

:mrgreen:

People should practice what Gandhi preaches everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom