• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Opioid Kingpin Predicted OxyContin would Hit Americans Like a Disaster, "Deep, Dense, & White"

truthatallcost

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Opioid Kingpin Predicted OxyContin would Hit Americans Like a Disaster, "Deep, Dense, & White"

A member of the family that owns OxyContin maker Purdue Pharma told people at the prescription opioid painkiller’s launch party in the 1990s that it would be “followed by a blizzard of prescriptions that will bury the competition,” according to court documents filed Tuesday. The prescription blizzard will be so deep, dense, and white,” he said, according to the documents.

The opioid crisis killed 72,000 Americans in 2017.

“Over the next twenty years, the Sacklers made Richard’s boast come true,” lawyers in the attorney general’s office wrote. “They created a manmade disaster. Their blizzard of dangerous prescriptions buried children and parents and grandparents across Massachusetts, and the burials continue,” they wrote.
https://www.apnews.com/4e2da888ede44c3db129b46d76504778

A conservative estimate puts Richard Sackler's current net worth at $13 billion. Sackler's company almost singlehandedly created the opioid crisis of the past 25 years. The true number of victims over that quarter of a century must number in the tens of millions, from the young men and women carried away in body bags daily from overdose & fatal drug toxicity, to the grandparents forced to raise their dead children's children.

Come see the fruit of the Sackler's labor. While Mexican cartel boss El Chapo stands trial for merely supplying cheaper opioids to fuel the addictions of people who went broke buying the Sackler's dope, Richard Sackler & fam live the good life unabated, enjoying these huge mansions which were paid for by the dead Americans, who paid with money first, then paid with their life. "So deep, dense, & white" were the lines of naive addicts who'd had their brain chemistry & proclivity towards opioid addiction preyed upon by Richard Sackler.

Sackler Mansion, Greenwich, Connecticut

4963AB5B00000578-5359733-image-a-17_1519136668397.jpg

Sackler Mansion, Bel Air, California. Estimated value- $22.5 million

richard_sackler_house_austin.jpg

49679DA000000578-5359733-image-a-16_1519135308145.jpg

Re: Opioid Kingpin Predicted OxyContin would Hit Americans Like a Disaster, "Deep, Dense, & White"

A conservative estimate puts Richard Sackler's current net worth at $13 billion. Sackler's company almost singlehandedly created the opioid crisis of the past 25 years. The true number of victims over that quarter of a century must number in the tens of millions, from the young men and women carried away in body bags daily from overdose & fatal drug toxicity, to the grandparents forced to raise their dead children's children.

Come see the fruit of the Sackler's labor. While Mexican cartel boss El Chapo stands trial for merely supplying cheaper opioids to fuel the addictions of people who went broke buying the Sackler's dope, Richard Sackler & fam live the good life unabated, enjoying these huge mansions which were paid for by the dead Americans, who paid with money first, then paid with their life. "So deep, dense, & white" were the lines of naive addicts who'd had their brain chemistry & proclivity towards opioid addiction preyed upon by Richard Sackler.

Sackler Mansion, Greenwich, Connecticut

4963AB5B00000578-5359733-image-a-17_1519136668397.jpg

Sackler Mansion, Bel Air, California. Estimated value- $22.5 million

richard_sackler_house_austin.jpg

49679DA000000578-5359733-image-a-16_1519135308145.jpg

Sure we'll just pretend like the poorly functioning corrupt government which regulates the product and the poorly functioning corrupt medical system both of which existing is all of our faults had nothing to do with it......it all comes down to a so-called crime family never mind that they were selling a legal strictly regulated product.

Last edited:
Re: Opioid Kingpin Predicted OxyContin would Hit Americans Like a Disaster, "Deep, Dense, & White"

Sure we'll just pretend like the poorly functioning corrupt government which regulates the product and the poorly functioning corrupt medical system both of which existing is all of our faults had nothing to do with it......it all comes down to a so-called crime family never mind that they were selling a legal strictly regulated product.

And thats the point isnt it, this opioid epidemic shows exactly what would happen were drugs to become legal

True enough Hawk; the Sacklers built their empire within the legal confines of the law, and greased many wheels along the way, including prominent doctors, respected medical professionals, and politicians. OxyContin is nothing more than pure synthetic heroin. In order to flood Main Street USA with synthetic heroin, the Sacklers had to obtain the blessing & protection of the FDA, the medical industry, and buy favor with politicians who've looked the other way.

Sales reps used to literally travel from small town to small town with a suitcase loaded when free OxyContin samples, which were given to doctors, and then given to patients. Heroin dealers do the same thing; the first hit is free. After that, you gotta cough up the cash if you want more.

True enough Hawk; the Sacklers built their empire within legal confines of the law, and greased many wheels along the way, including prominent doctors, respected medical professionals, and politicians. OxyContin is nothing more than pure synthetic heroin. In order to flood Main Street USA with synthetic heroin, the Sacklers had to obtain the blessing & protection of the FDA, the medical industry, and buy favor with politicians who've looked the other way.

Sales reps used to literally travel from small town to small town with a suitcase loaded when free OxyContin samples, which were given to doctors, and then given to patients. Heroin dealers do the same thing; the first hit is free. After that, you gotta cough up the cash if you want more.

