• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Oppressing Palestinians

Who is committing an injustice by oppressing Palestinian Arabs?

• Total voters

Winston Smith

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
For those who think there is hypocrisy on one side or another of the Israel/Palestine issue, please vote and explain your position.

Mostly through faulty leadership, I think they do a good job at it themselves. They are definitely their own worst enemy.

Mostly through faulty leadership, I think they do a good job at it themselves. They are definitely their own worst enemy.

See, Winston. The very first reply and we have a winner.

They're both oppressing Palestinians. The question is, what's so unjust about it?

No vote
I am of the opinion that people oppress themselves.
Liberties/freedoms have to be fought for.
Blaming others is not a good idea.
Accepting things as they are is better.

I voted neither, Hamas and Hezbollah are the oppressors.

They're both oppressing Palestinians. The question is, what's so unjust about it?

The ugly truth is that nobody in the mideast particularly likes "Palistinians", including Arabs and fellow Muslims. How many did Jordan kill in that ugly business 50-some years ago? About 100,000 I think...

They just use them as an excuse to bash Israel.

I agree with those so far that say that Hamas and other terror groups are the ones oppressing the Palestinians, but mostly through their aggression toward Israel. This aggression is what causes the oppression from Israel. I'd even say "oppression" is a bit strong of a word for what Israel is doing to the Palestinians. Disagree with Israel all you want... they are simply trying to cover their asses in an area where a lot of people would love to wipe them off the map.

The ugly truth is that nobody in the mideast particularly likes "Palistinians", including Arabs and fellow Muslims. How many did Jordan kill in that ugly business 50-some years ago? About 100,000 I think..

Why do people always talk about Black September (happened in 1970 so technically it was 40 years ago) as though it were some terrible massacre of innocent people? The PLO was launching attacks against Israel and thus putting innocent Jordanians in the crossfire. Jordan tried to stop them from doing that. At the same time the PLO was being used by Syria to target Jordan's pro-Western government including through assassination attempts. Essentially the PLO were a proxy of Arab nationalist forces seeking to remove the Jordanian government for its inclination towards peace, this was not the first time Palestinians were used against Jordanians either. It is not certain how many people died in the conflict, though it was definitely not even close to 100,000 and even the figures in the tens of thousands were mainly from the PLO so I do not think they can be trusted.

Jordan has actually been one of the few countries in the region that doesn't abuse their Palestinian population. Nearly all of them have Jordanian citizenship and only a few refugee camps still exist there today.

For those who think there is hypocrisy on one side or another of the Israel/Palestine issue, please vote and explain your position.

Guilty of injustice to Palestinians? Both but it doesn't stop there imo.
I would say Muslims, in particular Arabs who are guilty.

The ugly truth is that nobody in the mideast particularly likes "Palistinians", including Arabs and fellow Muslims. How many did Jordan kill in that ugly business 50-some years ago? About 100,000 I think...

They just use them as an excuse to bash Israel.

It is very interesting when one is in Mosque and hears the sheer dislike which borders on hatred towards Arabs or Palestinians but hear the change in tune the next week because of something Israel or US has done.
My observations has led me to the conclusion that many Muslims do not care for the the oppression of other Muslims if it is done by Muslims. If it is Non Muslims doing the oppression or killing then that is when the shouting begins.

Last edited:
If your OP was composed with total honesty Winston, your OP should have explained the the proper context of the original thread for this Poll.

The catalyst thread can be found here:

http://www.debatepolitics.com/middle-east/79383-pal-arabs-oppressed-lebanon.html

Winston's direct post for creating this Poll:

http://www.debatepolitics.com/middle-east/79383-pal-arabs-oppressed-lebanon-7.html#post1058934645

Basically, that thread deals with the Lebanese oppression of Palestinians living *within Lebanon*, and the horrible conditions in the 12 main Palestinian refugee camps *within Lebanon*.

But as everyone can plainly see, your Poll OP does not mention the oppression of Palestinians living *within Lebanon* at all. Your OP does not mention the hypocrisy of the Lebanese complaining about Gaza when the condition of Palestinians living *within Lebanon* is far worse.

Instead, your Poll drags Israel into an oppression of Palestinians that was formulated by and is maintained by the Lebanese. Four-generations worth of oppression.

At face value, you have framed your Poll here in a distinctly dishonest fashion.

Hamas and radical Islam is the most radical oppressor. I voted neither because my previous sentence states my beliefs. However, chosen between the two I would say Lebanon. Israel doesn't oppress Palestinians.

If your OP was composed with total honesty Winston, your OP should have explained the the proper context of the original thread for this Poll.

The catalyst thread can be found here:

http://www.debatepolitics.com/middle-east/79383-pal-arabs-oppressed-lebanon.html

Winston's direct post for creating this Poll:

http://www.debatepolitics.com/middle-east/79383-pal-arabs-oppressed-lebanon-7.html#post1058934645

Basically, that thread deals with the Lebanese oppression of Palestinians living *within Lebanon*, and the horrible conditions in the 12 main Palestinian refugee camps *within Lebanon*.

But as everyone can plainly see, your Poll OP does not mention the oppression of Palestinians living *within Lebanon* at all. Your OP does not mention the hypocrisy of the Lebanese complaining about Gaza when the condition of Palestinians living *within Lebanon* is far worse.

Instead, your Poll drags Israel into an oppression of Palestinians that was formulated by and is maintained by the Lebanese. Four-generations worth of oppression.

At face value, you have framed your Poll here in a distinctly dishonest fashion.

I don't see the point of the distinction you're trying to make. As for dragging Israel into the Lebanese situation, the catalyst thread did that when it compared the two.

Shayah is right. You diverted this poll, and provided no message whatsoever on the baseline topic in the Lebanese thread that spawned this poll.

The posting of the poll constitutes the message, and I think the message is pretty clear--here's your chance to go on record. If you believe both are committing an injustice, say so. If not, vote some other way.

Hamas and radical Islam is the most radical oppressor. I voted neither because my previous sentence states my beliefs. However, chosen between the two I would say Lebanon. Israel doesn't oppress Palestinians.

I can see why you would say that you want me gone. Obviously anyone injecting a dose of reality into your fairytale world is a bit much for you to handle.

The posting of the poll constitutes the message, and I think the message is pretty clear--here's your chance to go on record. If you believe both are committing an injustice, say so. If not, vote some other way.
I don't even bother with Goobieman polls.

Back
Top Bottom