All these assholes who for so many years ( most of my life in all too many cases) have not cared enough about corruption...... or cared at all some of them......and have not cared enough or at all about the soundness of institutions and procedures are some very dim mother****ers.

And thats the point isnt it, this opioid epidemic shows exactly what would happen were drugs to become legal

My overarching point is that America is a wreck, and that the NEW CHINESE EMPIRE is coming to clean our clocks.

This is what happens when America and Americans dont give enough of a damn about doing things right.

Or even trying.

My overarching point is that America is a wreck, and that the NEW CHINESE EMPIRE is coming to clean our clocks.

Im sure they have much better drugs

Im sure they have much better drugs

Clearly the rest of your post got eaten by the internet.

All these assholes who for so many years ( most of my life in all too many cases) have not cared enough about corruption...... or cared at all some of them......and have not cared enough or at all about the soundness of institutions and procedures are some very dim mother****ers.

The way I see it, the United States became a cut throat enterprise at some point. Promoting the common good, and protecting society from parasites like the Sacklers was replaced with lock-step political correctness, and disregard for those who fall out of the 'protected class' designation. Case in point; post an article about a minority being asked to leave a Starbucks, and you're guaranteed 1,000 replies. Post a thread about a Jewish family which deliberately sold drugs they knew were harmful to a mostly white, non-Jewish clientele, and watch the apathy roll in.

The way I see it, the United States became a cut throat enterprise at some point. Promoting the common good, and protecting society from parasites like the Sacklers was replaced with lock-step political correctness, and disregard for those who fall out of the 'protected class' designation. Case in point; post an article about a minority being asked to leave a Starbucks, and you're guaranteed 1,000 replies. Post a thread about a Jewish family which deliberately sold drugs they knew were harmful to a mostly white, non-Jewish clientele, and watch the apathy roll in.

Starbucks has decided that they need to put needle boxes in their restrooms now that they have so many junkies using them to shoot up...because of course Starbucks invited them in for that....

Morons.

What went wrong is actually the subject of my next book, I am still working it out in my head but Peterson is right that we stopped being willing to face the truth and also what happened is that increasingly people never grow up which means that they increasingly dont give a **** about the important things because they have no idea what the important things are. Some even deny the existence of important things...life is endless goofing off. We have cared about MEMEMEMEMEME and More More More More CHEAP.

And Truth has been replaced by dogma, often spouted by Modern Morons who dont understand what they yap because they could not be bothered to put in that much work.

Last edited:

and there it is

:inandout:

Government controlled drugs can be just as deadly as those supplied by the black market. Obviously.

and there it is

:inandout:

The sentence you highlighted in my post wasn't subjective on my behalf. You realize that I hope. Anyway, if it floats your boat to back out of a thread over a non-debatable fact, that's your jam brother.

Sackler's company almost singlehandedly created the opioid crisis of the past 25 years.

Given that these are prescription drugs, they had a lot of accomplices, actually.

Purdue cemented ties with universities and hospitals to expand opioid sales, documents contend
Purdue instead saw the sponsorship of a pain program at Mass. General as a way to gain sway at one of the most influential academic medical centers in the country and boost its revenues — by encouraging doctors to prescribe OxyContin and Purdue’s other opioids to more patients at higher doses and for longer periods of time — according to a court document made public Tuesday.
The filing also revealed new details about the cozy relationship Purdue pursued with Mass. General, Tufts University, and other academic institutions, drawing scrutiny about what Purdue was promised in exchange for its funding and raising conflict-of-interest questions.
But the court documents appear to pull back the curtain on what Purdue got in return for its philanthropy at Mass. General and Tufts. They show, ethicists and conflict-of-interest experts said, how drug companies can wield donations in an effort to gain academic allies for the marketing of their medications. Purdue’s efforts were so aggressive that even top executives were enlisted in the outreach.

“It’s clear that at this very highest level of the company, they wanted to not just cultivate relationships with Tufts and MGH, but to use their brands,” said Michelle Mello, a professor at Stanford’s medical and law schools. “I think that’s very disconcerting.”

Not true.

Prior to the Harrison Act in 1914 all drugs were legal, and somehow the country thrived and children were not selling drugs on street corners.

The Sackler family and its corporation were dishonest and immoral. The FDA went along with it--maybe it was deceived too, who knows?

As 60 Minutes showed, good men (however few) in the DEA caught on to what was happening, but they were hamstrung by the Justice Department.

Sackler started it by conning the doctors. The whole incident shows how moral turpitude runs through so much of Big Pharma.

Given that these are prescription drugs, they had a lot of accomplices, actually.

Purdue cemented ties with universities and hospitals to expand opioid sales, documents contend

A little back story on the history of pain killers in the USA; according to what I've read, doctors in the 1970s & 1980s were generally much more reluctant to prescribe powerful pain pills for minor, temporary pain. They recognized the potential dangers, and thus used greater discretion, which is similar to how doctors in the UK view these drugs. Pain pills, especially OxyContin, never gained a foothold outside of the USA, and while the UK deals with criminal enterprise smuggling and distributing heroin, they've never experienced an opiate crisis which compares to ours. Checks and balances held big pharma in place in the UK, whereas they were allowed to spread around millions of dollars in the USA, making large donations to university medical programs, pain management boards, and the like. They basically bought their way into the good graces of medical academia.

It's very revealing that the patent holder for OxyContin compared his drug to a natural disaster when giving his presentation to Purdue's board in the 1990's. This alludes to him having foreknowledge of the ravages his drug would effect, if it gained sufficient market share in analgesics. I suspect the outcome of the Massachusetts lawsuit to be a small fine which Sackler can easily pay. Such outcomes are commonplace unfortunately. If justice truly prevailed, he should have to give his entire fortune to compensating the victims of his malice, and spend the rest of his life in prison. He amounts to a serial killer who killed for profit.

As predicted; a white high school boy smiles at a native American fellow- mass hysteria!

A Jewish drug lord's product kills hundreds of thousands- crickets.

People continue to die due to overdose, less crime induced by black markets (cheaper drugs) and syndicates.

It's at least beneficial to those of us affected by the crime.

The sentence you highlighted in my post wasn't subjective on my behalf. You realize that I hope. Anyway, if it floats your boat to back out of a thread over a non-debatable fact, that's your jam brother.

The message you should take from your remark is that you're spouting a self-defeating lie about your victimization at the hands of Da Joos. The rest of us know evil bull when we see it, and we also know wananbe Edgelord posts when we see them. One description of your post is not much better than the other.

I am amused. We Joos are apparently victimizing you. We're like...1.4% of America, and maybe 0.002% worldwide. So, how is it that we victimize you? I mean, we'd have to be pretty ****ing awesome if we controlled the world, especially America. I mean, if someone beats you despite 1:500 odds against them, don't you kind of deserve it?

1:500 odds against, and we own the world. It's not true, but if it were, wouldn't we kind of deserve it at that point?

Of course, we don't rule anything. We're just resilient, far more than our ceaseless attackers. Have a.....day

;)

The message you should take from your remark is that you're spouting a self-defeating lie about your victimization at the hands of Da Joos. The rest of us know evil bull when we see it, and we also know wananbe Edgelord posts when we see them. One description of your post is not much better than the other.

I am amused. We Joos are apparently victimizing you. We're like...1.4% of America, and maybe 0.002% worldwide. So, how is it that we victimize you? I mean, we'd have to be pretty ****ing awesome if we controlled the world, especially America. I mean, if someone beats you despite 1:500 odds against them, don't you kind of deserve it?

1:500 odds against, and we own the world. It's not true, but if it were, wouldn't we kind of deserve it at that point?

Of course, we don't rule anything. We're just resilient, far more than our ceaseless attackers. Have a.....day

;)

From research, the phrase 'too white' has been used by journalists, opportunists, and activists since at least 1963. That's 56 years of blindly pointing at something which whites created, and calling it 'too white', in an attempt to break it up/steal it/transfer control to others who haven't earned it, unless you consider acquiring something via manipulation equates to earning it.

Contrast the above to the reaction one receives by saying, 'the media are too Jewish'. Even though it's true that almost every major media company is owned and staffed by a larger than normal percentage of Jews, anyone who makes mention of this is met with scorn and accusations. Their career may be ruined by those who you claim to belong to.

I'm going to continue pointing out the lies, hypocrisy, and destruction caused by the 1.4%. If I weren't telling the truth, you wouldn't bother with me. For example, if I said, 'blacks have too much power in the media', you'd laugh and that'd be the end of it. Absurd conspiracy theories receive no push back, only those which contain truth do.

As predicted; a white high school boy smiles at a native American fellow- mass hysteria!

A Jewish drug lord's product kills hundreds of thousands- crickets.

You were doing just fine with this thread until you decided to boil it all down to race and jew hating.

You were doing just fine with this thread until you decided to boil it all down to race and jew hating.

During the crack epidemic of the 1980's, it was commonplace for reporters to talk about the fact that black communities were hit hardest by crack. When it appeared to be true that the US government had a hand in creating the crack epidemic, no one refrained from mentioning the racial implications of deliberately targeting black communities with a deadly drug. Why should a double standard exist when a Jewish drug lord knowingly flooded the US with a powerful drug that was aimed at a white audience?

During the crack epidemic of the 1980's, it was commonplace for reporters to talk about the fact that black communities were hit hardest by crack. When it appeared to be true that the US government had a hand in creating the crack epidemic, no one refrained from mentioning the racial implications of deliberately targeting black communities with a deadly drug. Why should a double standard exist when a Jewish drug lord knowingly flooded the US with a powerful drug that was aimed at a white audience?

Because the fact that he is Jewish is incidental.

Because the fact that he is Jewish is incidental.

Is it? What about Purdue Pharmaceuticals 60 year history of hiring and promoting Jews exclusively to its executive positions?

Is it? What about Purdue Pharmaceuticals 60 year history of hiring and promoting Jews exclusively to its executive positions?

Again, incidental. Their religion has nothing to do with selling drugs.

Back
Top Bottom